Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

For the last few days, I've been "busy"...

With our golden wedding anniversary "looming" in less than 2 weeks, as a "preventive" measure, we decided to tell the boys what we'd like as a gift....

First, it was decided that DH will get to choose, since he does all the cooking  ("accidentally" it's his birthday too....).

He wanted a new food processor, since our Magimix is more than 40 years old. He researched and researched, and, in the end, we actually went to a shop to see the "candidate"... Good idea, since he decided he doesn't need one so big, with so many "functions".

So the "ball" was thrown to me, even if I'm "responsible" only for the desserts -- my Kenwood mixer is even more older than the Magimix...

My head started to spin ... so many choices, so many power watts, prices, weight [very important, since I have to take it from the cupboard] ,motor at the bottom/head, etc. First the choice was between same old, Kenwood, and the not so new "kid in town" -- KitchenAid. Then, on reading the "best stand mixers for 2023", a new contender caught my eye - Cuisinart....

On and on I read and researched, with the boys urging me to decide, in order that the gift will arrive on time ...

Yesterday night, finally, the die has been cast... The same old, with the new design. Heavy, but they all are....

Wish me luck in the new endeavor ☹️

• Like 30

12 minutes ago, George C said:

More great news on Buffalo Bills Damar Hamlin , they have taking out his breathing tube and he is now talking 😁😁😁

He just face timed his teammates  and said to them " Love you Boys !"

• Like 10

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

With our golden wedding anniversary "looming" in less than 2 weeks, as a "preventive" measure, we decided to tell the boys what we'd like as a gift....

First, it was decided that DH will get to choose, since he does all the cooking  ("accidentally" it's his birthday too....).

He wanted a new food processor, since our Magimix is more than 40 years old. He researched and researched, and, in the end, we actually went to a shop to see the "candidate"... Good idea, since he decided he doesn't need one so big, with so many "functions".

So the "ball" was thrown to me, even if I'm "responsible" only for the desserts -- my Kenwood mixer is even more older than the Magimix...

My head started to spin ... so many choices, so many power watts, prices, weight [very important, since I have to take it from the cupboard] ,motor at the bottom/head, etc. First the choice was between same old, Kenwood, and the not so new "kid in town" -- KitchenAid. Then, on reading the "best stand mixers for 2023", a new contender caught my eye - Cuisinart....

On and on I read and researched, with the boys urging me to decide, in order that the gift will arrive on time ...

Yesterday night, finally, the die has been cast... The same old, with the new design. Heavy, but they all are....

Dani, to you and your DH, Happy Anniversary in less than 2 weeks,  and a Happy Birthday to your chef.  "Ahd 120"  Until 120 in good health and much happiness.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.

Pauline has been shopping at our local retail outlet with her best friend so I have had a lazy day catching up on paperwork.

Tomorrow would have been my late mam and dad's 73rd wedding anniversary.

I wish everyone a lovely day and weekend.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@dani negreanu So much choice in appliances these days.  Can appreciate all the research.  Hope you share some photos of the dishes you and DH make with your Anniversary gifts going forward.

Congratulations in advance to you both for your 50th Wedding Anniversary.  

+1.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That is quite a milestone Dani!  Do you have any special plans to celebrate - a dinner out somewhere or a little getaway? 

26 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Do you have any special plans to celebrate - a dinner out somewhere or a little getaway? 

Thank you, Deb.

Now, that I've finished with the "gift", we're looking both at a dinner out with friends with whom we're together from the very beginning, also a short getaway to either Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.

The boys and our DIL, have already booked a nice and affordable restaurant, not far from our in-laws, who have been "volunteered" to baby-sit on the Friday night, after our "real" anniversary, which falls on the middle of the week.

Jerusalem is more special, with some historic and very expensive hotels, but it's also much colder than Tel Aviv, weather wise.

• Like 20

On 1/3/2023 at 8:27 AM, ownedbypets said:

I just got back from a very busy, 4 day, trip to CA. Our daughters move went well. She and her cat are living in a gorgeous airbnb in downtown Mountain View with access to caltrain and the bus so she does have options to get to Stanford. We knew her commute wouldn't be quick but it's not as bad as we thought. She is taking an Uber today.

The weather was cold and rainy but we were determined to have one fun day after all of the packing and shopping was done. We went to Pier 39 and has as much fun as possible while shivering and soaking wet.

My husband and I lived in the East bay in 1989  so when we drove under the Bay Bridge it brought back earthquake memories.

Charlotte has lived away from us for 5 years and has traveled the world but this is the first time she has ever really been on her own. She knows no one near so that resulted in a lot of tears when it was time to say goodbye. Hopefully 13 weeks will fly by!

I remember someone posting about a can opener, in a rental, a while back so that was the first thing I looked for and smiled when I found it. It's the small things.

Glad she found a great place to live. The Bay Bridge collapse was very sad.

On 1/3/2023 at 3:29 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Has anyone ever tried a vegetable called kohlrabi?  I am planning what I want to grow this year and it caught my attention.   Here is what it looks like.

D2-14.thumb.jpg.b9fc8c6421d097b65ac61a85a881e6c9.jpg

Love the purple color. Growing up friends had a farm and they grew the green kind. I love them raw.

• Like 4

We’ve had a week of absolutely dismal weather. Rainy, drizzly and foggy.  At least the temperatures haven’t been too bad so I guess I shouldn’t complain (even though I am).  It did allow me to get all the inside Christmas decorations taken down and put away. I also started taking out some clothes for our cruise at the end of this month.  At this point it’s just what I “might” bring. I can’t really narrow it down until I have a better idea of the weather, especially for the two days prior in Miami.  Plus we’re flying this trip so I have to be a little more disciplined with packing.  
So far, so good with dry January.  Tonight I’m trying a mocktail.  Pomegranate juice, fresh lime juice and Pelegríno water. I’m going to put it in a martini glass and pretend it’s a Cosmo.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Tonight I’m trying a mocktail.  Pomegranate juice, fresh lime juice and Pelegríno water. I’m going to put it in a martini glass and pretend it’s a Cosmo.  

That made me laugh😄. I probably asked before but what is the date of your sailing? I remember that you are flying from Boston.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Love the purple color. Growing up friends had a farm and they grew the green kind. I love them raw.

I am really looking forward to growing these. With them growing on top of the soil,  it should add some nice color.  When you ate them raw did you eat them like coleslaw or mix them into a salad or just eat them like biting into an apple.

• Like 2