Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Speaking of e-mails.Does anyone know how I can remove e-mail addresses from my AOL address book.Nobody that I know can figure out how to do it not even my grandkids.

Is there somewhere on the left of your screen, when in your email acct, that says contacts?

If yes, then click contacts and you should be able to delete addresses from that screen.

4 hours ago, CrzLvr2 said:

@dani negreanu

Dear Dani,

It’s only the wee hours of the morning where I am, but I think it’s close to “rise and shine” time for you, so I wanted to be sure that I had Happy Birthday greetings from me  waiting for you  when you log-in today!  🎉 🥳 💐 

Thank you so much, Sue, for your very moving birthday wishes. I'm tearing easily, and this was one of those moments 😘

And also many thanks to Dorothy  @#55worktoplay,  Mark @h20skibum, @Ocean Boy, Marietta @DaniDanielle and Debbie @Sunshine3601 🌷

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Is there somewhere on the left of your screen, when in your email acct, that says contacts?

If yes, then click contacts and you should be able to delete addresses from that screen.

Building on this Lenny, if you don't see contacts on the left side of your screen (you may be using a different app to manage email), you should first go to mail.aol.com in a web browser.  Once you are able to click contacts on the left side of your screen, click the check box next to each of the addresses that you want to delete.  Then click on the trash can above the list of contacts.  

This video uses an annoying computer generated voice but will show you how to do this...starting at about the 2:45 point in the video.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Oh, no, my bad. When reading your reply, I just remembered that I've already read some Patterson books -- the first 7 in his Women murder club, at least 7-8 years ago...

What happened is that I already have a Virgil Flowers book, "Bad blood", which is #4 in the series. Since I always try to read at least the number one in any series, you know, to get the feeling of the character, I've bought the #1, "Dark of the moon".

Then, when I read the summary, I've noticed that's a kind of spinoff from Prey, so I'll start with #1 of Prey....

After Michael Bennett.😉

Happy Birthday Dani! 🎂

If you like the Prey series, you will have A LOT of new books to read.  I read the Virgil Flowers books first and keep meaning to "go back" and read the Lucas Davenport books.  Maybe the first of the Prey series books will be my next download. I'm interested in what you think of it.

I still haven't finished the most recent Jack Reacher book that I started on our Napa trip a few weeks ago.  I've been busy and the book just didn't "hook" me.  It was written/co-written by Lee Child's brother Andrew and isn't quite the same.  Still good...just not really a page turner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I still haven't finished the most recent Jack Reacher book that I started on our Napa trip a few weeks ago.  I've been busy and the book just didn't "hook" me.  It was written/co-written by Lee Child's brother Andrew and isn't quite the same.  Still good...just not really a page turner.

I thought the same thing about any of the books where Andrew was involved.  I think Lee is passing the Reacher series to him, and soon he will be the author of the new books.

Each author has their own style, and once you get used to it, it is hard to accept those changes.  I found the same thing with books by Jonathan Kellerman.  Those co-written with his son, Jesse, are not as good as his bookies without his son’s contributions. I don’t recall if Kellerman’s books have been mentioned here, but they are good reads.  I have read all of his, except his new one which I have on hold at the library. His wife, Faye Kellerman, also has some good books she authored.

As far as Stanford’s books, I have read all of them and enjoy them.

• Like 2

The newest Kellerman isn't as good as his earlier ones.  I read it last week and had to push myself to finish it because I couldn't get invested in the plot or characters.  There's only so many times I can read about Milo's poor clothing choices, how cute Blanche is, etc...  And the plot made no sense.

Agree about the Prey books, love them.  Also Will Trent series, sorry haven't read the whole thread so don't know if these have been mentioned.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

No issues with email from CC here.

I had no issues either but I thought I would check the settings.  I found out why CC doesn't send me anything.  It still had an email account that I used when I originally set up the CC account years ago.  I decided to not update the email.  I can't see why I would need to get an email from CC. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I saw that some of that was answered.  

With an iPhone, I can download photos from CC to reorient them, but it will not download the videos to convert them.  I use an app called iConv to convert any iPhone videos to MP4 format before uploading to CC. It looks like this in the App Store.

523710D5-F3EC-424F-80AF-79C0F3E05B33.thumb.jpeg.b6a57b3b1a8d5d22d818e965d1b8e0f1.jpeg

Thanks, Mark! 👍🏻 That looks like a good solution! Thanks for sharing it! 😊 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you so much, Graham.

I really appreciate it that you try to find an appropriate wishing card in Hebrew.xx

This time, though, I can't stop smiling -- it seems that someone, I'm sure with the best of intentions, managed to mix "the bowls" in this picture -- it says: "Yom Huledet Sameach", which means, indeed, "Happy Birthday", but with a "Hanukkia", which is used in.... Hanukka.

So --- Yom Huledet Sameach is just perfect for my b'day, which I'm happy to share with St. Patrick and Bonnie's daughter ( @BonTexasNY).

L'shanah Tovah -- means "A good year" and it is used at the Jewish New Year, a first cousin to "Happy New Year" 😁

And that completes our humorous Hebrew lessons for today 😘

This reminds me of a Mad magazine joke where a waiter says to a patron “I appreciate your ordering in French, sir, but you have just requested that I bring you an oven broiled tractor.”

Have a wonderful birthday!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I had no issues either but I thought I would check the settings.  I found out why CC doesn't send me anything.  It still had an email account that I used when I originally set up the CC account years ago.  I decided to not update the email.  I can't see why I would need to get an email from CC. 

The email address is where they send notice that you played Monopoly and lost. Yes, I know from first hand experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was always eagerly awaiting the newest ones. Lee Child is one of the few foreign authors which I can find in Israel, and it is even translated in Hebrew. DH also likes them, so I would buy it in Hebrew for his benefit, and then read them myself. Win-win.

We're both of the opinion that Child's latest two are not the best...

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I thought the same thing about any of the books where Andrew was involved.  I think Lee is passing the Reacher series to him, and soon he will be the author of the new books.

Each author has their own style, and once you get used to it, it is hard to accept those changes.  I found the same thing with books by Jonathan Kellerman.  I don’t recall if Kellerman’s books have been mentioned here, but they are good reads.

I very much enjoyed Kellerman's first 10 books or so. I had a very soft spot for the little French bulldog 😉 Again, it is a matter of finding this author here. When DS1 was a flight attendant, he was bringing me loads of books from Barnes & Noble, and when I was, occasionally, in NY (B&N) or London (WHSmith), I was like a kid in a candy store, seeing all the books of my favorite authors...

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

As far as Stanford’s books, I have read all of them and enjoy them.

Glad there is another vote for Stanford's books 😘

2 hours ago, edspec said:

The newest Kellerman isn't as good as his earlier ones.  

2 hours ago, edspec said:

Agree about the Prey books, love them.  Also Will Trent series, sorry haven't read the whole thread so don't know if these have been mentioned.

Thank you, they were 😊 --

I'll quote some of the series in the list compiled awhile ago [my personal marked in red] --

Karin Slaughter -- the Will Trent series

JD Robb "In death" 

Georges Simenon Series 

Gideon Oliver -Aaron  Elkins  series 

Louise Penny’s Gamache series.

The Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell 

Elizabeth George’s Inspector Lynley Series. 

Donna Leon’s Brunetti series. 

Any books by Tana French

Any books by P. D. James 

JK Rowling (author of Harry Potter series), writing under the name Robert Galbraith -- the Cormoran Strike series.

Helen Fields -- the Perfect series.

Daniel Silva - Gabriel Allon series

Janet Evanovich—Stephanie Plum series.  Fox and Hare series.

Ian Rankin’s Rebus series

Peter Robinson’s DCI Banks series

Nevada Barr’s National Parks series

Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters

John Sandford , the Prey series and the Virgil Flowers series

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Happy Birthday Dani 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎈 🎁 🎊 

I hope you are having a great birthday!

It is such a blessing to be able to grow friendships with someone that you have never even met in person. You have a great personality and a good heart ❤️.   

Happy Birthday!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The email address is where they send notice that you played Monopoly and lost. Yes, I know from first hand experience.

Say it ain’t so.  I can’t imagine you posting anything that send you on that diagonal from GO.

Never been sent to jail, but maybe close today on FOB. Those that know, know.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Speaking of Monopoly,  on the FOB live you mentioned something that you should of not Googled.  When I made reference to the same topic, it was deleted a few minutes later.   🙃 Not sure why, may be because of the word I am not including which to me is not bad.  Did yours get deleted?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I haven’t been to the FOB yet today but I think I came close yesterday.   Not sure if anyone ever noticed but on occasion I like throwing in a little humor 😜 Yesterday I tried to be funny by combining a post about sliding down a fireman's pole and another post and it got deleted.   

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Say it ain’t so.  I can’t imagine you posting anything that send you on that diagonal from GO.

I haven't seen anything controversial from you today on FOB.  Is it gone?

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Speaking of Monopoly,  on the FOB live you mentioned something that you should of not Googled.  When I made reference to the same topic, it was deleted a few minutes later.   🙃 Not sure why, may be because of the word I am not including which to me is not bad.  Did yours get deleted?

I posted a reply to Andrew's original mention of that Google search topic and my post went poof.  Not sure why.  

• Like 1