Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

The company my wife works for has a very nice 401k , if you put 4 percent of your salary into the 401k they match the four percent and give you a extra 2 percent, so you get ten percent, she puts in way more than 4 percent and after 20 plus years it adds up . As Greg just stated most companies gives you lots of options on investing into the 401k . Very few Companies offer pensions currently.

• Like 6

I did something dumb.  I failed to notice when the kindle book I was reading was automatically due back at the library.  Well, yesterday was the day my Sandra Brown's Public Secrets book went poof, returned to the library.  It was 85% read and I was about to find out "who dunnit".  I put a new hold on the book and now I have 4 weeks until I'll get it placed back on my kindle.  I jotted down what part I was into and started reading Harlan Coben's newest book.  AND I have 12 days to read Robin Cook's Night Shift.

Sigh....so many books!

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I did something dumb.  I failed to notice when the kindle book I was reading was automatically due back at the library.  Well, yesterday was the day my Sandra Brown's Public Secrets book went poof, returned to the library.  It was 85% read and I was about to find out "who dunnit".  I put a new hold on the book and now I have 4 weeks until I'll get it placed back on my kindle.  I jotted down what part I was into and started reading Harlan Coben's newest book.  AND I have 12 days to read Robin Cook's Night Shift.

Sigh....so many books!

Yes, I've reserved "The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo" and "The House in the Cerulean Sea" so many times and still haven't read either one of them.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/1/2023 at 2:02 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

When Kenzie got here yesterday the first thing she did was checked on Finnley. 

20230331_122218.thumb.jpg.f55df6bf6d51e0f378d8b95bb6a51f8b.jpg

20230331_122226.thumb.jpg.568738b3fa4b666b808ddfca2c0b19cc.jpg

20230331_122235.thumb.jpg.7dc71410eafecea4ecbe655443bb699e.jpg

It looks like Kenzie and Finnley are going to grow up to be "best buds"!!

20 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

One of the things that made us smile the most on the Bella cruise was people complimenting us on Owen and his behaviour, as well as his ease of chatting with any of them at any point along the cruise. In fact all of the Bella group cruisers said it at different times. 

Owen is a very polite and personable young man, and very easy to talk to!!!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, 3 Kitty Mommy said:

Thank you Dani! And to all the wonderful contributors to this thread.

You've made us all feel welcome ... even if we don't contribute.

Cheers ... 🥂

Welcome.

Your cat avatar picture is lovely.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We ate lunch at a local Cafe today.  Along with the usual lunch offering they are known for their breakfast which can be ordered at lunch.  We had two small tables fill up next to us.  We overhead one couple ordering biscuits and gravy.  When the waitress ask white or chocolate the couple looked so puzzled.  The couple asked what's chocolate gravy?  The waitress asked, where are you from?  The couple next to them turned around and said, we never heard of chocolate gravy either!  Our SIL showed them his bowl of chocolate gravy.   The waitress offered to bring them out some to try.

How often do you go to a local Cafe and both tables nezt to you are occupied by foreigners 🤔 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

@BonTexasNY well said, it is wonderful being able to talk over our problems and joys.  There is always someone on here listening.

We are all so very fortunate to have each other's "backs" on here...no judgements here...only good friends, good listeners, great advice, impressive stories, etc.😍

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We ate lunch at a local Cafe today.  Along with the usual lunch offering they are known for their breakfast which can be ordered at lunch.  We had two small tables fill up next to us.  We overhead one couple ordering biscuits and gravy.  When the waitress ask white or chocolate the couple looked so puzzled.  The couple asked what's chocolate gravy?  The waitress asked, where are you from?  The couple next to them turned around and said, we never heard of chocolate gravy either!  Our SIL showed them his bowl of chocolate gravy.   The waitress offered to bring them out some to try.

How often do you go to a local Cafe and both tables nezt to you are occupied by foreigners 🤔 

As a foreigner- what is chocolate gravy?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

@dani negreanu      THANK YOU DANI FOR THIS WONDERFUL THREAD!!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!🎉🎊🎉

LOVE YOU!!!!💕💕💕

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I'm a foreigner, too, but I think he just means brown gravy or white gravy. 😄

OK, we only have brown gravy over here. What's white gravy made from 🤔

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I'm from the U.S. and have never heard of Chocolate gravy.  Is it a Southern thing?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ValerieJo said:

I'm from the U.S. and have never heard of Chocolate gravy.  Is it a Southern thing?

Nope! I'm from the south and there is white gravy and brown gravy.... ready to be educated, though! (Personally if you tell me it's chocolate gravy? There better be some chocolate in my gravy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Speaking of books - my new year resolution was not to add any more books to my existing TBR (to be read piles) that didn’t happen.

As I only read physical books -that I have bought or picked up from street libraries, I don’t have to worry about time limits for returning, my problem is finding time to read.  I am easily distracted by my phone.  Here is my piles of books I plan to read (eventually…)

365B3E37-8F3B-422E-946D-0995C2166368.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sgmn said:

OK, we only have brown gravy over here. What's white gravy made from 🤔

"What Is The Difference Between Brown And White Gravy? The main difference is the liquid that's used in the gravy. Brown gravy is normally made with meat fat and broth, while white gravy is made with milk.Jul 16, 2021"

I am foreign, in that we live in California and not the South. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

As a foreigner- what is chocolate gravy?

11 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

I have no clue either.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

"What Is The Difference Between Brown And White Gravy? The main difference is the liquid that's used in the gravy. Brown gravy is normally made with meat fat and broth, while white gravy is made with milk.Jul 16, 2021"

I am foreign, in that we live in California and not the South. 😄

Chocolate gravy apparently is an obsession in the south! Lol! It is made with milk, butter, coco powder, sugar, and flour. (Thank you All Recipes!)

image.jpeg.aa55efe037bd2853270b2fbb7a80896a.jpeg

Edited by CruiszBug
  • Thanks 9

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I also never heard of chocolate gravy.

I’m from Indiana and hadn’t heard of it until we moved south.  Our neighbor in Tucker (an Atlanta suburb) was from a small town in South Georgia.  She mentioned it.  When I looked confused she invited us to brunch and made some.  Wow!  Hot chocolate sauce on biscuits! Yum!  Definitely not healthy and I don’t want to know how many calories, but what a great idea.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

Chocolate gravy apparently is an obsession in the south! Lol! It is made with milk, butter, coco powder, sugar, and flour. (Thank you All Recipes!)

image.jpeg.aa55efe037bd2853270b2fbb7a80896a.jpeg

Ding, ding, ding! Now that's what I'm talkin bout! 

I didn't know there were so many "foreigners that post here.  😳 

BTW,  when the waitress asked where they were from they said Missouri.   😆 

From what I have read it is popular in the Ozark and Appalachian Mountain regions.   I don't recall it served other than around here.  It was a one and done for me.  Sharon doesn't eat it either. 

Just incase no one noticed,  the original post was intended to be a funny.   I would of been shocked if most had heard of it.  I never heard of it until we moved here.  Actually it's the only Cafe that I can think of that serves it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

anniversary-ecards-happy-always---anniversary--master.jpg.45d06f768f973b464b238ffbae923ce9.jpg

@dani negreanu        Happy 3rd Anniversary, Dani!!!  😘

Thank you for being the “Hostess with the Mostest” and making everyone feel right at home on your thread!!!  Wishing and hoping that we will be sharing many more anniversaries with you!!!  Cheers!!!🥂🍾

🤗 Sue

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ATG said:

I’m from Indiana and hadn’t heard of it until we moved south.  Our neighbor in Tucker (an Atlanta suburb) was from a small town in South Georgia.  She mentioned it.  When I looked confused she invited us to brunch and made some.  Wow!  Hot chocolate sauce on biscuits! Yum!  Definitely not healthy and I don’t want to know how many calories, but what a great idea.

I actually have heard of Tucker.I have relatives in Dunwoody which is very close.

Re Indiana,a friend of mine who grew up in NYC as I did played for the Indiana Pacers many years ago and would frequently have discussions with his teammates about the foods he ate in NY that they were not familiar with and vice versa.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I actually have heard of Tucker.I have relatives in Dunwoody which is very close.

Re Indiana,a friend of mine who grew up in NYC as I did played for the Indiana Pacers many years ago and would frequently have discussions with his teammates about the foods he ate in NY that they were not familiar with and vice versa.

I had never seen a bagel until we moved south.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3