Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 4/7/2023 at 1:01 AM, BonTexasNY said:

Through all of this, how is your DH's pain?

Finally, we found out what's causing the pain, and it's what I've feared all along....Monday, more than 3 weeks after the pain started, DH had intestinal bleeding. Still, our family dr is MIA, and we couldn't find another dr. I spoke with the emergency contact at Maccabi, and they sent us to a family dr, who luckily, didn't take time off during Passover.

He immediately prescribed Omeprazole, to be taken half an hour before eating. The improvement in pain started 2 days after. PITY this pill wasn't prescribed together with the pain pill. We would have been in a whole different, pain free situation, by now. Even went ahead with our planed trip....

So, as a lesson from our "experience" -- whenever you're prescribed a strong pain pill, ask for an additional pill which will coat your intestine/stomach against adverse side effects.

I'm so disappointed in our family dr, that he didn't bother to do just that.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

On 4/6/2023 at 9:49 PM, xpcdoojk said:

Lenny, I don’t agree with you often (ever), but this time you might be on to something!  😆

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

If I stay here longer you might find that you agree with me on other points or vice versa.😀

The beginning of a beautiful bromance....🙂

• Haha 14

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Finally, we found out what's causing the pain, and it's what I've feared all along....Monday, more than 3 weeks after the pain started, DH had intestinal bleeding. Still, our family dr is MIA, and we couldn't find another dr. I spoke with the emergency contact at Maccabi, and they sent us to a family dr, who luckily, didn't take time off during Passover.

He immediately prescribed Omeprazole, to be taken half an hour before eating. The improvement in pain started 2 days after. PITY this pill wasn't prescribed together with the pain pill. We would have been in a whole different, pain free situation, by now. Even went ahead with our planed trip....

So, as a lesson from our "experience" -- whenever you're prescribed a strong pain pill, ask for an additional pill which will coat your intestine/stomach against adverse side effects.

Im so sorry to hear this. Sad to hear your doctor is MIA. I’ll be thinking of you all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Dani @dani negreanu.

After my heart attack over 3 years ago I was prescribed Lanzoprazol long term to protect my stomach from taking 75mg Aspirin for blood thinning.

I'm sorry your husband has suffered because he was not prescribed omeprazole with his pain killers although I understand this medication is for short term use only.

Sending you our best wishes for your family's safety and your husband's health.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

After my heart attack over 3 years ago I was prescribed Lanzoprazol long term to protect my stomach from taking 75mg Aspirin for blood thinning.

Thank you so much 🙏, Graham, for pointing this out. DH is also prescribed 75mg Aspirin, but without the Lanzoprazol....

May be the Aspirin coupled with the pain pill had a double adverse effect. I'm going to check it with my pharmacist cousin, who, from the very beginning, was baffled that the coating pill was not prescribed....

And, yes, the omeprazole was prescribed for 2 weeks only.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That is sad that your husband was in so much pain and your doc was unavailable.   I’m so very sorry for him and for you . You were looking forward to your trip and had to cancel.  

My husband started taking Omeprazole yesterday in advance of his 2nd knee replacement on Tuesday . He has no qualms about getting it done .  He had a much easier time than @Sea Dog . 

After hearing the latest news from Israel be safe and take care ! 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NHProud said:

That is sad that your husband was in so much pain and your doc was unavailable.   I’m so very sorry for him and for you . You were looking forward to your trip and had to cancel.  

My husband started taking Omeprazole yesterday in advance of his 2nd knee replacement on Tuesday . He has no qualms about getting it done .  He had a much easier time than @Sea Dog . 

Judy please wish your hubby good luck from me!  I will be thinking of him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The beginning of a beautiful bromance....🙂

Quite possible.At one time I posted on another cruise site.A guy who posted there seemed to enjoy disagreeing with most of my posts.We met on a cruise in 2011 and became good friends.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, NHProud said:

After hearing the latest news from Israel be safe and take care ! 

Sending you and your husband our best wishes for a successful 2nd knee replacement on Tuesday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Thank you , Greg !  I hope you find some resolution to your knee pain , also .  

Actually my replaced knee is doing great. I think I’ve finally turned the corner.

my other knee is the one giving me fits now. The synvisc injection has helped. But after I work out and do a lot of walking my other knee is very sore. I probably will get the other knee replaced but I just want to wait awhile as it takes a lot out of me physically and mentally.

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you so much 🙏, Graham, for pointing this out. DH is also prescribed 75mg Aspirin, but without the Lanzoprazol....

May be the Aspirin coupled with the pain pill had a double adverse effect. I'm going to check it with my pharmacist cousin, who, from the very beginning, was baffled that the coating pill was not prescribed....

And, yes, the omeprazole was prescribed for 2 weeks only.

You can purchase Omeprazole without a prescription here. There are several brand names, the most common being Prilosec. I'm glad he is getting some relief. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Judy please wish your hubby good luck from me!  I will be thinking of him.

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sending you and your husband our best wishes for a successful 2nd knee replacement on Tuesday.

+ 3 😘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Actually my replaced knee is doing great. I think I’ve finally turned the corner.

my other knee is the one giving me fits now. The synvisc injection has helped. But after I work out and do a lot of walking my other knee is very sore. I probably will get the other knee replaced but I just want to wait awhile as it takes a lot out of me physically and mentally.

You want to be fit to fully enjoy cruising and of course your activities at home .  Someone once told me about cataract surgery which I was putting off that it was inevitable and should get it done because I wasn’t getting any younger . 

Good luck with whatever you decide. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have never been to Israel and am not familiar with the geographical locations .The people I referenced live in Ra’anana 

Lenny, a terrorist opened fire on one of the busiest streets in Tel-Aviv.  One killed, 7 wounded.  No matter where an attack occurs, every Israeli is impacted.  I had friends in Ra'anana years ago but lost touch.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Dani, so sorry DH's relief came so late but at least now he's showing improvement.

33 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Same from me to @NHProud

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, NHProud said:

You want to be fit to fully enjoy cruising and of course your activities at home .  Someone once told me about cataract surgery which I was putting off that it was inevitable and should get it done because I wasn’t getting any younger . 

Good luck with whatever you decide. 

I had cataract surgery a few months ago in both eyes a few weeks apart.  Piece of cake.  No pain, no complications and I see much clearer.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 11

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Beautiful!  Those towers flanking the Luna Park sign in picture reminds me of the Chrysler Building in Manhattan.

image.png.d136bce9ff64fad572085283aae56e6a.png

I’ve not noticed the similarities before. But you’re right they do.

Think I’ve mentioned this before but on our first night in NYC, my DD excitedly posted a photo of the beautiful night view we had of the  Empire State Building from our hotel room.  

We had a view of the Chrysler 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looks like Kenzie might have some competition.   Looks like the others want to drive too!

20230408_113213.thumb.jpg.c8215ef3a21244b345da60257092e93e.jpg

20230408_113222.thumb.jpg.247f3bf43ee124662c046451dc46a461.jpg

20230408_113221.thumb.jpg.7c1bac4dede8ec9ff0ab758495a1adc3.jpg

20230408_113229.thumb.jpg.51a98decc9464cd01116192a364f0a1b.jpg

Your granddaughters are precious, John!!!💕

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, of course we worry, but we go about our lives as usual.   They live in a nightmare every minute of the day.  I hear that fear almost daily when I talk to my sister-in-law and family in Israel.  I feel that fear when @dani negreanuDani posts.  May they all stay safe.

Amen to that, Bonnie!🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2