Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Was the Netflix show "Anatomy of a Scandal" ever discussed here? Just finished the 1st episode and find it intriguing, well written, well acted and addictive.  

There are five more episodes. I may make myself a pot of coffee with a Red Bull chaser & power thru the rest of the series tonight. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Was the Netflix show "Anatomy of a Scandal" ever discussed here? Just finished the 1st episode and find it intriguing, well written, well acted and addictive.  

There are five more episodes. I may make myself a pot of coffee with a Red Bull chaser & power thru the rest of the series tonight. 

We have not watched.   We were hanging out on deck with our neighbors drinking so now we are watching the series God's Idiot (?) On Netflix.   Not so sure about this one, May just go to bed.

My Brother and his Wife are to arrive tomorrow morning.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It’s a good series with an interesting ending. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My oldest DD and SIL travel all around the states to see concerts but I don't remember them going overseas for a concert but I wouldn't rule it out happening some day.

We went to several, by accident, when I bought the DW a 50th birthday car.  Picked it up in Stuttgart and drove immediately 2 days later to Switzerland, which was hosting the EUFA Cup.  Every town we went to including our first, Salzburg had festivals in the town center to watch the matches on giant screens.  Salzburg even had actual matches.  First night was in Rothenburg au Tabler where we enjoyed the silly night watchman, think Monty Python.  Then a few nights in Salzburg with serious rock bands on stage when matches weren’t on.  Eventually we saw Jethro Tull in Lucerne Switzerland  (sp??).  All of it un planned.  One of the best holidays ever.  

JC

• Like 6

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Bohemian Rhapsody was a favourite of mine but all of their songs are good.

I have all of their albums, and quite frankly most of their songs on albums are complete rubbish, but there was almost always a few awesome songs on each album.  A lot of bands had albums with a full listening of good songs.  Queen had crap, and wow.  I can’t think of a single album of theirs that all of the songs stand up 40-50 years later.  

The Moody Blues, The Who, Genesis, Yes, Led Zeppelin, had complete albums of awesomeness.  Queen had lots of *****, and wow.  

JMHO, and YMMV

jc

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

We went to several, by accident, when I bought the DW a 50th birthday car.  Picked it up in Stuttgart and drove immediately 2 days later to Switzerland, which was hosting the EUFA Cup.  Every town we went to including our first, Salzburg had festivals in the town center to watch the matches on giant screens.  Salzburg even had actual matches.  First night was in Rothenburg au Tabler where we enjoyed the silly night watchman, think Monty Python.  Then a few nights in Salzburg with serious rock bands on stage when matches weren’t on.  Eventually we saw Jethro Tull in Lucerne Switzerland  (sp??).  All of it un planned.  One of the best holidays ever.  

JC

That sounds cool.   I have seen Jetho Tull a couple of times.  I like his presentation.   One concert he had a huge screen showing The Hair That Lost His Spectacles.   Like Alice in Wonderland.   At the end of the story it looks like he jumps out of the screen, lands on stage and starts playing.   They were great concerts.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I bet he would love tomatoes too!  One of the neighbors that I share tomatoes with looks after things without me asking.   I have found out he has watered plants while I am gone.

My youngest DD is not going this year.  She plans to water some while we are gone.

So, we typically eat Flavor Bombs, tomatoes from Sams Club, but I hadn’t had the chance to go the last few nights, so on the way down to the lake house for the 3 night Juneteenth holiday, we stopped at a roadside vendor selling Arkansas Tomatoes.  After lugging all the stuff into the house from the Jeep Gladiator, and getting a Costco Sous Vide Chicken Piccata out of the freezer from dinner.  I cooked said dinner and DW sliced up one of the Arkansas tomatoes, and it was awesome.  

I have the drip system in our back yard hillbilly hooked up.  IE I have hooked up the drip system on timers, but I have yet to go replace the little heads that failed in the winter, so the end of the line is water squirting six feet out to nothing but grass.  I really need to spend some time fixing the system.

On the upside the tomatoes are on the start of the faulty drip system and are getting well watered automatically each morning early.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, we typically eat Flavor Bombs, tomatoes from Sams Club, but I hadn’t had the chance to go the last few nights, so on the way down to the lake house for the 3 night Juneteenth holiday, we stopped at a roadside vendor selling Arkansas Tomatoes.  After lugging all the stuff into the house from the Jeep Gladiator, and getting a Costco Sous Vide Chicken Piccata out of the freezer from dinner.  I cooked said dinner and DW sliced up one of the Arkansas tomatoes, and it was awesome.  

I have the drip system in our back yard hillbilly hooked up.  IE I have hooked up the drip system on timers, but I have yet to go replace the little heads that failed in the winter, so the end of the line is water squirting six feet out to nothing but grass.  I really need to spend some time fixing the system.

On the upside the tomatoes are on the start of the faulty drip system and are getting well watered automatically each morning early.

I have a few Arkansas Traveler tomato plants and so far they are showing the most tomatoes.  Saw my 1st one turning red today.  They must handle this type of weather better than the other tomatoes. They are one of Sharon's favorites.  I have a little over 180 showing already of various types,  no cherry. 

• Like 1

We only plant the cherry, because the big ones when we are working split.  Most of the small cherries doe pretty good.  Just continue the Flavor bombs.  We will be stopping at the same roadside place Monday on the way back to town if they are there.  Very good.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

I bought the DW a 50th birthday car.  Picked it up in Stuttgart and drove immediately 2 days later to Switzerland,

I only know of one manufacturer that you can pick up in Stuttgart….😁

I’ve been and driven by said facilities.

• Like 1

Andrew- I think that both Mercedes and Porsche are available in Stuttgart. 

My husband’s friend Richie has an auto body company that specializes in repairing German automobiles- BMW, Audi, Porsche and Mercedes. I recall him talking about the locations of the automakers in Germany.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

8th Grade Graduation is at 6:00 this evening at the High School which is behind the woods behind our property.  People line up on our block to park once the school parking lot is full.  Traffic gets crazy for both Graduations here.  The High School Graduation is next Monday.  Jack will be either producing or taping the High School Graduation for YouTube.  Ryan will be playing Pomp and Circumstance(?) with his school band for the 8th Grade Graduation.  I'm heading to the backyard, hoping I'll hear the band.  We definitely hear the graduates names announced from the loudspeakers,👩‍🎓👨‍🎓

Pomp and circumstance is an excellent tune by Sir Edward Elgar and a favourite on the 

Last Night of the Proms in the Royal Albert Hall in London each year.

Well done Jack and Ryan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I harvested my first garlic. 30 bulbs so far.  The smaller ones looked more than ready now.  Will harvest the rest in the next couple days. 

image.thumb.png.97f9b7e9fa142bf5baadfff2023a384d.png

Does it have cloves if you peel it some? Although, as I recall, when I grew garlic from store cloves, it looked like that too. :classic_smile: Tasted fine though! And yours are a nice size. 

Western Bluebirds.  Here is a photo of the birdhouse residents this year. We usually have chickadees and have learned that insect eating birds are really, really messy. :classic_biggrin:

Here is the female. 

Bluebirds 2022 copy.JPG

And here is one of the babies. 

Bluebird Baby copy.JPG

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 21

Weather has finally warmed up a bit here.  18C.  Despite the better weather, we spent it mainly indoors in the city.  Went to World Press Photo Exhibition followed by Sydney Film Festival Screening of the golf movie “Phantom of the Open” about Maurice Flitcroft who in 1976 gained entry to the British Open despite not playing golf before. One of those uplifting with humour movies about the underdog that the Brits do so well.

• Like 3

Two games today at 11:15 and 6:00.  Reports to come later.

Wind has slowed down some, gusts were 60kph all day yesterday and dropping to 45 today. Sun is shining as well. High in the 20C range. 

• Like 4