Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Reading the posts about The Bubble Room is bringing back memories from my college days. Nothing to do with the restaurant in Fort Myers but , **ahem**, the very first "Gentleman's club" I went to called Bubbles.  Let's just say it was a bit on the low-end and while I did appreciate the exotic dancers at the time, it was really the cheap drinks & cheap cover charge that brought us back over and over.

So now you can guess what I'm picturing every time I read about The Bubble Room. 😲

Apparently, you and I have di

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Traveling through Va. was a total nightmare, adding at least 3 hours more to our trip.

So sorry about your experience here.  Up around DC has been bad for as long as I can remember, but lately its also been awful around Fredericksburg.  

• Like 1

Just now, BonTexasNY said:

Oh no!!  It seems I messed up on my quotes.  What I WANTED to reply was that my and HBE4's memories are different when thinking of "Bubble Room".

Why can't we delete replies before they are submitted?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Oh no!!  It seems I messed up on my quotes.  What I WANTED to reply was that my and HBE4's memories are different when thinking of "Bubble Room".

Why can't we delete replies before they are submitted?

You can delete before you submit, or you can go in and edit after you submit for a few minutes

• Thanks 1

@dani negreanu Dani, I only have a hand mixer.  Trust me, I've failed at easier recipes. 

Jack is again making noises about visiting Israel, but airfare is so expensive.  If we do visit, we'll have to cancel Bella 02.  But, we're just in the talking stages every few months.  It's been way too long since Jack saw his twin sister and we have 10 great grand-nieces/nephews we've never met.

Not sure I mentioned that Jack's sister's granddaughter's spinal stroke is attributed to the covid vaccine.  We have no idea what the positive indicator was, but the doctors are all in agreement.  She's categorized as permanently disabled, can walk for short spurts with a walker and has gone back to school with an aide by her side wherever she goes.  My heart goes out to her, so young.  16!

Sometimes I really am unsure of what I should post in here, but I know I'm among friends.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

You can delete before you submit, or you can go in and edit after you submit for a few minutes

I know I can edit what I typed if normally typed, but oftentimes my text appears within the box of who I am replying to. It's like I'm adding inside their post. Confused?  I sure am.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

We were ticketed on the way to Arlington for my brother’s funeral because the frame slightly obscured the very top of “Sunshine State”. 

Oh that is ridiculous!  Again my apologies although I promise I have nothing to do with it apart from being a resident here.

If you don't mind, could you say whether it was a state or county police officer protecting us from your license plate frame?

There have been discussions around the Old Dominion that county police should not have the ability to issue traffic tickets on the interstates...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I know I can edit what I typed if normally typed, but oftentimes my text appears within the box of who I am replying to. It's like I'm adding inside their post. Confused?  I sure am.

Like this Bonnie?

When this happens on my phone I just scroll down to come out of the box of the person I was quoting.

Screenshot_20230528_224117_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

That can be more difficult but just keep hitting return and you will come out of the quote box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Make sure the cursor is below the quote box before you start typing. Just tap your screen where you want the cursor placed.

@dani negreanu Dani, I only have a hand mixer.  Trust me, I've failed at easier recipes. 

Jack is again making noises about visiting Israel, but airfare is so expensive.  If we do visit, we'll have to cancel Bella 02.  But, we're just in the talking stages every few months.  It's been way too long since Jack saw his twin sister and we have 10 great grand-nieces/nephews we've never met.

Not sure I mentioned that Jack's sister's granddaughter's spinal stroke is attributed to the covid vaccine.  We have no idea what the positive indicator was, but the doctors are all in agreement.  She's categorized as permanently disabled, can walk for short spurts with a walker and has gone back to school with an aide by her side wherever she goes.  My heart goes out to her, so young.  16!

Sometimes I really am unsure of what I should post in here, but I know I'm among friends.

Yeah, can't have further discussion about the vaccine without getting a hand slapped.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm so sorry for her. So young. Hugs to her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yeah, can't have further discussion about the vaccine without getting a hand slapped.

I have had my last ban.  I behave and don't comment on any kind of controversial thread. However, I think there is a lot of discussion yet to be had on the subject.

• Like 11

I'm so sorry for you grand nieces circumstance.  My thoughts are with her. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Like this Bonnie?

When this happens on my phone I just scroll down to come out of the box of the person I was quoting.

Screenshot_20230528_224117_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thanks, Graham, I'm usually on my laptop.  Maybe guidelines are different?

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

That can be more difficult but just keep hitting return and you will come out of the quote box.

I've tried hitting that return key and never can get out of the quote box.

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Make sure the cursor is below the quote box before you start typing. Just tap your screen where you want the cursor placed.

I always make sure the cursor is below the quote box but when I sneeze or move my fingers a bit, I find myself inside the quote box.  The keyboard on my laptop seems very sensitive.  I type and all of a sudden the cursor shifts to a totally different area.

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

OOPS.  I had no idea. 🤐

• Like 1

Doesn't seem to be a 3 day weekend party mood around here.

Do what you want about vaccines, actually I think no one gives a s*** anymore.  I got mine, have no idea if I'm supposed to get a booster or not, I'll just let Walgreens tell me what to do.  Maybe.

12 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

OOPS.  I had no idea. 🤐

Don't worry, me neither.  I vote we can all do what we want.

Meanwhile, enjoy your friends, spouse, solitude whatever.

I think we all just want to be needed by someone, or musically

• Like 8

We babysat our 6 month old granddaughter in Manhattan Friday evening while our DIL went with friends to the Taylor Swift concert. Our son was out-of-country. 

We got a kick out of how dressed up DIL and friends were. 

They got back at 2AM and we walked 15 blocks at great speed with our city "radar" up back to our car. Ha. Drove home without issue to New Jersey.

And in honor of US Memorial Day. This is for my uncle who I never knew. Killed in the Battle of the Bulge, WW2.

20230528_200604.thumb.jpg.12459d6abcd7440f708fc580d0b79465.jpg

Edited by mets07
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2