Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Depending on her schedule. Stanford also has free shuttle buses from the East Bay over to the campus and medical center. Just a thought. https://transportation.stanford.edu/marguerite/eb And people she works with might have other suggestions, once she arrives. ☺️ Housing here is really expensive. 

She is moving from the Gold Coast in Chicago so she is used to high prices but this overly protective, nervous mom is not! I'm flying out with her about a week before she starts work so that will give us time to look around. Thanks.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

My daughter is a travel nurse and starts a new contract on Jan 2. She will be in Palo Alto CA at Stanford Medical and there aren't very many Airbnb close to the hospital. Can any recommend any nice, safe cities that are near there? She doesn't have a car so she will be using Uber. Thanks!

How long is she staying there and what is her budget?

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

When my son and his wife did their Post-docs at Stanford, they had an apartment in Sunnyvale, not far from the Caltrain station.   From what I recall, that wasn’t a bad area.  I know housing is very expensive in that area.  She could expand her search, if she looks at areas that have train service.  That is probably less than Uber.  I think the train from Sunnyvale to Stanford is around $3-$4 for a 20 minute ride.

I'll tell her to look in Sunnyvale. It sounds familiar to me but we left the area 30 years ago. Thanks!

• Like 1

Daily elf sighting.  It appears the elf likes a nice beach vacation. 

FFC880A8-760B-4777-A5C5-3F77F5D62936.thumb.jpeg.8634d8d1bf3a66c0a95991798bce9b3d.jpeg

I am not sure who that is, trying to get some sun, but she is eyeing him up. 

Also had a Ricky sighting. 

3AA5FEDB-69D7-41A4-8E5E-76ADF974C10A.thumb.jpeg.5c2c59c53bb493d2c87c5a82e53564f9.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 19

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I tried to get Leonard to come outside & play in the snow for some pics but my Texas-imported feline would not have anything to do with snow or the 28 degree (feels like 23) weather. 

So instead, here he is waiting for the bathtub to fill up with water.  Don't cats hate water? 

20221016_170102.thumb.jpg.368ef606b3fae96e0409484558e6c75e.jpg

It may just be the name .The last time I was in a bathtub was 1967.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you @aussielozzie18for your kind words 

I had my operation just over 2 hours ago at 10.45am UK time.

It is -2°C here and I had 4 inches of snow to clear off my car at 07.00am when I took Pauline to work.

Looking forward to you posting good results from your procedure.

We had snow here overnight.Toby was out early to clean off her car as she had to bring her car in for service.

It is 33 degrees here now but quite sunny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My father was born on this date 127 years ago.Can you imagine life in 1895 ? There were no in home radios,no TV’s ,no electrical appliances.

My grandkids cannot understand how I lived without TV or a telephone till 1952.

I heard many of those stories.  My grandfather was born in 1885, and his dad was born in 1825

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I heard many of those stories.  My grandfather was born in 1885, and his dad was born in 1825

My grandparents died before I was born.My father was the youngest of 15 .I only knew 2 ,a sister and a brother.My father did not have a formal education.When he came to the US in 1913 he worked in a factory.He self educated as did my mother.When my father retired in 1961 he was President of a division of one of the largest Labor Unions in the US.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog Here is a sample of the 360 camera.   I was surprised how well the volume picked up.  This is zoomed in a lot so the quality could be better. 

This is cut from the same filming just framed a different area.

Oh my goodness....the way Kenzie kept backing up when she heard/saw Santa and then went into the other room...💕

19 hours ago, derorim said:

I love Santa's southern accent 🙂 

I told Jim I'd never heard Santa talk with his Southern accent before!  😉

18 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sounds like y'all don't know where Santa is originally from. 😂

LOL, John!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My father was born on this date 127 years ago.Can you imagine life in 1895 ? There were no in home radios,no TV’s ,no electrical appliances.

My grandkids cannot understand how I lived without TV or a telephone till 1952.

Your father shares his birthday with my grandmother. She was born 12.12.12

• Like 4

17 hours ago, helen haywood said:

The cats have actually fought over taking turns in a carrier!!!

843CC6DC-394C-4BF2-B144-A6B678AAB371.thumb.jpeg.973bd111442f2ef1c3a628039fc94aa1.jpeg

4A101590-11B6-441F-8F5F-86AF025E8A36.thumb.jpeg.7236cd1512210831518c3612dcf0e521.jpeg

All that worry about their travels, and look how they responded!!  I'm glad it's worked out for your trip!

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I cannot recall if I shared Santa photos.  Santa and his elves passed thru 270 then the esplanade with a group playing trumpets.

20221209_123053.thumb.jpg.c21f90b1c2ed1f390329ae40de03b8cb.jpg20221209_123046.thumb.jpg.fd161baf9cf386e414ea0b1955bbbf6f.jpg20221209_123108.thumb.jpg.2b1be5395989ba0ff6ba3f7abf958526.jpg

Thank you for sharing all the holiday pictures on the ship, Debbie!  I'd love to go on a cruise during the Christmas Season!  How are you and Eric doing?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you @aussielozzie18for your kind words 

I had my operation just over 2 hours ago at 10.45am UK time.

It is -2°C here and I had 4 inches of snow to clear off my car at 07.00am when I took Pauline to work.

I sure hope you are feeling well after your operation today, Graham!

4 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

She is moving from the Gold Coast in Chicago so she is used to high prices but this overly protective, nervous mom is not! I'm flying out with her about a week before she starts work so that will give us time to look around. Thanks.

Best of luck to your daughter as she relocates to her new job in California!

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

To all of the posters here- wishing everyone a pleasant day.

MJ🙋🏻

Wishing a pleasant day to you as well, MJ!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

He is so nice and fluffy.  Does he play with the water when the tub is full or just watch?

He's definitely bulking up for the cold weather, putting on a winter coat.  From certain angles, he looks like a little lion with his lion mane.

Mostly just watches the water but once in awhile will dip his paw into the water, then lick his paw.  He does the same with his water bowl occasionally, dipping his paw in & licking it. Repeatedly. Like 10-15 times.  I wonder if that's his way of showing distaste for tap water??  We have a community well that serves out little neighborhood of 80 homes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1