Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last week Finnley turned 4 months old and had her 4 months check-up.  She measured 27 inches which puts her in the 99 percentile.   Looks like we'll have a basketball player in the future. 

IMG_3724.thumb.jpeg.4dfe2986d2ccdc5577b2df4cbb3fb9d7.jpeg

The little mermaid 

IMG_3712.thumb.jpeg.bc922afd5bdc24e5d3d0f8a41c67c1e1.jpeg

And she helped decorate the tree.IMG_8042.thumb.JPG.b9cebcf7ddd18c5c1a8b6b8519b48bbd.JPG

IMG_8050.thumb.JPG.8f0c308b11eed14585010e6690e202bd.JPG

IMG_8059.thumb.JPG.e282fa880e51b70695988a5c5f8ac392.JPG

PRECIOUS!!!!!❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So, adding to the what else can go wrong story.  

Found out yesterday that our CA grandson has the flu.  High temp and other symptoms.  And, of course there is a nationwide shortage of Children’s Tylenol.  Daughter-in-law was able to find the last bottle of a generic brand, out of dozens of stores she checked in the Bay Area.  I know we have a shortage here, but we did get a bottle when granddaughter was sick. Hopefully he will be over it by the time they fly to meet us.  

Next, Ricky was playing with a door this morning, and managed to get his paw stuck and injured it.  So he has been limping around, and is off to the Vet soon to get checked out. 

Just more things to put stress on Christmas travel plans.  

Yes, the stress of Christmas travel plans...like there's not enough stress during the Christmas holidays.  I sure hope your CA grandson recovers quickly and that your son and DIL don't also come down with the Flu.

Hoping Ricky's paw is okay

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

We also loved Ratner's.  Their mushroom barley soup, blintzes and baked goods were legendary although my favorite place for rugelach was Gertel's on Hester Street near Guss pickles.

My favorite place for rugelach was the Brooklyn bakery where Toby’s mother worked.

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I was on a kick of printing photos since the start of the pandemic. Figured I’d have lots of time to put them into albums; nearly 3 years later and all I have is boxes of prints!

I hope your grandson is better soon. My two granddaughters are just recovering from an ear infection-and resulting search for a pharmacy with Amoxicillin in stock (another shortage). The other one had flu-like symptoms, fever, etc for 3 days with negative C19 & flu tests.  She finally turned the corner in day 4. 

What a wonderful gesture.  There is kindness in the world. 

Deb, I have so many boxes of pictures.  We all have such good intentions of placing them in albums!

Glad to hear your granddaughters are on the road to recovery.  Our grandson just went back to school this week after being absent for all of last week.

Your Christmas Eve dinner looks scrumptious!  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes Millie.  That was their "baby" before Finnley.  They love them both.

Here is the Christmas card we got of Kenzie and kids. It was taken at Lakeside this last summer. 

image.thumb.png.70cbf56b630f03eabed4dd03411fd9d1.png

Here's Kenzie dancing in her sister's boots.

image.thumb.png.0fde51e750ad8d30026f0208639ef7be.png

Love love love all your Grandbabies.   Beautiful Christmas card with all the big smiles and the flowers in background.

Kenzie is too cute❤

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Okay Kracken fans. I’m trying out 3 cocktails, trying to decide which one to serve Christmas Eve.  Tonight is experiment #1, the Fig Dark & Stormy.  I’m giving it 4 out of 5 stars.  
94CD26B6-8019-45D4-8FB7-B83EE3203F2D.thumb.jpeg.9eb3c9768b02f2a26268d503387bc957.jpeg

I did all my grocery shopping today for our holiday meal.  I host Christmas Eve and middle DD hosts a Christmas Day brunch.  It’s Andy & I, youngest DD, middle DD, SIL, 2 granddaughters and my aunt.  Our menu is:

Roasted Shrimp Cocktail 

Charcuterie Board

Prime Rib of Beef with gravy

Mashed Potatoes 

Roasted Green Beans 

Carrots Au Gratin

Gingerbread Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

Leftover beef is used to make prime rib hash for the Christmas Day brunch

We’ll all travel to PA for New Years weekend to celebrate “2nd Christmas” with our oldest DD and her family.  We always look forward to having the whole family together even though it’ll be mostly chaos!

Your menu sounds fabulous  ❣️

I maybe a little late as traffic has been horrible this week😁

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The starving crew thread got shut down.

That's a darn shame. I was just about to reach into my bag of snarky, er, I mean witty one-liners and was about to join the party. 😀

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 13

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I maybe a little late as traffic has been horrible this week😁

When I used to drive all day for work, it seemed that the traffic would get worse and worse until the lead up to Christmas. And then the few weeks before the holiday would be absolutely awful. And then it would slowly diminish a bit over the next few months until the joy of school summer vacation. And then it would start building up again in September. The SF Bay Area has bad traffic all year, but there are definitely peaks and lulls. 😄

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The starving crew thread got shut down.

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

That's a darn shame. I was just about to reach into my bag of snarky, er, I mean witty one-liners and was about to join the party. 😀

There is a new thread with an opposing view and title.

• Thanks 2

After happily doing all the finishing shopping errands today so Christina and Brandon can just relax when they get home.. The weather was sunny but only got into the 30s. The wind is what got me. 

So I did the best I could. Picked up carry out and went to see Christi, Brandon and hold Zoey. 

Why  would I think to re do my hair for the first picture. Anyway. It was awesome, holding such a precious gift. 
Wow factor. 
Leaving tomorrow once I start their dinner to get home. 

We will back to celebrate Christmas Day and stay a few days. 

19E68548-4193-41CB-A0B9-D5BCFB7AD143.thumb.jpeg.3e1636a2108784f374647a8c354cfdc3.jpeg

❤️

• Like 30