Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Toby did his surf lesson today.  Turned into a privatev lesson as I had the time wrong and we showed up late butcyhe guy was nice and for an extra $50 he took Toby out for an hour.  He was exhausted.  No good pictures as the spot to view was a long ways away.

He did finally start to land his first "Shuv its" on the flowrider though.very few people, most times it's him and a couple others for the entire session...as good as a private rental. 

• Like 21

Finally on our way cruise bound.  We will stay one night in Bologna, one night in Trieste and then board NCL Gem for five days on Croatian coast.  First cruise since September 2019.  Feels odd, like I am on a first ever cruise.  🥳🥳🥳🥳

• Like 17

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

In Canada does 16 also mean a driver's license so he can start playing with dad's toys?

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I little trouble keeping your wife and cat straight?😇

I was wondering the same thing on both counts. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa shared it with me.

Mix 2 parts hydrogen peroxide with one part Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle, preferably in a dark spray bottle so the peroxide doesn’t break down. We do that and keep in under the sink out of the light. 

We first rinse the pants in cold water, to remove loose dirt.  Then spray the stains and use a soft bristle brush on the stains to lift the stains. Then place them in a bucket/pail (no extra water needed) overnight.  We then put them in the wash the next morning without rinsing and with a small amount of detergent in cold water. Stains usually are gone…if not repeat the steps on the spots needed and wash again.

Hope it helps. 

I don’t think we will have time to test this out.  Another game tonight. 

Teams were pretty evenly matched in last night’s game.  Grandson was not pleased with his batting, but he did have an RBI, and their team came away with a win 4-3.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Finally on our way cruise bound.  We will stay one night in Bologna, one night in Trieste and then board NCL Gem for five days on Croatian coast.  First cruise since September 2019.  Feels odd, like I am on a first ever cruise.  🥳🥳🥳🥳

Wish you safe travels with a wonderful cruise.   Bon Voyage.  🍹🥂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I replaced both of my toilets with new taller toilets. I havent been sorry. I have long legs. 

Consider some new toilets?

It essentially is brand new, since I replaced everything but the porcelain.  We do however have completely new toilets on our to do list.  Ever since experiencing a fully automatic toilet at our hotel in Kauai, I've had my eye on this:

WASHLET | TOTO

We just need to put an electrical outlet behind the toilet location to power the toilet.  That's not something I ever thought I'd be saying. 😁

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The toilet in our master bathroom has a slow leak between the tank and the bowl.  Every hour or so, the water level in the tank would drop enough for the fill valve to open for about 5 seconds to fill the tank.  It was slightly annoying and certainly a waste of water, so I finally got around to "fixing" it yesterday.  I decided to just replace all of the parts in the tank and the gasket between the tank and the bowl.  After 2 trips to Lowes and about 3 hours of work, it's still not working right.  I've got one more thing to try and if that doesn't work, time to throw in the towel and call a plumber.  I have no problem doing anything electrical, but I hate plumbing work.

Had something similar happening to one of my daughter’s toilets. I finally tracked down the problem to a misalignment of the chain between the flapper and the handle.  It wasn’t allowing a complete seal of the flapper.  After making a couple adjustments, that solved her problem.

I limit my electrical work to relatively simple things.  Last week, I replaced an exterior outlet box, outlet and weatherproof cover, and that turned into a two hour job.  After seeing the bad shape that one was in, I may replace one other where the cover seal looks like it is going bad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vibe said:

I have found that products from Fluidmaster have always solved my toilet issues.

Toilet Parts & Repair | How To Fix a Toilet | Fluidmaster

I've had good experience with Fluidmaster also.  I installed their fill valve and flush valve this time.  The kit comes with 2 different gaskets for between the tank and bowl...one for Kohler and one for other brands.  We have a Kohler so I started with the Kohler gasket.  It's got 3 "arms" that fit into the mounting holes.  It's still leaking so I'll try the more generic, simple gasket next. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Yes, those are fresh pineapples you can buy.  Maui Gold Pineapples- the last pineapple plantation on Maui. These ones are 2nd generation of a pineapple plant, that is why they are smaller.  $6 each or 2 for $10.  Supposed to be real sweet.

Pineapples are one of my favorite parts of going to Hawaii.  That and Kona coffee.  The best quality pineapples don't leave the islands.  So incredibly sweet and tasty!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Pool opened today with little fanfare.  Gonna take a few days to look pretty.

IMG_2664.thumb.png.48004ad6c78cb1d3d11eb91de3c6afbc.png

Lisa was busy supervising.

IMG_8365.thumb.jpeg.dd6f61f9382fbc364620b8cc0cf01470.jpeg

And then needed a nap. Life of a cat. 

IMG_9147.thumb.jpeg.56c998fca4a9ab7a5ad520cbe45280fd.jpeg

You wife has turned into Lucy? 🤣.  

Happy 16th Birthday to Owen.  that’s a pretty special milestone birthday.  Hope he has a great day 🎉

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Sounds wonderful.  Enjoy being back on board & have a great cruise 🎉

• Like 1