Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Nice to be able to watch the football game on the phone.... wait, they just scored.  🙄

I was at the kiosk at Palm Beach Golf Club at lunchtime.  The two guys in front of me were paying for their rounds and asked the staff member, anywhere we can watch the footy after this?.  Then I was on the Manly ferry at sunset, standing at the back taking in the magic views and a guy passes me watching the footy on his mobile…

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sgmn said:

A long planned trip to London to visit friends turned into a walk to Buckingham Palace where my friend laid some flowers.  I picked some Rosemary sprigs from the garden to tuck into her bouquet.  In the language of flowers, rosemary is for remembrance and Love.

It's was extremely crowded with areas around the front and the mall closed off due to King Charles's formal ceremony at St James Palace . So we couldn't get to the front of BP but there were areas all around the Palace where people were leaving flowers 

20220910_130632.thumb.jpg.66c117e92bc5f154283040eca71e89b6.jpg

20220910_124823.thumb.jpg.da6f50c359b72f22cc05f69768ea3bf6.jpg

20220910_124653.thumb.jpg.42e7d574ba47e48b9ef9928d0be105f6.jpg

IMG-20220910-WA0013.thumb.jpg.99a7841a27da3bc6fc565bfb69a78dca.jpg

Oh Sue, the emotions.  Thank you for sharing.

• Like 3

Absolutely glorious Sunday in Sydney today.

All public transport in Sydney was free today due to King Charles III.  As I was without a car  and company, I made the most of it.

Bus from Wynyard to Palm Beach (looong trip but doable for a tourist) Was on the front seat of a double decker so had a birds eye view of the bridge climbers going up the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Then travelled through Neutral Bay and Mosman and down to the Spit Bridge.  Bridge was up so had a bit of a wait while

the boats passed under the bridge but you get a nice view of Middle Harbour while you wait.  Then onto the Northern Beaches peninsula.  Changed buses at Mona Vale, thankfully for a one level bus (discovered double story buses are too bumpy for me)

Scenic views from bus of Newport and Bigola Beaches.

Finally arrived at Palm Beach ferry wharf.  Got off, checked out the ferry but decided I wanted to stretch my legs instead of a ferry ride so walked along beach next to ferry wharf.

D29B9532-D48A-431F-B61F-44CB52D5011F.thumb.jpeg.110b20d91da3e6de6420c67f76a62800.jpeg

B46BF9E4-5873-4536-9FCB-02CB1D3EFDFC.thumb.jpeg.dc94355643c9035604a9e3394eec270e.jpeg

• Like 13

First thing you see is Palm Beach Golf Course which is located between Pittwater and Palm Beach and has Barrenjoey headland in front of it.  I walked along the beach on Pittwater side hoping for our usual cafe.  Unfortunately it has been demolished so had to retrace my steps all along the way back then walked across to the Palm Beach side and came across a new cafe/restaurant next to “Summer Bay” (TV reference for the UK). Had a very tasty lunch and coffee.021CD42D-C530-4AA6-B5F3-F44A5D4FD563.thumb.jpeg.a6c1cd0d5567cd3f1de177288cb477e2.jpeg

• Like 10

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Do you know how long it will be there? We won’t be there until October 29th. Hope we get to see it.

Neat looking flower.

How does that work with Prince Harry? He isn’t in line to be King?

No.

It is William then his oldest son George or his next oldest child if anything happened to George.

George would be followed by his oldest child then George's oldest child would follow him.

Harry would never be king.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Let's see, the past couple days:

1.) I took my residents on my M/S Mount Washington for a benefit that raises funds for breathing and respiratory issues.  They loved it so much, they want to go back next year and have already started marking their calendars.

2.) Made it a family event and we all got our flu shots and Omicron boosters.  Apart from a few sore arms and fatigue, we're all fine.

3.) My parents took my nephew to a Family Fun Day at a local park.  I would have gone as well, but I'm currently fighting ragweed allergies.

4.) Been taking it easy as I recover and watching "Quantum Leap" before the reboot on September 19th.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No.

It is William then his oldest son George or his next oldest child if anything happened to George.

George would be followed by his oldest child then George's oldest child would follow him.

Harry would never be king.

Prince Harry is in line to be the King but chances aren't good because he has 3 younger children ahead of him. The line of succession looks like this :

British Line of Succession

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here is what I did for the rest of today:

Walked up to Barrenjoey Lighthouse.  It a short hard climb.  You can choose stairs or no stairs.  Make it to the top and you get beautiful views of Palm Beach on one side and Pittwater on the other.  There is also a guided tour of the Lighthouse but it needs to be prebooked.8B90FFC3-015D-4765-92A9-5DB6DE096E7D.thumb.jpeg.03d2ad58df3f3ec131cd8524f36b8e4d.jpeg

A73B74C2-4CB4-4FBB-B882-7C31C8D2EF0B.thumb.jpeg.8e5185b44997ef9f8c01537fb49aedf0.jpeg

679DD7C5-A42B-43C6-90BD-013C38C11233.thumb.jpeg.193edeaa906f70b146f4f313e7459be5.jpeg

F0C7017A-07D5-403D-AE80-BA7FDC4C520A.thumb.png.7854cec7cc2aa30a9493c24c10654c2b.png

• Like 15

8 hours ago, George C said:

We were at our favorite upscale restaurant tonight to listen to music, unfortunately we went to a once great Italian restaurant that is now terrible before,  I normally stick to gin and tonic there started with that then had a rare breed wild Turkey which is well over a hundred proof then went to Hennessy cognac , owner then bought another round so another Hennessy, bartender bought a round so a pretty cheap night with great music.

Rare Breed is a great bourbon. For 100 proof it is real smooth.

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

OK. That does it. You are now the official bartender on the Bella cruise!

Ha I’d love that if they let me behind the bar. Maybe I can just be the Bella Cruise Cocktail Consultant!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Good morning 

HAPPY SUNDAY. 

Raining here in Oxford Ohio. 

Going to breakfast at one of the locals favorite spots. Patterson. 

Then spending some quality time with DD and SIL. 

We now are planning to leave around noon to head home.  Storms will make our travels a tad longer. 

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. KENZIE. 

Lovely pictures. 

Stay healthy. 

Glad some of our absent friends are returning. 

Hope to see more soon. 

❤️

• Like 8

Just checked my local news stories, that one of my friends shared from a social media site. 

Never a dull moment. 

I used to work with the girl that shared this. 

A99556B6-D634-42A6-ADE4-4418CB86F0DB.jpeg.6f3cbc1a88622bde0697da06fe3ad3db.jpeg

Mark and Susan. Don’t know if they can travel fast. But be careful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Tell me his secret . On The Beyond 10 day cruise in June I put on 13lbs😬  .  A lot of it was water though, as I lost 9bs the next week

I wish I knew his secret.   

When I cruise I get up and walk laps early morning, much more than I do at home on work days but I always put on a couple of pounds.    

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Just checked my local news stories, that one of my friends shared from a social media site. 

Never a dull moment. 

I used to work with the girl that shared this. 

A99556B6-D634-42A6-ADE4-4418CB86F0DB.jpeg.6f3cbc1a88622bde0697da06fe3ad3db.jpeg

Mark and Susan. Don’t know if they can travel fast. But be careful. 

We will keep our eye out for it, and try to catch it before it gets to your place.

Speaking of which, we were probably close to your back yard a couple weeks ago.  We took our grandkids to a birthday / pool party at Squaw Creek Country Club.  That is a really nice facility, with a huge pool.  It took both of us to keep our eye on both of them.  

I wonder how long before the culture warriors demand they change the name of that CC?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When I cruise I get up and walk laps early morning, much more than I do at home on work days but I always put on a couple of pounds.   

For me, I think I have narrowed down those extra pounds being caused by either eating or drinking. 

I just can’t see giving up either to determine which one is the culprit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

For me, I think I have narrowed down those extra pounds being caused by either eating or drinking. 

I just can’t see giving up either to determine which one is the culprit. 

I blame all the deserts and ice cream.   I love their strawberry ice cream and always have a scoop with whatever desert I have with dinner.   Next, would be the cocktails.

Not about to stop any of that while cruising😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1