Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

They tried to make a go if it here in RI a few years back, but just couldn’t compete with Dunkin Donuts. 

Same thing in the Boston area.  Crispy Kreme opened two stores, one in Medford near Wellington Station, a really large MBTA station and one on Route 1 in Saugus.  They just couldn't compete with Dunkin'.  They closed a few years ago too.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Woo-hoo! It was only $5.18 a gallon when I filled up a few days ago. The diesel being higher than gas is odd, but Bill said something about it being renewable. Stupid California regulations. :classic_rolleyes:

That's good for your part of the state, I think.  We're usually a little cheaper than you and the cheapest I saw it today was 5.09

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Same thing in the Boston area.  Crispy Kreme opened two stores, one in Medford near Wellington Station, a really large MBTA station and one on Route 1 in Saugus.  They just couldn't compete with Dunkin'.  They closed a few years ago too.  

There's only one near where I live now and I'm not disappointed that it is only one.  I've never understood peoples love for KK.  Their coffee is rubbish.  

Edited by Tree_skier

5 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I haven't heard of this place. Is it nearby? Is it fast casual or table service? Sounds interesting!

All this burger talk made me think of Snuffer's. Have any of the DFW locals eaten there? I prefer their marinated grilled chicken tenders to the burgers, and of course the cheese fries with the addictive ranch dressing. I don't know what they put in the ranch, but I am tempted to drink it out of the little container...

Scotty P's is in Plano, Frisco, Allen and McKinney.  I've seen Snuffer's but never ate there.

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How do you all rack up three pages since I checked this morning. All y'all <---- (how do you like that).... need to go to work.😯😇😊

Coming from a Rhode Island guy, your Southern-ese is quite impressive!

53 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

When my daughter went to the University of Kentucky, I quickly learned that y’all is singular, and all y’all is plural. 

It took me a long time after moving to TX to figure it all out. I always say you all or all of you.  I can't wrap my head around saying y'all (you ALL) to just one person.  I still have a lot of NY in me.  😉

• Like 6

I filled up at Costco Monday, it was $2.94 for unleaded regular 87 octane.  Most of the summer when I was having to fill up the boat it was around $4.  

If you empty the strategic oil reserves before an election even when inflation is 8 or 9% you can lower gas prices.  Refilling it is going to suck.

just sayin

jc<——— economist by education.

• Like 10

58 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Genetics are fascinating.

They are! I especially liked the genetics charts in biostatistics. I was out on a walk, and my neighbors were JUST bringing home their new baby from the hospital. 

I cooed, and said he has the most beautiful blue eyes! They both happen to be black, and she looked at me like I was an idiot, and said, "All babies have blue eyes. " 

I said, Oh. I did not know that. Sorry :classic_blush: We have a very small family. My parents have brown eyes, no chance of blue there. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not necessarily. You need to look back a few generations for some possible recessive genes.

Our youngest daughter has red hair. Neither of us do, nor do any of our parents or any of our siblings. Yet my sister also has a red headed son. There’s a recessive gene in there somewhere. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Mom can only transmit blue genes. If dad's mom truely has blue eyes 50% chance baby will have blue eyes as father has to have a recessive blue gene. If dad's mom has brown eyes it would depend on whether or not dad managed to inherit a recessive blue gene or not from his mother or father. If he did baby gas a 25% chance of blue eyes. If dad doesn't have a recessive blue baby has pretty much a zero chance.

My son's father has dark brown hair and brown/gold hazel eyes.  I have weirdly colored red/blonde/brown hair (literally looks a different color in different lighting) and green/blue hazel eyes.  

When I woke up from the emergency c-section, first thing the ex said was, "He's got red hair and blue eyes!!!"  The hair ended up being a version of blond with reddish and brownish tones, and I kept waiting for the eyes to change color, but two decades later he still has the most gorgeous baby blues.  

My MIL had blue eyes, and the man that I suspect was my father (my birth mother was a bit of a "ho") had blue eyes, so that explains the blues on my boy.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I had to trace back to grandparents on my mother's side and great grandparents on my father's side to to figure out how I got blue eyes. Neither of my parents have blue eyes.

But what about the mailman, the milkman, the UPS man..... 😉

EDIT:  Went and dug up a pic of my kid from over a decade ago... check out those blue eyes and weirdly blond/brown/red hair:

291899_10150280936160208_1471542717_n.jpg

Edited by brillohead
  • Like 14

32 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So how was your time there.  Was the food good?  Did they have Kraken?  

No Kraken so I was a little bummed. They did not have an actual cocktail menu just some cocktails on a board. Pretty straight forward Pina Colada, margaritas, rum punches, daiquiris and beers.

tge food was excellent. Really really good and I loved their tortilla chips.

considering I only counted about 35-40 people, instead of 200 plus at Paradise and Mr Sanchos this was a great deal.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I remember when Krispy Kreme came to the Vancouver area back in early 2000. 

When the Mall of America first opened, Krispy Kreme opened a store there. I think it was the first ones in the state. You could watch the process from beginning to end and get fresh hot donuts. Very long lines. I never had one-they just didn't look "done" to me. They smelled wonderful but I don't eat donuts. 

We don't get to MOA very often even though it's only a few miles from our house. I did notice a few years ago that, alas, they were gone.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Few updated pictures of reno.

Front door is to the right behind the plastic, that little wall jutting out behind the guy on the floor, that wall is being taken out too., Fireplace is behind the plastic wall you see straight ahead in the corner to the left.

The guy on the ladder is taking down the last of the wall that was between Kitchen and Living room, Stove/Range was on that wall and Fridge was on that wall also.

20220921_110715.jpg

When coming in the front door now, you really get the "Wow" factor on how high the ceiling is.

20220921_110821.jpg

This picture was taken from the front door toward the kitchen with the wall gone. New countertop and Gas Range will be along that wall where you see the insulation.  That opening you see below which was a coat closet, will be used for some of our pantry items. We will also have Cabinets for pantry items on the wall you can't see in this picture which will have the Microwave too.

20220921_111534.jpg

This was the wall when coming in the front door to the right, down to the studs, will be removed shortly.

20220921_130107.jpg

Now this was the Old  walk-in Pantry, this wall you see in the doorway and the side of the pantry also will be torn down,  Getting rid of that pantry will allow the fridge to sit  on an angle opening up toward the island.........to the left of the fridge will be a 36 inch  wide cabinet from floor to the same height cabinets are on range wall.

20220921_130140.jpg

Another angle of that walk in pantry that will be torn down

20220921_130123.jpg

20220921_130150.jpg

I'm sneezing just looking at all the dust flying!

This will look so nice when it's done. Can't wait for those pics.

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

My son's father has dark brown hair and brown/gold hazel eyes.  I have weirdly colored red/blonde/brown hair (literally looks a different color in different lighting) and green/blue hazel eyes.  

When I woke up from the emergency c-section, first thing the ex said was, "He's got red hair and blue eyes!!!"  The hair ended up being a version of blond with reddish and brownish tones, and I kept waiting for the eyes to change color, but two decades later he still has the most gorgeous baby blues.  

My MIL had blue eyes, and the man that I suspect was my father (my birth mother was a bit of a "ho") had blue eyes, so that explains the blues on my boy.

But what about the mailman, the milkman, the UPS man..... 😉

EDIT:  Went and dug up a pic of my kid from over a decade ago... check out those blue eyes and weirdly blond/brown/red hair:

291899_10150280936160208_1471542717_n.jpg

He has beautiful blue eyes and hair😀   from the bit of hair in the photo I would call that Dirty Blonde.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He has beautiful blue eyes and hair😀   from the bit of hair in the photo I would call that Dirty Blonde.

His is a lot like mine... in some light it looks blond, in others it looks reddish, and in other settings it looks browner.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

No Kraken so I was a little bummed. They did not have an actual cocktail menu just some cocktails on a board. Pretty straight forward Pina Colada, margaritas, rum punches, daiquiris and beers.

tge food was excellent. Really really good and I loved their tortilla chips.

considering I only counted about 35-40 people, instead of 200 plus at Paradise and Mr Sanchos this was a great deal.

We like Nachi Cocom.  The food is really good.  

• Like 3