Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Fll two times recently in May and August.

In May we were on the upper floor (I think it was 14 or 15).

The suites were clean, but the bathroom was old.  Clean but old.

In August we were on the second floor.

Room very clean, updated bathroom.

Well kinda.

The new toilet would have been perfect for a toddler.

It was like a new way of sitting to make a deposit.

It had to be at least 6 inches lower than the standard height of a toilet.

The first time that I lowered the back side down, I thought someone pulled the chair out from under me.  I kept going down, and (((((((((THUD))))))))))  Found the throne.

It was a new way to sit, to shall we ,------------do it.

Take care

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Send prayers for the people of Puerta Rico that are getting slammed by Hurricane Fiona.   The entire island is without power.  They are expecting up to 25 inches of rain.   DR will get hit sometime tonight per news station I was just watching.

I have apparently been out of touch. I heard about the storm but did not know that Puerto Rico got hit. I feel so badly for them 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Fll two times recently in May and August.

In May we were on the upper floor (I think it was 14 or 15).

The suites were clean, but the bathroom was old.  Clean but old.

In August we were on the second floor.

Room very clean, updated bathroom.

Well kinda.

The first time that I lowered the back side down, I thought someone pulled the chair out from under me.  I kept going down, and (((((((((THUD))))))))))  Found the throne.

It was a new way to sit, to shall we ,------------do it.

Take care

My problem wasn’t the room , took20 mins to checkin,  we got there at 7:30 , they closed the bar and restaurant at 8 , huge line for a cold breakfast following morning. I like being able to see the ship from hotel like in Hilton marina.

• Like 2

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I have apparently been out of touch. I heard about the storm but did not know that Puerto Rico got hit. I feel so badly for them 

I didn't realize the storm turned into a hurricane until we turned on local news after dinner.   Cat 1 now but they expect to become a cat 3 and may curve towards Bermuda for next weekend.

Watching the videos on news channel looked horrible with flooding, roofs blowing off buildings and a new bridge built after Hurricane Maria being washed away.   Very sad.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, George C said:

My problem wasn’t the room , took20 mins to checkin,  we got there at 7:30 , they closed the bar and restaurant at 8 , huge line for a cold breakfast following morning. I like being able to see the ship from hotel like in Hilton marina.

The last time we stayed there we had a small balcony on the back side and had a great view of the ships.    They served hot breakfast options in 2020 pre covid.

We have also stayed at Hilton Marina.  It was OK.  Lots of construction was happening when we were there.

We also have stayed at Pier 66 Hotel prior to shutdown for full renovation.   I want to go back there and see what they did with the place.

Edited by Sunshine3601

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I didn't realize the storm turned into a hurricane until we turned on local news after dinner.   Cat 1 now but they expect to become a cat 3 and may curve towards Bermuda for next weekend.

Watching the videos on news channel looked horrible with flooding, roofs blowing off buildings and a new bridge built after Hurricane Maria being washed away.   Very sad.

I think when things happen to places that one has been to it hits harder than when it is just a name on a map. It becomes much more personal. Yes, this is a very sad storm.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yes…great weather today in Seattle. Looks good for the next 3 days which includes Ketchikan. Good chance of rain after that. We’ll see. 

Looks like you may not get all the rain that the northwestern Alaska is going to get but looks like you might notice the high winds churning up the Pacific more then normal for this time of the year. Be sure to hold onto your hats.!

• Like 1

It was a good day today.  Daughter finally tested negative for Covid, so she will be back on her normal treatment schedule in another week. 

Today was the end of boating season for us. I spent my day cleaning our boat, winterizing it, and moved it into it’s garage spot for the winter.  It was also a day to clean the garage and the vehicles.  After all that work, I had to channel Sea Dog, and relax with a kraken Colada.  I think my bartender is more generous with the kraken pour. Oh, wait, that would be me. 😏

6677E16C-6486-4D40-9FA6-77A76223F596.thumb.jpeg.7e1f6e575908bca2f93f2caa30f9055d.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They said after it goes through Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic  and gets over the open water it will strengthen  and looks to be a direct hit  Turks and Caicos Island which could really  be bad on that small island.

My Sister and Brother-in-law went there for a week this past Summer finally after their vacation there was canceled because of Covid back in 2020.

image.png.0762763adc4303de97c40321874d9184.png

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

They said after it goes through Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic  and gets over the open water it will strengthen  and looks to be a direct hit  Turks and Caicos Island which could really  be bad on that small island.

My Sister and Brother-in-law went there for a week this past Summer finally after their vacation there was canceled because of Covid in 2020.

Very sorry to read this. Can only hope the forecasts are wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yes…great weather today in Seattle. Looks good for the next 3 days which includes Ketchikan. Good chance of rain after that. We’ll see. 

Hope you get a chance to see Bills tomorrow, my brother in law has season tickets and a good friend have season tickets, my brother in law is taking Monday and Tuesday off so he can enjoy the game ,my friend is retired . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m not prepping 2 days before.  Procedure is Tuesday. Tomorrow (Monday) I fast all day (except clear liquids and jello) and begin prep at 3 pm.  
I’m grouchy now in advance of tomorrow’s fasting & prep. 

If you'd like a nurse's advice, stock up on baby wipes and some sort of ointment (diaper rash ointment, A&D ointment, or even just Vaseline/petroleum jelly).  

Don't use toilet paper at all -- use baby wipes only (toss in trash instead of flushing).  And after the first "go" apply the ointment liberally to the entire area, and reapply after every single "go".  

It's so much easier to prevent a "ring of fire" situation than it is to correct one after it has already developed!  

Charge all your devices, put some bottles of water in the bathroom, and camp out! LOL

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

The last home I lived in and the current home I live in have the higher toilets, so that's what I'm used to.  I'm currently staying with my folks in Michigan while I work there, and they have the old "regular height" toilet.  Boy, it's a bit of an adrenaline rush when you don't land on the seat at the height you're expecting to!  

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

@Sea Dog and @Ocean Boy - Seattle has created an NHL team in your honor. You even have jerseys!

2C27D5C6-655C-4A61-9C3C-F22232181240.thumb.jpeg.a4393ead8553096087a56df3d0848ce7.jpeg

I’m going to buy that!

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not on a ship but the view isn't bad...

20220918_175711.thumb.jpg.f522e7f762c72d401501cf3d7a66123b.jpg

I would take that view any day of the week. Cheers to you.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Where is @Sea Dog? I need to know what he's doing.😊

It’s a rough job but somebody’s got to do it. Trying new cocktails for you!

62BF8C4A-A2F0-47E1-8B37-2B55547ED4AB.thumb.jpeg.194c580dbc96442d1576aedfcc65a11e.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, brillohead said:

The last home I lived in and the current home I live in have the higher toilets, so that's what I'm used to.  I'm currently staying with my folks in Michigan while I work there, and they have the old "regular height" toilet.  Boy, it's a bit of an adrenaline rush when you don't land on the seat at the height you're expecting to!  

We just experienced that at a hotel. Plus, they don't have the soft close seats/lids like we have at home.  We always slam them a few times before we remember. 😀

I always get a little more animated and involved when we are pre-cruise. 😀

• Like 4

1 hour ago, George C said:

Hope you get a chance to see Bills tomorrow, my brother in law has season tickets and a good friend have season tickets, my brother in law is taking Monday and Tuesday off so he can enjoy the game ,my friend is retired . 

Tough decision tomorrow. Sail away is at 4:00. Kickoff is at 4:15.  Maybe they’ll show the game in the 270 Lounge with the mountains in the background. 

• Like 2

This sounds interesting. I don't know if it is true or not. (click bait) But I do like easy recipes. 

Making Pizza Dough with Two Ingredients in Less than 10 Minutes

Did you know that you can make your own pizza dough with just two ingredients in under 10 minutes? That’s right, all you need is 1 cup of Greek yogurt and 1 ½ cups of flour (all-purpose, self-rising, white or wheat).

Combine and mix together the flour and Greek yogurt.

Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, add a little bit of flour to balance out the texture.

Advertisement

Making Pizza Dough with Two Ingredients in Less than 10 Minutes
Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4