Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Even though it's been a few years for me, I'm going to guess, in the order that you posted the pictures, that these routines were lyrical, ballet, jazz, and hip hop.

Right, you are.  We bought all her costumes this year, so I know how much they are.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My town in North Texas dodged a tornado bullet with one touching down approx. 40 miles from where we live, killing 5, injuring dozens.   I understand it passed right over us.  Shudder.

Temps will be high 90s today.  And so summer begins.......sigh.

• Like 13

38 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My town in North Texas dodged a tornado bullet with one touching down approx. 40 miles from where we live, killing 5, injuring dozens.   I understand it passed right over us.  Shudder.

Temps will be high 90s today.  And so summer begins.......sigh.

Heavy thunderstorms came through Kansas City last night. I was worried as the sound of that wind had that classic “freight train” sound. I watched as the trees were swaying pretty good. Luckily outside of a lot of little limbs and leaves we were unscathed. 

• Like 12

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Last night’s recital was great, but with a total of 44 numbers performed, it was a little long.   Granddaughter knew all her dances and performed well.  

Costumes from her first performance. 

IMG_1192.thumb.jpeg.c72c1204c6adebe3f3ab54c36f5150a1.jpeg

The second

IMG_1196.thumb.jpeg.272d45e4f19f419f05add8dbc68dcfee.jpeg

The third

IMG_1202.thumb.jpeg.6f7e0c0a4965099b65d8c07ee3bbbf1c.jpeg

And from her fourth and final 

IMG_1204.thumb.jpeg.5a7556c54e76659e8170db3c4a14f498.jpeg

Me, I am looking at all the costumes purchased for these girls, and I am calculating how many nice cruises that would have bought.  

Most of the dance groups probably had between 15 and 20, but the finale had to have more than 50.  

That looks so 😎 and fun!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

@dani negreanuI haven’t been here  in a long time for various reasons, but had to come today to say how sorry your national nightmare is continuing and you had the sounds of rockets and air raid alarms in Tel Aviv. 
It just goes on and on, big conflicts that destroy hundreds of lives at a time, and small ones that destroy families. 
I had a very bad fall and fractured my femur as well as breaking off pieces of it. 
my surgery was May 15, just 11 days after my granddaughter’s wedding. 
I am so grateful I was able to be healthy for the wedding. 
I am not allowed to put my right foot on the floor for a minimum of 3 months. 
my left leg won’t hold me up, 

so they’re working on strengthening it. 
With not  much luck so far. 
Getting me into a wheelchair requires a sling and lifting machine. 
very painful. 
I don’t know what my future holds, or what will happen when I leave the rehab hospital. 
But I am grateful for the physical and mental safety for my family. 
I hope and pray for the same in the future for the rest of the world. 

Sorry that you had a bad fall.  We all encounter various trials.   Sounds like you have a great attitude. Praying for you and your family. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

@dani negreanuI haven’t been here  in a long time for various reasons, but had to come today to say how sorry your national nightmare is continuing and you had the sounds of rockets and air raid alarms in Tel Aviv. 
It just goes on and on, big conflicts that destroy hundreds of lives at a time, and small ones that destroy families. 
I had a very bad fall and fractured my femur as well as breaking off pieces of it. 

very painful. 
I don’t know what my future holds, or what will happen when I leave the rehab hospital. 

Sorry to hear about your fall.Best wishes for a complete recovery.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I've just finished posting here when the air raid alarm was sound.... again. I couldn't believe my ears and had a hard time convincing DH that it is a "real" one and we should rush to the shelter.

It doesn't end. So many casualties on both sides and, after almost 8 months of war, we're back to square one 😢

Dani, I never thought this war would go this long!  We will continue praying for you, your DH and family.   The strength you show is so encouraging! Hang in there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Dani, I never thought this war would go this long!  We will continue praying for you, your DH and family.   The strength you show is so encouraging! Hang in there.

John, you're huge inspiration for me 🌺

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

very painful. 

I’m so sorry to hear about your fall. It’s only been about 10 days, so hopefully your leg will strengthen enough to hold you.

Sending you a very gentle hug!

Sharon and I made enough dough yesterday for 9 pizzas.   We made 8.  Here are 6 of the dough balls 😋 

20240526_124619.thumb.jpg.e28c2b13424f98b2ada28e934a2a27e2.jpg

2 cheese pizzas went quick to the kids.  Next was a pesto pizza.  I started eating it then realized I didn't take a picture 🙃   The green pieces on top is garlic scapes!  It was so good we made another pesto pizza!

20240526_125919.thumb.jpg.4e14261b8592187653ee8fc3be335d5e.jpg

This pizza had roasted tomatoes, pepperoni, and orange bell peppers. 

20240526_131528.thumb.jpg.b2e6cb70823baf8ed8f4d22d36eb2b36.jpg

• Like 23

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon and I made enough dough yesterday for 9 pizzas.   We made 8.  Here are 6 of the dough balls 😋 

20240526_124619.thumb.jpg.e28c2b13424f98b2ada28e934a2a27e2.jpg

2 cheese pizzas went quick to the kids.  Next was a pesto pizza.  I started eating it then realized I didn't take a picture 🙃   The green pieces on top is garlic scapes!  It was so good we made another pesto pizza!

20240526_125919.thumb.jpg.4e14261b8592187653ee8fc3be335d5e.jpg

This pizza had roasted tomatoes, pepperoni, and orange bell peppers. 

20240526_131528.thumb.jpg.b2e6cb70823baf8ed8f4d22d36eb2b36.jpg

John - You may have mentioned it earlier and I missed it, but how do you cook your pizzas? Do you have a pizza oven?  You're making me hungry for pizza tonight. 😁

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

@dani negreanu your husband’s new creation looks fabulous! Is that grilled eggplant served with it? 

Sigh. I’m eating a post hernia diet, which is pretty boring. Everything a actually want to eat is on the forbidden list!

I had umbilical hernia surgery almost 3 months ago and truthfully I don't recall being on a post hernia diet.  I had enough pain the first 3-4 days post surgery that my appetite was next to nothing.  Everyone recovers differently and I hope yours is less painful than mine.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had umbilical hernia surgery almost 3 months ago and truthfully I don't recall being on a post hernia diet.  I had enough pain the first 3-4 days post surgery that my appetite was next to nothing.  Everyone recovers differently and I hope yours is less painful than mine.  

My surgeon pulled my stomach back below my diaphragm and did a fold so it remained in place. Probably the diet is to make sure that no seeds or bits of vegetables get stuck in where it’s healing.

Mine was laparoscopic, so I’m feeling fine now!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

My surgeon pulled my stomach back below my diaphragm and did a fold so it remained in place. Probably the diet is to make sure that no seeds or bits of vegetables get stuck in where it’s healing.

Mine was laparoscopic, so I’m feeling fine now!

Your surgery sounds more intense than mine although mine was not laparoscopic.  Glad you're feeling better!

• Thanks 1