Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, NHProud said:

Same here.  Harry and Meghan were excluded from the heads of state reception at Buckingham Palace . I suppose Prince Andrew was , also.  

We have Travel Pro soft side garment bags . They’ve traveled many miles . I’ve just bought a carryon  Samsonite hard sided bag. 

Today , I received my third Covid booster injection ( total of 5 Covid vaccinations ) and flu shot . No problems ! 

I like White Castle burgers .  I’m easy to please .  

I have been using Travel Pro for many years since that's what Pan Am issued when I worked there. I was thinking about looking into hard sided luggage, but after reading some of the comments here I'm not sure I want to anymore. To me one of the drawbacks would be having to pack 2 sides. I like packing all in one side.

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

...I agree totally about those sandwiches. I read about them on CC and the first time I tried one I was thinking what are those folks raving about? I'd rather be at Sorrento's...😯

We have had some great Kimmelweck sandwiches and we have had some horrible ones. The last few were very full of gristle so I quit getting them.

13 hours ago, sgmn said:

I thought I would share this pic taken at our wedding, 36 years ago today.

Not sure where the years have gone. I feel bad as with everything going on this last week I forgot about it, but Hubby gave me a lovely card and a rose Bush 🌹 💕

We're looking after Isaac today so probably won't celebrate but will when we go to Cornwall tomorrow for a few days 

IMG-20220920-WA0000.thumb.jpg.8cd40f315ef42d46828647e097d2b564.jpg

Congratulations, what a lovely couple.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm with you... I'd eat almost anything over White Castle tried it twice just in case the first time was a mistake.  Give me In N Out any day of the week.  I can't for the life me understand people fascination with those tasteless little burgers.

I think they like smelly onions with a small bit of soft bread and maybe beef patty.

Not a proper hamburger by any definition.  On the upside, they are sort of the original slider, smelly though they are.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That burger looks really good.  I had a late lunch so I am not that hungry tonight....... Until I saw this!  I am now going to see if snacking can satisfy.

My wife only eats burgers that I cook on the grill , my normal Friday lunch is Kobe beef burger at our favorite restaurant, which also has four dollar martinis,  manager keeps our favorite table open and waiters know to keep the vodka dirty martinis coming. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday was, what has become a new normal weekday for us.  We spend every weekday, all day at our daughter’s house, helping her with anything she needs done.

We have all been going for walks at the lake, but we do not get there before sunrise any days, because the grandkids need to get off to school.  They say it is important that she keeps up with exercise.

Speaking of exercise, I know I have mentioned here before that I use a Fitbit tracker.  Well, yesterday was seven years since I began wearing one.  I have to admit, they do give you a little more incentive to keep moving, and I have a “family”, much like this one, that does daily challenges. 

Anyhow, it appears that in three more months time, I will have walked the equivalent to one time around the world.  (No wonder I go through so many pair of tennis shoes)

D56F9CF1-3144-4DA5-ADC6-146A6A254306.thumb.jpeg.86ecf1d7ba03ebc06c01a0c6190b4100.jpeg

Even the last month, I have picked up the pace a little.  

38620505-2814-4154-8A7E-359A6B9D47C6.thumb.jpeg.d430ff34fd35292f2e330d42aed033c8.jpeg

Today, more of the same.  Heading out to walk with our daughter. Better to do it now, when it is 57°, than later when it is 80°.

That's impressive. Wishing your daughter all the best.

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, Wawa's are in NJ  and Philadelphia, most have gas stations  also.

They now have them in Fort Lauderdale.

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Navigator, Mexican Riviera. :classic_smile:

Enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

From this morning. Is this early enough OB?

A242691D-1269-4AE1-B102-2AD92A3EC51D.thumb.jpeg.faed9c0f09e02d5829095e173258099a.jpeg

719AA1AD-9DAE-4266-ACB9-54EDEAECF98B.thumb.jpeg.1a97b0a36ebf805260ea02906f7c3671.jpeg

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I prefer Whataburger to any other "fast food" burgers.  When I was in rehab, Jack brought me a Whataburger and fries a few times a week. 

I must not be a true Texan yet. Shhhh I don't care for chicken fried steak but I LOVE Blue Bell ice cream if that counts. 

I grew up on Blue Bell. When they temporarily shut down due to the issues they had I had to find something else. Found out the Publix brand is just as good and cheaper.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I grew up on Blue Bell. When they temporarily shut down due to the issues they had I had to find something else. Found out the Publix brand is just as good and cheaper.

I was glad to see Blue Bell ice cream back in the stores after the listeria issue that closed them down.

Is Publix only in FL?  Never been.  I've read so much about it in here.

34 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Last time we were in Disney, there is also 3 Wawa's in  Kissimmee, Florida.

Many Wawa's in Orlando.  One is being built in the new O-Town West development near the White Castle that recently opened.

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was glad to see Blue Bell ice cream back in the stores after the listeria issue that closed them down.

Is Publix only in FL?  Never been.  I've read so much about it in here.

They started out in Florida, but they are now in Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today I was the “patient” for an hour during my daughter’s four hour zoom first aid course.  6 participants, one of whom had her young child as her patient and he was very vocal with his “pain” much to his mum’s embarrassment but he followed his mum’s instructions well. Zoom course was excellent. DH & I did a physical course just before my daughter was born.  Long overdue for another, since it is recommended you do one every three years.

Afterwards, we went out for brunch.F3B67069-CBF7-48C3-B71F-A9150F467E2F.thumb.jpeg.f6f4f25268daa0c7d758797701bd0076.jpeg

• Like 11

19 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday was, what has become a new normal weekday for us.  We spend every weekday, all day at our daughter’s house, helping her with anything she needs done.

We have all been going for walks at the lake, but we do not get there before sunrise any days, because the grandkids need to get off to school.  They say it is important that she keeps up with exercise.

Speaking of exercise, I know I have mentioned here before that I use a Fitbit tracker.  Well, yesterday was seven years since I began wearing one.  I have to admit, they do give you a little more incentive to keep moving, and I have a “family”, much like this one, that does daily challenges. 

Anyhow, it appears that in three more months time, I will have walked the equivalent to one time around the world.  (No wonder I go through so many pair of tennis shoes)

D56F9CF1-3144-4DA5-ADC6-146A6A254306.thumb.jpeg.86ecf1d7ba03ebc06c01a0c6190b4100.jpeg

Even the last month, I have picked up the pace a little.  

38620505-2814-4154-8A7E-359A6B9D47C6.thumb.jpeg.d430ff34fd35292f2e330d42aed033c8.jpeg

Today, more of the same.  Heading out to walk with our daughter. Better to do it now, when it is 57°, than later when it is 80°.

Your walking is so impressive, I am in awe, especially with all that's going on with your family .

I try to do 10,000 but sometimes fail. Occasionally I'm in the mid teens and a couple of times reached over 22k

• Like 2

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congadulations to you both.

Please post photos.  My grandmother took my mom and aunt to their relatives to Cornwall during the London Blitz during WW2.  They stayed in Delabole at an Aunt’s.  I got to go there as a child with my grandmother and family.  We went on many day trips around Cornwall. We took the train from the London area to Bodmin and stayed with the same Aunt. Just looking at Google Earth was like a trip down memory lane. 

Will do Andrew.

You probably know but others may not, Delabole is close to Port Isaac which has two claims to fame.  One is it's the village used in the Dr Martin TV  series. (Last ever series has just started on TV)

And two its the home of the singing sensations 'Fisherman Friends' of whome a feel good film was made in 2019. A sequel has been made but its not meant to be so good

https://thefishermansfriends.com/meetthebouys

Were actually staying on the other coast in an area called The Roseland Peninsula.  Its where my mother lived as a child and is close to St Mawes in one direction and Truro and Mevagissey (where my uncle was a fishermen) in the other. 

We will go to the Atlantic side though, to Perranporth where my Grandmother lived, I love the big waves on that coast 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Sue and Gary🍾🌹 Cheers!

Lovely photo.  You are both beaming happiness.    I hope you have a wonderful getaway in Cornwall.  

Thanks Debbie, it was a wonderful sunny day and I still remember it very clearly. 

Looking forward to Cornwall. We try and visit every year. Sounds morbid but my mum always put flowers on the family graves when she was alive and Gary and I like to do the same at least once a year .

We will be meeting up with my last remaining Cornish family, my cousins whilst we are there.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Debbie, it was a wonderful sunny day and I still remember it very clearly. 

Looking forward to Cornwall. We try and visit every year. Sounds morbid but my mum always put flowers on the family graves when she was alive and Gary and I like to do the same at least once a year .

We will be meeting up with my last remaining Cornish family, my cousins whilst we are there.

It is not morbid Sue.

When Pauline's mam was alive Pauline and her mam tended to and put flowers on Pauline's mam's  mam and dad's and baby son's graves every 2 weeks for 50+ years.

When her mam died 4 years ago Pauline and I have tended the graves and put fresh flowers on them every 2 weeks.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Your walking is so impressive, I am in awe, especially with all that's going on with your family .

I try to do 10,000 but sometimes fail. Occasionally I'm in the mid teens and a couple of times reached over 22k

Mid teens and 20’s is really good. I have had times I didn’t make 10,000.  Other days, I have made up for it. 

I remember hearing about people that would get 100,000 in a day, and that seemed unrealistic to me.  So I set out one day, three years ago, to see how many I could get in one day.  It was a struggle, but I topped 80,000. 

EFB231F9-895E-4578-9FAF-AF215DCB6C0C.thumb.jpeg.4fea1fcf94c21af38fb1cd33676d43d6.jpeg

But then, I was younger, and still in my 60’s then.  Don’t think I will try that again. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

As for the food topic, growing up and living in Michigan for pretty much my entire life, I've never eaten at a Whataburger, In-n-Out, or even Sonic.  I've lived such a deprived life!!!

Don't feel left out.  I have never been to Whataburger or In and Out either.   There is a Sonic about 30 mins from me.  We went a couple of times with the boys when they were teenagers but I don't remember being impressed.  It was not a place that I asked to go back, we only went because our one Son liked them.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

As for the food topic, growing up and living in Michigan for pretty much my entire life, I've never eaten at a Whataburger, In-n-Out, or even Sonic.  I've lived such a deprived life!!!

I've never been to any of those places either.

• Like 2

I have never been to a Whataburger, or Sonic.  Went to in an Out once in California, and Five Guy’s once.  Haven’t even been to McDonalds or Burger King in probably 20 years.

If we want a good burger, we travel to Blackout Burger.  They have many standard burgers, or you can customize your own.  

9D743B2A-6D5E-4D01-A1F5-21DB350096F5.thumb.jpeg.8b49589b742cad8416d13abf75dc4a50.jpeg

It also helps that they have a good selection of adult beverages to go with it.

• Like 4