Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

Here’s our Christmas tree- every year we think about replacing it, then a cat climbs into it, and we say, “Maybe next year”. Apparently antique ornaments are fashionable now- my tree has my great-grandparent’s, grandparent’s and parent’s ornaments. The cats don’t climb high (now), the bottom is non breakable stuff.

And my oldest son is back from his deployment- the dog will be leaving after Christmas. The cats are thankful! 

12567410-9D8B-47F2-B84F-D8E1681BC66E.jpeg

Glad to hear your son is home safely from his deployment.  Please thank him for his Service for me!🇺🇸

Just in time for Christmas!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Since you mentioned browsers, do you use the Samsung browser at all? I really like it but it has been buggy with Cruise Critic since the upgrade to Android 13 One UI 5.0. I can post but if I try to quote someone as soon as I start typing it highlights the quoted text and the keyboard disappears.😒 Chrome browser works fine but I don't like it as well as the Samsung browser.

Yes, this is the Samsung browser. It works great but my phone is still using Android 13 OneUI 4.1.  I remember you mentioning problems after the upgrade..  I have not had the option to upgrade yet..  Must be a difference between S21 and S22. My last update was September 30.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, derorim said:

Inspired by the Jewelry Tree @Sea Dog shared, I decided to make one using my mother's jewelry.  Here's the finished project.  I'm not sure I will want to take it down when Christmas is over.

image.thumb.jpeg.7e27063791dbbb6f66821f8c1b8afb1c.jpeg

Exquisite!!  I would definitely keep it up all year.  I bet you will find the most perfect spot for it!!

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

One year ago today we lost Bosley, can’t believe a year has gone by.B1DDB84C-1A54-41A3-AD14-2C412E4C7BFB.jpeg.ab19cd3bf7077004a3329b346c2a04ea.jpeg

Wow..it's been a year already?  RIP Bosley.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

MJ, if posting on an iPad can’t you hit quote and then scroll down to choose files?  Photos should pop up.  I agree the kids know so much more!

I will try that....

It worked!

Ihadn’t tried the quote line,just tried to reply from the bottom of the tread page.

Thanks!

MJ🙋🏻

B90D4EF8-0133-4611-99A4-38487ABEFBC1.jpeg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, derorim said:

Inspired by the Jewelry Tree @Sea Dog shared, I decided to make one using my mother's jewelry.  Here's the finished project.  I'm not sure I will want to take it down when Christmas is over.

I missed @Sea Dogone. Yours is beautiful, very clever. I have so much junk jewellery of my mothers which I don't want to throw away.  You've given me ideas now 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

That silly Elf!!!

I hope your granddaughter feels better quickly!

It will be interesting to see where the elf appears each day. 

Dr. says she has strep, but not a highly contagious version.  She was tested for flu, Covid, and RSV also. 

Today was a Christmas luncheon for my old company.  Glad to see the new owners are continuing the tradition.  I had to eat light, since we are meeting friends for dinner tonight. 

Chicken Alfredo for lunch. 

2FE1F100-3216-4A6A-A4E1-6144FD568D5B.thumb.jpeg.a872061cb70bcf5f695e9a4791a6c6f1.jpeg

• Like 9

Lenny

Goto the bottom of the thread page.

You will see a rectangle with    reply to topic - hit that line.

Then you will see    AddFiles - hit that line

Photo choices come up.

Hit photo library. Select photo from there.

Photo will appear on your reply post page.

Hit   submit reply    in the blue box on the lower right of the screen.

Photo should appear on the thread page.

Hope this helps !

MJ🙋🏻

BC1F8E1F-4525-4CC4-9B3F-7BE43A60D3EC.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

It will be interesting to see where the elf appears each day. 

Dr. says she has strep, but not a highly contagious version.  She was tested for flu, Covid, and RSV also. 

There is so much stuff going around.  Our grandson had Covid over a week ago.  He was really down for the count!  Hopefully your granddaughter's meds will have her feeling better in no time.  Sore throats are miserable!

Our grandchildren's elves have been very mischievous in the past!!!😉

• Like 3

4 hours ago, derorim said:

Very nice!   I'm not crafty but I may have to try this with some of my Nana and Moms jewelry.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny- You mentioned about trying to post a photo from your iPhone to CC.

I have two suggestions-

Perhaps your granddaughter can help you with it when she gets home from college?

The younger ones keep us going with the tech stuff,for sure.

The other is I will try to post from my iPhone and then post you the steps.

Hoping to help- 

MJ🙋🏻

Thanks,MJ.I appreciate your help.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny- I hit a glitch posting a photo! I have them on the iPhone but can’t get it to transfer to CC.

It may be CC or me,but I have done this before.

I can try later or ,as I wrote before,maybe your granddaughter can help you when she gets home. That way,you can see what she is doing or,she can walk you through posting with your devices.

Wish I could help!

MJ🙋🏻

My thinking is that one of the so many people who post photos on this thread could tell me how to do it.Thanks for trying.

• Like 1

In the past I shared with you when my DHs uncle died we inherited a hoarded house. My DHs mom who past a way a few years earlier was the same. We were not permitted to go through and de clutter her house  per uncle Jacks wishes. ( they lived in attached side by side duplex. 4,000 square feet of memories). 

They never spent change. 
Our best friend owns a vending company and with it a large coin counter machine. Like the banks. 

After all was said and done we had him count all the half dollars, quarters, nickels and pennies.  Let’s just say it was significant. 

I do not know why but I saved 5  one gallon milk jugs of dimes. Used them as games at showers. ( guess how many) in a specific one. 
I kept the dimes and gave out other prizes. 

So having left over dimes. 
I decided to start a piggy bank for grand daughter to be. 

Now. I decided to use something besides a pig. 

YUP.   Took many a dime to fill. 

Oh. The “Z” is her first initial of her name to be. 

Dimes came in handy. 

D153F856-D559-4342-9BE4-F7A81B581CB2.thumb.jpeg.8e037f47939595456ac4c2fd29e8e7d6.jpeg

😃

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes, this is the Samsung browser. It works great but my phone is still using Android 13 OneUI 4.1.  I remember you mentioning problems after the upgrade..  I have not had the option to upgrade yet..  Must be a difference between S21 and S22. My last update was September 30.

I also have problems with a messaging app that is used to communicate within the high school football team. Instead of using the app I have to log in through a website page. Everything worked fine with One UI 4.1.😑

• Like 1