Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I doubt that phones that old will receive the Android 13 operating system with IU 5. That is what caused the issue with the Samsung keyboard. 

Here is a sight that shows when various Samsung phones would be updated.  It said mine was supposed to be November.  It might be I just didn't notice it until this week. 

https://www.theverge.com/2022/10/26/23424170/android-13-update-samsung-release-schedule

Edited by Ozark_Kid
I forgot the link 😂

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

After getting no response from the CC help board I tried to find a way to contact Samsung and let them know the browser was not working.  I was about to give up but found a way to text.  It ended up being an automated response.  

What is surprising me is how well the new browser is predicting the next word I want to text.  I am about totally sold on the new keyboard. 

What I was missing from the last keyboard was the ability to hold down a letter and get a choice of ąćcéñťèð letters.  I was able to get it back by changing some keyboard settings. 

👍👍

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

For those that have been to Coco Cay, which Day Bed locations are best........give pros and cons of each, nearest free  food, rest rooms etc.

Breezy Bay $199

South Beach $199

Chill Island $299

Are the above prices per person or per bed? Website a little confusing.

Not going to be hooked into any of the Over priced Cabana's  for just 1 day , just to bring your food to you. Could go out  4  or 5 times to nice restaurant  back home for those prices.

Prices are per bed, not per person.

If you want to be "centrally located" then Breezy Bay is your best bet.  Breezy Bay is right across the street from the pool, right at the swim-up bar.  It also has a Snack Shack.  If you want the full buffet, then you cross the street and go over the bridge across the pool and the buffet is on the other side of the pool.

Chill Island will be the quietest area.  Depending on which of the three little cove/beaches you're at will depend on how close you are to the buffet and pool.  

South Beach is the most isolated.  They were playing music when I was there a month or so ago, so it's not quiet like Chill Island.  There is a Snack Shack at South Beach, and restrooms and volleyball, but there is no buffet there.  It's a significant walk (or a tram ride) to the pool or buffet areas from South Beach.  

And Coco Cay doesn't have the inflatable water park area at all anymore, as I recall.  

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

2 ships in Port when we are there.......8000 people

Earlier today I decided based on this Youtuber picked  Breezy Bay Beach Bed. there was only 3 left when I reserved it. Liked the look as to how close they are to the water.

I can still cancel though and reserve one of the other 2 locations? Says the Breezy location is near Chill Beach, Is that a bad location?

8000 people isn't bad.  We have been there with over 10,000 people and that was okay.

I could be wrong but I think some of day beds at Breezy bay look right at some of the floating cabanas.   

I like chill island for snorkeling where a plane is underwater. 

Don't like location of chill island daybeds.

I'm not sure where floating water toys are located.

If you Google perfect day map a couple of them come up.

Oasis pool is easy access from anywhere.   Pool tends to get very crowded and has loud music.   So depends if you want that vibe or want peace and relaxation.

You can always take the tram from one side of the island to the other.

We either go to south beach or hang at chill island for snorkeling or the beach club if priced right.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Prices are per bed, not per person.

If you want to be "centrally located" then Breezy Bay is your best bet.  Breezy Bay is right across the street from the pool, right at the swim-up bar.  It also has a Snack Shack.  If you want the full buffet, then you cross the street and go over the bridge across the pool and the buffet is on the other side of the pool.

Chill Island will be the quietest area.  Depending on which of the three little cove/beaches you're at will depend on how close you are to the buffet and pool.  

South Beach is the most isolated.  They were playing music when I was there a month or so ago, so it's not quiet like Chill Island.  There is a Snack Shack at South Beach, and restrooms and volleyball, but there is no buffet there.  It's a significant walk (or a tram ride) to the pool or buffet areas from South Beach.  

And Coco Cay doesn't have the inflatable water park area at all anymore, as I recall.  

Hope that helps.

Is the Breeze Bay Area where the jet skies take off from , we also rented a jet ski. If so that would be a convenient  spot for the bed to be at that we reserved.

I can't seem to be able to find a good coco cay map I can enlarge to see where everything is located at.

Edited by Jimbo

17 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

There is a very similar Van Gogh experience happening in Jacksonville, Florida right now.  I looked it up and it's called Beyond Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience.  It also projects art on the walls and floor with an accompanying soundtrack.  Apparently, there are 5 different Van Gogh immersive experiences.

Off to investigate buying tickets for the Jacksonville show.  Looks interesting.

We had a Van gogh exhibition here in Minneapolis. The MIA has free admission but charges for special exhibitions.

The special Van gogh had fewer than 15 items, most were from their permanent collection.

No interactive display. I would have loved that.

We also had a Frieda Kahlo exhibit several years ago. On our one day off we tried to go but the line was too long and it was below zero that day so we had to pass.

Now that things are opening up here I'm looking forward to getting to more art and historical museums. We have a LOT of them!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Am I the only one that doesn't have a clue about what Ozark Kid and Ocean Boy are talking about changing keyboards on a cell phone...............Or have I completely missed the boat on that conversation?

There's a lot I don't quite follow...camera stuff, phone stuff, sports stuff.

Kinda hard to switch keyboards on a cell phone so my mind wanders...oh look a recipe for a yummy cocktail...that gets my attention.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Is the Breeze Bay Area where the jet skies take off from , we also rented a jet ski. If so that would be a convenient  spot for the bed to be at that we reserved.

I can't seem to be able to find a good coco cay map I can enlarge to see where everything is located at.

Yes, the jet ski area is between the three Chill Island coves and Breezy Bay.  

Hopefully this map will help you visualize.  Chill Island is the left area, Breezy Bay is the top left with the jet ski rentals on the left.  You can see the Snack Shack I mentioned straight down from the letter "s" in "Features", if you continue down across the road you'll see the Oasis Lagoon Bar, and then the bridge you use to go over the pool and follow the path to get to the Skippers Grill buffet.

For what it's worth, I really don't see people using the day beds much -- they LOOK a lot better than they actually ARE, functionally speaking.  They don't really offer good shade other than when the sun is directly overhead.  If the sun is at an angle at all, you have to close the curtains to block the sun, and then you lose much of the cooling breeze plus the view.  

If you get off the ship in the first hour or two after docking, I've never had a problem getting loungers and umbrellas in the area I want.  (If you want pool area, I'd go in the first hour.  Beaches aren't as much of a problem because there are SO many loungers and umbrellas, plus more beach areas.) And with umbrellas, you can drag the chairs as needed for shade as the sun moves throughout the day.  Just thought I'd mention that, in case you had better ways to use the $200.

cococay-map-features.png.webp

• Like 3

@Jimbo, I just marked up this Google Maps view of Coco Cay.  It's "upside down" from the map in my previous post (Royal's map is drawn from the perspective of standing on the pier and looking at the island, while Google Maps has a standard north/south perspective).

Let me know if there's anything I can help clear up for you.  

Beaches and Buffets.png

• Like 2

23 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Overcast and occasionally rainy Saturday in Sydney today.  Perfect day for doing indoor activities in the city.  Started off with re-visiting Van Gogh Live.  It’s returned to Sydney and is being held in a larger venue this time round.

You have various photos ops available.  I went with the have your photo taken in a Van Gogh Painting:4A17DFC7-0FEF-41C3-82C3-C3D9ADFAFE88.thumb.jpeg.b9241dda196c6dfa49b629e7434ff94a.jpeg

There also a room full of sunflowers and a room full of mirrors.  The onsite “French” cafe did a nice lunch.  Then it was onto the main event, where Van Gogh’s life, diary entries and paintings are projected onto the walls and floors of the exhibition hall.945FB86B-783E-4A7F-BC6C-48921C1075F3.thumb.jpeg.c870608436c4cd9ee208e34a890f19b7.jpeg

16F0F608-4796-48B7-96DC-D9B746B3E350.thumb.jpeg.bb02a50f993e27a4b68a3e619e25f9e0.jpeg

B4808551-439D-4855-90DF-EABC3FEAFA15.thumb.jpeg.2fd1099bea685b107a68ba22a2048a5e.jpeg

0CE2C24E-1B14-4B31-AB16-FF996983B439.thumb.jpeg.b0d66d62d5582c29a3a580125b1e604f.jpeg

Photos don’t do it justice but enjoyed the experience just as much the second time around.

There's a Van Gogh immersive experience on in London till the end of Feb. I was thinking of booking it. Wonder if it's the same as the one you went on

https://vangoghexpo.com/london/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=mybusiness&utm_campaign=96397_lon

23 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Overcast and occasionally rainy Saturday in Sydney today.  Perfect day for doing indoor activities in the city.  Started off with re-visiting Van Gogh Live.  It’s returned to Sydney and is being held in a larger venue this time round.

You have various photos ops available.  I went with the have your photo taken in a Van Gogh Painting:4A17DFC7-0FEF-41C3-82C3-C3D9ADFAFE88.thumb.jpeg.b9241dda196c6dfa49b629e7434ff94a.jpeg

There also a room full of sunflowers and a room full of mirrors.  The onsite “French” cafe did a nice lunch.  Then it was onto the main event, where Van Gogh’s life, diary entries and paintings are projected onto the walls and floors of the exhibition hall.945FB86B-783E-4A7F-BC6C-48921C1075F3.thumb.jpeg.c870608436c4cd9ee208e34a890f19b7.jpeg

16F0F608-4796-48B7-96DC-D9B746B3E350.thumb.jpeg.bb02a50f993e27a4b68a3e619e25f9e0.jpeg

B4808551-439D-4855-90DF-EABC3FEAFA15.thumb.jpeg.2fd1099bea685b107a68ba22a2048a5e.jpeg

0CE2C24E-1B14-4B31-AB16-FF996983B439.thumb.jpeg.b0d66d62d5582c29a3a580125b1e604f.jpeg

Photos don’t do it justice but enjoyed the experience just as much the second time around.

There's a Van Gogh immersive experience on in London till the end of Feb. I was thinking of booking it. Wonder if it's the same as the one you went on

https://vangoghexpo.com/london/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=mybusiness&utm_campaign=96397_lon

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@DaniDanielle Marielle wishing you a fabulous birthday.  May all your wishes come true.

Thanks, all, for your birthday wishes to my daughter.  36 today and shares birthday honors with Katie Couric.  When we lived in NY, we said we would go down to Rockefeller Center and hope to get on camera.  We never did.  

When our daughter lived at home, every birthday morning when she came down for breakfast, a gift bag and Winnie the Poo balloon was at her place at the table.  Gift bag contained favorite candy,, stuffed animals, silly gifts and always mutli colored toe socks and a Winnie the Poo calendar.  Call it tradition.  Of course, dinner out and a special birthday gift.  I miss those days.  Now she does the same for her kids.  I'm glad.

Best wishes to your daughter, love your families birthday tradition 

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Yes, the jet ski area is between the three Chill Island coves and Breezy Bay.  

Hopefully this map will help you visualize.  Chill Island is the left area, Breezy Bay is the top left with the jet ski rentals on the left.  You can see the Snack Shack I mentioned straight down from the letter "s" in "Features", if you continue down across the road you'll see the Oasis Lagoon Bar, and then the bridge you use to go over the pool and follow the path to get to the Skippers Grill buffet.

For what it's worth, I really don't see people using the day beds much -- they LOOK a lot better than they actually ARE, functionally speaking.  They don't really offer good shade other than when the sun is directly overhead.  If the sun is at an angle at all, you have to close the curtains to block the sun, and then you lose much of the cooling breeze plus the view.  

If you get off the ship in the first hour or two after docking, I've never had a problem getting loungers and umbrellas in the area I want.  (If you want pool area, I'd go in the first hour.  Beaches aren't as much of a problem because there are SO many loungers and umbrellas, plus more beach areas.) And with umbrellas, you can drag the chairs as needed for shade as the sun moves throughout the day.  Just thought I'd mention that, in case you had better ways to use the $200.

cococay-map-features.png.webp

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

@Jimbo, I just marked up this Google Maps view of Coco Cay.  It's "upside down" from the map in my previous post (Royal's map is drawn from the perspective of standing on the pier and looking at the island, while Google Maps has a standard north/south perspective).

Let me know if there's anything I can help clear up for you.  

Beaches and Buffets.png

Your maps are great, I think for the first time being in Coco Cay Breezy Bay location is the best for us to get us close to just about everything we want to do there. gives' us option for snack shack or buffet and gets us close to where the jet ski's leave from.

Whether we keep the Bay Bed or not is still up for debate. We have time to cancel that if need be but for now we at least have one before they are sold out.

Guess the $199 price is pretty standard now for them. Wouldn't imagine the price would lower if there is so few left. Think we rather have one of the beds then the lounge chairs and umbrellas that are so crammed together you can hardly move. Always have hated that on a beach and around the pools.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Your maps are great, I think for the first time being in Coco Cay Breezy Bay location is the best for us to get us close to just about everything we want to do there. gives' us option for snack shack or buffet and gets us close to where the jet ski's leave from.

Whether we keep the Bay Bed or not is still up for debate. We have time to cancel that if need be but for now we at least have one before they are sold out.

Guess the $199 price is pretty standard now for them. Wouldn't imagine the price would lower if there is so few left. Think we rather have one of the beds then the lounge chairs and umbrellas that are so crammed together you can hardly move. Always have hated that on a beach and around the pools.

We usually go to Breezy Bay.  It's close to everything, and far enough from the pool that you don't hear the loud music there.  It's also where the floating bar is located, which is under the Breezy Bay arrowhead in Brillo's marked up Google Map.  

As someone else mentioned, the Breezy Bay daybeds could end up looking at the back of a Coca Cay Beach Club over-the-water cabana.  Those are not shown on Google Maps (picture taken before they were built) and are located between Brillo's South Beach and Breezy Bay labels...where the beach juts out the most south.  The Breezy Bay daybeds are just to the right in the photo of where the OTW cabanas are located.  If you have one of the beds on the right/east end of the line of beds, you'll be able to see the OTW cabanas on your right but will have a view mostly of the water.  If you get a bed on the left/west end of the line of beds (closest to CCBC), you'll be looking almost straight at one of the cabanas.  I've not used one the Breezy Bay daybeds and can't confirm this from personal experience, but I remember thinking that I wouldn't be happy if I got one of the daybeds with the "obstructed view".  I don't think you can request a specific bed.  I think it's first come, first served, so get there early (unless they're assigned by when reserved rather than when you show up).

• Like 2

@Jimbo Found this photo which may better show what I was trying to say in my last post.

Perfect Day at CocoCay Bahamas

Directly behind the OTW cabanas (right-center of the picture) are regular loungers.  The beach beds are in the right most part of the beach in the photo.  It looks like the majority of beds are to the right of the OTW cabanas.  Hopefully, someone who has actually used one of the beds can better say if a blocked view is a problem.

Note also that there are 2 (or 3??) rows of beds so no matter what, your view may partially be of a bed in front of you.  Some additional photos from the internet:

From Coco Cay Beach Club looking at Breezy Bay

Breezy Bay Beach, Cococay Bahamas

From east end of Breezy Bay (where jet ski rentals are located) looking at Breezy Bay and the floating bar and CCBC OTW cabanas

Floating bar at Perfect Day at Cococay

Breezy Bay beach beds

Breezy Bay beach bed, Perfect Day at Cococay

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, the area to do jet skis is between chill beach and breezy bay.  Based on the fact you are doing jet skiis and want to snorkel, which is best off chill island than a daybed at Breezy Bay would work good for you.

Re:  jet skiis they will give you a 15 min safety briefing then everyone leaves at the same time.  It's a follow the leader type of jet skiing, you are not allowed to just go off on your own.  They are fun, we did it precovid and hope to do again this year.

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

@Jimbo Found this photo which may better show what I was trying to say in my last post.

Perfect Day at CocoCay Bahamas

Directly behind the OTW cabanas (right-center of the picture) are regular loungers.  The beach beds are in the right most part of the beach in the photo.  It looks like the majority of beds are to the right of the OTW cabanas.  Hopefully, someone who has actually used one of the beds can better say if a blocked view is a problem.

Note also that there are 2 (or 3??) rows of beds so no matter what, your view may partially be of a bed in front of you.  Some additional photos from the internet:

From Coco Cay Beach Club looking at Breezy Bay

Breezy Bay Beach, Cococay Bahamas

From east end of Breezy Bay (where jet ski rentals are located) looking at Breezy Bay and the floating bar and CCBC OTW cabanas

Floating bar at Perfect Day at Cococay

Breezy Bay beach beds

Breezy Bay beach bed, Perfect Day at Cococay

So if I'm following this right, best beach bed in Breezy are the extreme other end away from the Coco Beach Club and best to be nearer to where the jet skis leave from?

South Beach's beach beds are behind the loungers, so that isn't good and Chill's Beach Bed's are to the extreme left of Chills beach......I don't like the looks of Chills because they have that rim of Rocks blocking the view out to sea and only have that little gap you can look through.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, the area to do jet skis is between chill beach and breezy bay.  Based on the fact you are doing jet skiis and want to snorkel, which is best off chill island than a daybed at Breezy Bay would work good for you.

Re:  jet skiis they will give you a 15 min safety briefing then everyone leaves at the same time.  It's a follow the leader type of jet skiing, you are not allowed to just go off on your own.  They are fun, we did it precovid and hope to do again this year.

Snorkeling is not a must do.  Yes, we have taken other Jet Ski's excursion with Royal before and know they are always follow the leader, that is fine. Labadee does the same thing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

If you get off the ship in the first hour or two after docking, I've never had a problem getting loungers and umbrellas in the area I want.  (If you want pool area, I'd go in the first hour.  Beaches aren't as much of a problem because there are SO many loungers and umbrellas, plus more beach areas.) And with umbrellas, you can drag the chairs as needed for shade as the sun moves throughout the day.  Just thought I'd mention that, in case you had better ways to use the $200

I agree, we hardly see people hanging out at their day bed for long.  We don't stay seated long enough for us to justify paying $200.   We usually find our loungers, plop everything down, hang out for a bit then wander around, get in the water, get food and drink, wander to shopping area...sometimes I get my hair braided...the girls there do a great job, go snorkeling, then back to lounger to dry off and read and relax before heading back to ship.  

• Like 3