Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

BTW, I got the job -- I'm going to be an ER nurse, plus I'm still going to work an extra shift or two per week at my old job (private duty nurse).  I'm going to put the extra income into my cruise fund!   

Congrats!! But will this leave you enough time for the B2B2Bs?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@brilloheadCongratulations on your new job!

My granddaughter Erin will be graduating from Fairfield University with a Nursing Degree

in May.  She is hoping to work in an ER in Manhattan.

Congratulations to your granddaughter.  There is a big demand for nurses right now.  Our state is talking about giving new nurses, teachers, and police, a 2,500 tax credit for working in the state.  I guess they are trying to address shortages. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Hope this is resolved for you asap.

Not suggesting this is the case for you but my friend’s husband just had a nasty experience after finding leeches on his ankles after clearing out the bush on their property.  The leech “bite” travelled up his legs to his knees.  He was lucky he didn’t leave the problem much longer before he was prompted to have it checked out by his GP. He is now on antibiotics and being monitored for any escalating symptoms.

I was on antibiotics for the beginning of this problem, finished 28 days of antibiotics just a few days ago for my issues with dental surgery.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I suggest when you obtain a walking stick, not to choose one with wide prongs at the base.  That design was the first choice for my dad because of the apparent stability but the OT in store cautioned us that it would be a trip hazard.

Thanks for the suggestion.  That is the same thing my PT SIL said.   A large base can be a trip hazard.   They look like they would work good but unless pointed out I wouldn't of thought about them being a trip hazard. 

• Like 2

She is a cutie, John!  Love the tilt of her head..she's a natural!

How are you doing these days?

Thanks,  Kenzie is a sweetie.  Yesterday she came too me, grabbed my hands and said Black Eyed Peas, Boom Boom Pow.  Then she started dancing all around!  

I am doing fine. Physically when I overdo it I wear down quicker but I feel good.  I am thankful the family is handling it much better.   My oldest DD has been working hard.  She got my late April MRIs moved up to next week!  

I am so thankful for those that are offering prayers for me.  It makes a great difference. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

My granddaughter Erin will be graduating from Fairfield University with a Nursing Degree

@brillohead Debi, congrats on your new job!

Maryann, congrats on Erin's graduation.  I hope she gets the job she wants and deserves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@A&L_Ont Andrew I read your cc review introducing us to your precious Allie, totally choked up.

That sweet picture of Lisa holding her is totally unforgettable.  Mother love at its finest.

I will forevermore think of Allie whenever I see butterflies and rainbows.

Her essence, her spirit, her love is with you, Lisa and Owen always.  Those dimes she sends you proves it.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Congratulations to your granddaughter.  There is a big demand for nurses right now.  Our state is talking about giving new nurses, teachers, and police, a 2,500 tax credit for working in the state.  I guess they are trying to address shortages. 

Thank you Mark.  We are so proud of Erin, and excited for her as well!

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@brillohead Debi, congrats on your new job!

Maryann, congrats on Erin's graduation.  I hope she gets the job she wants and deserves.

Thank you, Bonnie!  Our little 5ft Erin with the softest voice and great smile will be a great comfort to many, I'm sure! 😊

• Like 10

16 hours ago, George C said:

Doctor wasn’t sure , did do blood test which he will get back tomorrow, went to a imaging place to make sure there were no blood clots , he is also sending some prescriptions for me apparently my condition goes up to my knees , told to have my feet , legs elevated when possible, definitely weird, never had any reaction like this on my 75 or so cruises. 

Thanks George for the update. I hope they can pinpoint what is going on. Keep me updated please.

• Like 2

Spent the morning grocery shopping.  I made a list and still forgot a few things. 

Why didn't anyone ever tell me that being a grownup consisted of trying to figure out what to make for dinner every night for the rest of your life???

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Regards to finding signs from a departed loved one, my son’s wife’s brother was killed about 15 years ago in a horrible accident.  Right after her parents won a car in a raffle at their church.  She went to the cemetery on her parents anniversary and found money on his grave.  It was the exact amount he would have given her for his share of the gift.

We prefer to believe🙏

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Spent the morning grocery shopping.  I made a list and still forgot a few things. 

Why didn't anyone ever tell me that being a grownup consisted of trying to figure out what to make for dinner every night for the rest of your life???

When I make a list, I forget the list!

• Haha 9

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

Driving to a job interview today, the "low tire pressure" light came on in my car.  Kept going down by 1psi every couple minutes.  I was down to 21psi when I pulled into a gas station (I was in the boonies when it came on, this was the first gas station I came to several miles later).  

Cars don't come with "donut" spare tires anymore (unless you pay extra) -- instead, my Kia came with a Tire Mobility Kit, which is basically a can of Fix-A-Flat that you connect to a little compressor that you plug into your power plug in your car.  That got me up to 28, and I topped it up to 32 with the air pump at the gas station and went to my job interview.  

My tire was still holding at 27psi when I got out of the interview almost an hour later, so I went up the street to a tire place that got me in and out with a new tire in like 10-15 minutes.  Fastest tire job EVER!  (There was a nail on the inside wall of the tire, so it wasn't salvageable.)   

BTW, I got the job -- I'm going to be an ER nurse, plus I'm still going to work an extra shift or two per week at my old job (private duty nurse).  I'm going to put the extra income into my cruise fund!   

Congratulations on being a nurse

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations to Erin .The daughter of one of my cousins graduated college last year with a Nursing Degree and is working in Manhattan.She was influenced by Toby being an RN and a cousin of mine who was also an RN.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks George for the update. I hope they can pinpoint what is going on. Keep me updated please.

Doctor gave me furosemide to treat excess fluid in my legs and furosemide for low potassium. Definitely need to lose some weight and go back to the gym . As they say growing old sucks but beats the alternative. Need to be able to walk a lot for my New York City trip in two months 😁😁.

• Like 5

Regarding Nursing as a career.When Toby entered college she wanted to be a nurse.However,her parents wanted her to be a teacher.When she graduated college the majority of the women became teachers.However ,Toby became a Social Worker as did her sister.Toby still had the desire to became an RN and after both of our daughters were born she quit her job and went back to college to study Nursing 

She worked as an RN 27 years.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, George C said:

Doctor gave me furosemide to treat excess fluid in my legs and furosemide for low potassium. Definitely need to lose some weight and go back to the gym . As they say growing old sucks but beats the alternative. Need to be able to walk a lot for my New York City trip in two months 😁😁.

Furosemide is not used to treat low potassium. It can actually contribute to kidney excretion of potassium from the body. Am I misinterpreting what you wrote? Did you mean he also prescribed a potassium supplement for replenishment?

• Like 2