Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are cruising out of Galveston in January.  We got an OK price on flights.   Not great but not bad.  Surprised me.  We considered driving.

How far is drive for you since you are south of us? It took us 12 hours but it was not bad at all.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If anyone is looking for a holiday cocktail.   I enjoyed two of these on our cruise last week.   IMO, much better than a mimosa.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/poinsettia-cocktail-recipe-759772

Looks good. I am going to try it. Can't decide for orange liqueur to use Grand Marnier or Cointreau?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If anyone is looking for a holiday cocktail.   I enjoyed two of these on our cruise last week.   IMO, much better than a mimosa.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/poinsettia-cocktail-recipe-759772

My mom first had a poinsettia at Harrahs in 1992, we have been making them ever since.  Sadly, she is gone but her memory will never be gone.  Thirty years ago on the 16th my dad died so Christmas has never been the same.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

How far is drive for you since you are south of us? It took us 12 hours but it was not bad at all.

I thought this was the trip you fell.... BTW, are you doing better now?

It says it would be a 9 hrs drive but that is without stopping. Also add the cost of parking.   I was tempted to drive but it's a 4 person decision. Besides, we enjoy flying. 

With that said we have been talking about taking a road trip to visit Boston and area.  We would take several stops on the way there and back.

• Like 4

We had a torrential windy downpour plus a tornado warning not long ago.  Not a watch, a warning.  Went into our bathroom, the only interior room with no windows.  Tornado siren didn't last long and now it's clear and sunny!  That's Texas weather.

@George C and @TravelGirlinDallasBethany live in my county.  Hope you're all ok.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, they offer one way flights too.    If you ever do a crossing their fares are usually very good for one way flights (or used to be). 

I'm going to price them up for our repositioning cruise on Serenade next September. 

We just checked out A2S prices. 😳 A roundtrip $1,850 each!  I am feeling much better about our cost. We are breaking it up some.  We will 1st fly to LA and spend the night and leave the next morning.   We will arrive in Hawaii Sunday and cruise Tuesday at 9pm.  Now that we are doing a deeper dive we are finding decent prices flying to Hawaii.   Looks like the cost of flights plus hotels will beat A2S same day price.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We had a torrential windy downpour plus a tornado warning not long ago.  Not a watch, a warning.  Went into our bathroom, the only interior room with no windows.  Tornado siren didn't last long and now it's clear and sunny!  That's Texas weather.

@George C and @TravelGirlinDallasBethany live in my county.  Hope you're all ok.

Thanks for thinking of me! Our house is OK, Andrew's school was sheltering in place shortly after he arrived, but they are OK now. I'm at work in Tarrant county (20 miles from where I live) and it was bad over here, but our offices are fine. However, a Sam's club 5 miles from here was damaged pretty badly by a tornado, so it was close!

• Like 10

@ReneeFLL

My friend has very nice orchids and I've thought about you 😘

image.thumb.jpeg.bd4423d53b631f3080fecee850bf6fab.jpeg

This morning I've met again our group of HS friends. At the last moment, one of them had a fire at her house. All is well, besides their master bedroom [2nd floor] and roof above, totally burnt, they have no clothes for now....

Luckily, she was still home, having coffee with her hubby, before leaving for our meeting, when they noticed a strange smell, followed closely by small explosions. Turns out that their TV's wall socket was faulty, over heated, and, from the heat, the deodorants which were nearby on the vanity table, exploded....

That's the table set for 5, and then there were 4... 😪

image.thumb.jpeg.b85432d21c14e8317e318e20f6baf0cc.jpeg

... and us, with the dessert and fruits.

image.thumb.jpeg.058cc1986c06e9e8ee30589594f897ee.jpeg

Our hostess has very green fingers, that's the wall on her balcony [beautiful weather, no snow] ---

image.thumb.jpeg.18512a93ecceae5cead97042f90efde1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5760cd9968e62da34d6dfe2045951640.jpeg

• Like 28

49 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thanks for thinking of me! Our house is OK, Andrew's school was sheltering in place shortly after he arrived, but they are OK now. I'm at work in Tarrant county (20 miles from where I live) and it was bad over here, but our offices are fine. However, a Sam's club 5 miles from here was damaged pretty badly by a tornado, so it was close!

Glad all is well.  I hope Andrew wasn't too frightened at school sheltering in place.  Since we moved to TX in 2003, it seems more tornadoes hit Tarrant County than where we live.

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@ReneeFLL

This morning I've met again our group of HS friends. At the last moment, one of them had a fire at her house. All is well, besides their master bedroom [2nd floor] and roof above, totally burnt, they have no clothes for now....

Luckily, she was still home, having coffee with her hubby, before leaving for our meeting, when they noticed a strange smell, followed closely by small explosions. Turns out that their TV's wall socket was faulty, over heated, and, from the heat, the deodorants which were nearby on the vanity table, exploded....

Our hostess has very green fingers, that's the wall on her balcony [beautiful weather, no snow] ---

Beautiful orchids, beautiful balcony, beautiful women, yummy food.

Fires are scary and the important thing is that your friend and her husband are ok.  Will they be able to remain home during renovations?  Seems like a shopping spree is in the works.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

She is over the hill.

That means that she will need more frequent medical attention.  Does she need a personal physician?  Might be good travel opportunities.  Not sure if being on call would be better or worse.  She doesn't seem like the needy, hypochondriac type.

• Haha 11

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Take care and stay safe Bethany,Andrew and your DH.

Graham.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My mom first had a poinsettia at Harrahs in 1992, we have been making them ever since.  Sadly, she is gone but her memory will never be gone.  Thirty years ago on the 16th my dad died so Christmas has never been the same.

So sorry, Marietta.  It's so sad when or loved ones pass, exaggerated more so during the Holidays.❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I thought this was the trip you fell.... BTW, are you doing better now?

It says it would be a 9 hrs drive but that is without stopping. Also add the cost of parking.   I was tempted to drive but it's a 4 person decision. Besides, we enjoy flying. 

With that said we have been talking about taking a road trip to visit Boston and area.  We would take several stops on the way there and back.

Yes that was the infamous separated shoulder and fracture cruise I'm better. It aches from time to time. I have to be careful about movement sometimes but I'm improving. I think our parking was $120 and I think we had about 4 stops for gas going down.

• Like 3

@dani negreanuHow awful for your dear friend's house fire.  Luckily she and her husband were home and able to escape.  My friends and I were just talking about house fires caused by dryers, toasters, coffee pots, etc.

It looks like you had a wonderful time with your friends for lunch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thankful that you all are safe. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes that was the infamous separated shoulder and fracture cruise I'm better. It aches from time to time. I have to be careful about movement sometimes but I'm improving. I think our parking was $120 and I think we had about 4 stops for gas going down.

I'm glad that it's healed.  It may be one of those injuries that once healed let's you know when the weather changes.

$120 is not bad.  Once you add the cost of gas at least one flight was paid for.  

And if we were to drive we would miss the suspense of flight cancelations.  😆 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I'm glad that it's healed.  It may be one of those injuries that once healed let's you know when the weather changes.

$120 is not bad.  Once you add the cost of gas at least one flight was paid for.  

And if we were to drive we would miss the suspense of flight cancelations.  😆 

I'm not sure if we will drive again. 12 hours is a long time where as a couple of hours is nicer, not to mention dealing with traffic through Dallas and Houston.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@ReneeFLL

🙏 that all goes well for your friend's recovery from the fire.

I bet it is great getting together with your friends. 

Being one who loves gardening, the balcony looks great!  She certainly has "green fingers".  👍 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

That means that she will need more frequent medical attention.  Does she need a personal physician?  Might be good travel opportunities.  Not sure if being on call would be better or worse.  She doesn't seem like the needy, hypochondriac type.

I don't know, she looks a bit imaciated to me.

• Haha 4

Dani - Great that you get together with HS friends.I have three friends from HS also and we are very close- sisters,really ,as none of us have sisters,but they have brothers.

Sad to hear about your friend’s fire. Luckily,they were safe from it.

Clothes can be replaced,people,not so much.

Your friend’s balcony reminds me of a garden wall that is in a lobby of one of our favorite hotels in Jensen Beach,FL.

I will attempt to include some photos of it.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

D56A4CE0-CA43-4B4C-9836-5EEAF50BC10B.jpeg

0D0FD01D-BFA9-4E9C-883E-5BB8D09DEDD7.jpeg

20738989-4C87-4B22-93E0-C67C85B0E7A8.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1