Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I was happy to see the Social Security increase but I think we are about to spend it all.  We booked the May Hawaii cruise on Ovation.   The cost of flying to Hawaii and then flying back from Vancouver is crazy high.  Last May we had the Hawaii cruise booked but it was canceled.   That is when we decided to do the Alaska cruise.  I hope it all works out this time. 

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was happy to see the Social Security increase but I think we are about to spend it all.  We booked the May Hawaii cruise on Ovation.   The cost of flying to Hawaii and then flying back from Vancouver is crazy high.  Last May we had the Hawaii cruise booked but it was canceled.   That is when we decided to do the Alaska cruise.  I hope it all works out this time. 

Cost of flying is ridiculous, because of my height and bad knees we always fly first and that is doubled in last few years . One of our cruises next year is from Texas which will save us a lot even if we fly , flight to NYC or Florida is 3k each round trip. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We also had Conga for Kids on board.  Buy a t-shirt for $20 with all funds going to a Children’s hospital in Queensland.  
Told DD I was doing this.  She wasnt interested but was happy for me to buy her a t-shirt.

At midday, I sent her a msg and said the Conga line is about to start.  She said Omg you are doing a Conga line?  (She thought it was just buying a t-shirt) She left her pool deck and came down to the main pool deck to not only film me in a conga line but then we all did the Macarena.  Again seeing middle aged mum doing the Macarena in public had her stitches.  Then she uploaded the video to her friends group and they loved it 😀

My kids are always surprised by the things their Dad  and I do on vacation, it’s like they didn’t know we’re fun!  If they only knew some of the things we did in our younger days 😱!!

• Haha 12

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Being on call is the story of my life. I can't count how many family activities, dinners, sleeps, etc., were interrupted or missed all together.

My niece,the MD always says that .However,I believe it is likely that you have the same feeling as she does about becoming a doctor to help people and when you do the negatives are forgotten.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My kids are always surprised by the things their Dad  and I do on vacation, it’s like they didn’t know we’re fun!  If they only knew some of the things we did in our younger days 😱!!

Brian and I were in the end-of-cruise video footage from the 70’s party. They showed the video (which included all of the activities during the cruise) in the main theater on the last night of the cruise. When Andrew saw footage of us dancing on the giant screen, he wanted.to.die. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Cold down here in the South as well. First fall of snow last night.  Gary often takes pics of molly the Collie 'hiding' in the woods and posts 'where's molly' pics on our local village fb page. 

Heres one of the pics 

Can you spot Molly ?

IMG-20221212-WA0007.thumb.jpg.3ccde8ea3eac51c92fdd29657f0f3be1.jpg

So cute.  Should be a where’s Molly book with illustrations from your village.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Have you checked out airfare with air2sea?   I haven't heard any talk of them on other threads but they used to have some decent fares.

• Like 1