Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I am afraid the grandkids will soon be dealing with the loss of the only pet they have ever known.   It is hard to tell how they have been processing all the changes they see taking place right now. 

I have no words, sorry to hear all your family is going through. 

• Like 5

The third “and then…..” is not specifically one from yesterday, but just one more thing my daughter’s family has been dealing with. 

I know there are many pet lovers on here.  Their “Lucy” has been with them for 16 years, and now shows signs she is reaching the end of her life.  

Lucy

122C62B5-4D63-4841-9EAF-398CE106D9E5.thumb.jpeg.8e4daad4d657abc3a05988cbccc380c3.jpeg

I am afraid the grandkids will soon be dealing with the loss of the only pet they have ever known.   It is hard to tell how they have been processing all the changes they see taking place right now. 

I am so sorry for this.  Kids handle these changes better than we give them credit for.  As long as they know they are loved and will be cared for they will be okay🙏🤞

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric is always the opposite of a "normal" cruiser.   He usually losses a couple pounds and docs love his blood work after he gets home from a cruise.    

I tell my doc I don't want labs for at least a month after I get home from a cruise.    I don't want to see my numbers after all the rich delicious food😁

I have never gained weight on a cruise.When I was physically able I was in the fitness center at least once a day every day of the cruise and always walked at least two miles in every cruise port.

The only snacks I ate were oatmeal raisin cookies and Sorrento’s pizza.

• Like 3

The third “and then…..” is not specifically one from yesterday, but just one more thing my daughter’s family has been dealing with. 

I know there are many pet lovers on here.  Their “Lucy” has been with them for 16 years, and now shows signs she is reaching the end of her life.  

Lucy

122C62B5-4D63-4841-9EAF-398CE106D9E5.thumb.jpeg.8e4daad4d657abc3a05988cbccc380c3.jpeg

I'm always amazed how resilient some kids can be.  They seem to handle change much better than us adults.    

I am so sorry for all the issues your family is having now.   

I'm sure Lucy has had 16 wonderful years of love with your caring family.

3 major ones is more than enough.   Prayers and hugs sent your way for everything to improve soon.🦋💐

• Like 6

After eating I was saying bye to Dave and he asked if we can take a selfie and share it with Greg.  He said, He will love it.

image.thumb.png.cb997ab1f2b0243a33a26268c2daf08e.png

He was still performing when he called me up for the selfie.  As I was walking away he started talking to the crowd.... That is John.  He is a cruise friend with a very good find of mind Greg.  He said some more things about you and if I heard right he played the next song for you. 

• Like 17

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Lucy

I am sorry your daughter tested positive and the kids will soon lose their much loved Lucy.  The kids are clearly surrounded by a lot of love and support so hopefully that helps them deal with this difficult road you are on.

• Like 7

Was hoping I would see a Waratah in the bush.  They are our State Emblem and flowering right now.  The Park Rangers are now spray painting their stems blue, to stop them from being taken out of the bush so it was probably better that I was able to see two in their native garden without the paint.C0F797AC-8D6D-45F3-9697-BE690DEAAB31.thumb.jpeg.ff66fae079e913f29688aafebd407f4e.jpeg

0A974FF3-7C46-4D7E-AAE0-DC9E39227A12.thumb.jpeg.71bc36c0aa590c71805e9cfe57a6e106.jpeg

The visitors centre runs kids activities, this little guy a bearded dragon,  born in captivity, is popular with the kids.F456980E-4D8E-4A13-8AC8-8FD4B7F1C32A.thumb.jpeg.7e59715125cfffc32d4a7e2462868b49.jpeg

They also have a sculpture trail on at the moment, this one was my favourite resembling banksia seed pods.14829D9D-078F-4E09-A9BC-F6D976CA4D05.thumb.png.f884a79a4776d4331b7e4a390865db60.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Lucy

16 years is a long, very loved life. It's never easy saying goodbye.

• Like 8

@h20skibum

Mark and Susan...................so much happening.

I wish there could be someway somehow your current events would be on the brighter side.

But I want you to know we are praying for your daughter and your whole family for better times.

I am so sorry for Lucy, I know your grandchildren will miss those loving purrs.

@A&L_Ont

Our condolences to you and all our fellow Canadians, Londoners and Countries world wide.

With the loss of a GREAT leader, we are only left with awesome memories.

May her legacy live on.

GOD BLESS THE QUEEN

MAY SHE REST IN PEACE.

Take care

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

It’s a beautiful evening in Sydney. Many Sydneysiders like ourselves have caught the ferry across the harbour to view the Opera House Sails this evening and more still are at the Overseas Passenger Terminal (no cruise ship in tonight) taking photos & videos.2A42305D-FDE8-4909-A843-B5A3266E67D5.thumb.jpeg.98471a0c561d85a0ec8cbcc80ef183c5.jpeg

We are currently sitting outside sipping champagne and people watching with the Opera House in view.

• Like 23

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was just scrolling through some pictures and it hit me how much something can change in 5 months. This is 2mos and now at 7mos old...

FB_IMG_1648252470758.thumb.jpg.b43c3c1195dd81e4fd2510477a7bdb5a.jpg

20220905_090740.thumb.jpg.2c1322d25f47cd437919abb8559a8da5.jpg

And back when she had taken up residence in the piano much to my dismay 😑...

20220518_095306.thumb.jpg.1dd0239c507f795c73826ea197b54e76.jpg

What a cute baby and such a beautiful cat.  Jade is a wonderful companion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@h20skibum

Mark and Susan...................so much happening.

I wish there could be someway somehow your current events would be on the brighter side.

But I want you to know we are praying for your daughter and your whole family for better times.

I am so sorry for Lucy, I know your grandchildren will miss those loving purrs.

@h20skibum

Mark, I'm thinking especially about your grandchildren. May be, if you have not done this until now, ask advice how to temporize [or mediate?]  the "situation" to them?

When my aunt died suddenly at 67 from a cardiac arrest, just 2 months after moving from another city to be close to my cousin and help her with 3 young grandchildren, my cousin sought professional help to come to terms with the loss of her mom.

I was very surprised when she told me that [she was then a HS teacher with an MA degree], and she replied that sometimes you need "tools" to deal with adverse situations.

• Like 12