Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Crisis averted!!!

Ricky, the indoor cat, went missing.  Someone left a door open, and he got out sometime last night.  So after doing all our mulch this morning, we get a call from our daughter, wanting us to help search. 

I printed up a bunch of lost cat posters to hang up in her neighborhood.  Posted online, and talked to several people out walking.  One couple said, Oh yeah, they saw a cat over by their house this morning.  Another one said they saw one in the opposite direction.  Widened our search pattern to about a half mile, and we were all walking and driving the neighborhoods.  There are so many places he could wander in to, so it was like looking for a needle in a haystack.  

A lot of crying and sad faces, and the kids wondered how he could run off when they planned to celebrate Ricky’s birthday today.  This is the day we are also celebrating our daughter’s birthday, a couple days early, so this was really putting a damper on the day. 

Then this happened. 

IMG_7406.thumb.jpeg.5df8f3087fda5f2c65b9da59c7e2a90c.jpeg

Ricky is happily back inside with a fresh bath and now a full belly. 

I think we may buy an air tag for him. 

• Like 28

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Crisis averted!!!

Ricky, the indoor cat, went missing.  Someone left a door open, and he got out sometime last night.  So after doing all our mulch this morning, we get a call from our daughter, wanting us to help search. 

I printed up a bunch of lost cat posters to hang up in her neighborhood.  Posted online, and talked to several people out walking.  One couple said, Oh yeah, they saw a cat over by their house this morning.  Another one said they saw one in the opposite direction.  Widened our search pattern to about a half mile, and we were all walking and driving the neighborhoods.  There are so many places he could wander in to, so it was like looking for a needle in a haystack.  

A lot of crying and sad faces, and the kids wondered how he could run off when they planned to celebrate Ricky’s birthday today.  This is the day we are also celebrating our daughter’s birthday, a couple days early, so this was really putting a damper on the day. 

Then this happened. 

Thank goodness he’s back and you can all celebrate. I like the airtag collar idea.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Crisis averted!!!

Then this happened. 

You could have the cat micro chipped( it's pretty common now) pretty easily, not sure how much I like putting collars on a cat that can go outside or even inside sometimes and get hanged up on the collar on something.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Got up early, around 5:00, to go biking this morning. The beginning of a trifecta of perfect days this long weekend.

20230529_072247.thumb.jpg.2ba4c85b3f2b15c6b691ac10ecd3ce83.jpg

20230529_072304.thumb.jpg.c25fad397d1da34c2a5156b7fe0be1c1.jpg

And my shadow decided to tag along too..

20230529_072348.thumb.jpg.932b730fbf58033097f796297a33fc9f.jpg

Still no feet.... pics just aren't the same!  😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

You could have the cat micro chipped( it's pretty common now) pretty easily, not sure how much I like putting collars on a cat that can go outside or even inside sometimes and get hanged up on the collar on something.

The problem is micro chipping only works if someone finds the cat and takes to a vet that scan the chip.

Air tags work great for cats and dogs.  I know many people using in my neighborhood.  

Our cats go outside a couple hours everyday and have always worn safety collars with their name tags.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The problem is micro chipping only works if someone finds the cat and takes to a vet that scan the chip.

I am pretty sure Ricky has a micro chip, but like you say, someone has to find them and take them to be read.  I think with an air tag, you could narrow down your search area.  

• Like 4

On 5/28/2023 at 3:58 PM, jagsfan said:

Leaving Hilton Head on Sundays during the summer is close to gridlock. 

Same on NJ Garden State Parkway, beginning on Thursdays in the Summer...last year it took well over an hour to go 10 miles.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Beautiful family and congratulations on the baptism. Love that cake. The deer looks disappointed in being left out of what will be some leafy goodness. Have fun in the RV. 

Make back hurts just thinking about carrying 100 bags.

I had my back hurting after carrying 6 bags (60 pounds each) of Gator Dust polymeric sand that we put down in our paver walkway by our patio. I had to cut open the bags and carefully spread the dust in between the stones. In the end it turned out real nice.

IMG_1582.thumb.jpeg.c0c6df91497dd42153c4e8b5621fecad.jpeg

IMG_1583.thumb.jpeg.19522d194aeae453c9371b8e34b85f9e.jpeg

IMG_1586.thumb.jpeg.44021ac891bef0cf529a98d01e90aad8.jpeg

IMG_1584.thumb.jpeg.9bbba0c4ad895b7fd2bb126c8ec6173a.jpeg

Looks very inviting Greg.

• Like 2

Just now, grapau27 said:

Looks very inviting Greg.

Cone on over! I might be a little geographically challenged but if you are ever in Kansas City Missouri we would love to entertain you and Pauline!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This afternoon Eric did half then I did the other half of re-applying new polymeric sand for the pavers.   Looks great but we have to wait 24 hours before we can put patio furniture back in place. 

Then I can plant my flower pots for the patio.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend.    Tomorrow I will honor my Father for his service in the Korean War.   Thank you everyone past and present for their service in the Military.    

Memorial Day Memes Pictures, Photos, Images, and Pics for ...

Debbie, how often do you re-apply the new polymeric sand for the pavers?  I just asked Jim about this.  I always power-wash the pavers, ridding them of the weeks that like to pop up.  Does this keep the weeds from appearing?  

18 hours ago, h20skibum said:

In case you are wondering what to do with your old Christmas tree, you could always make it an event.  

My daughter’s neighbor brought their tree over to their campfire to give it a proper send off. I thought this was hilarious, but that is my sense of humor. 

Hopefully, I uploaded the mp4 version so OB can see it. 

Jim and I always head to Florida while the Christmas tree is still up.  Our daughter and grandsons like to keep it up until Little Christmas, and then put it out to the curb for Sanitation to pick it up on certain days.  When we came home last month, I saw the dried-out tree against the back fence by the fire pit.  Last night after having Birthday cake for Jack, and Birthday fruit-filled watermelon for Ryan's Birthday (he prefers fruit to cake) everyone went outside to the firepit, and they (thankfully) disposed the tree.  I guess a new tradition has begun!🤔

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Cone on over! I might be a little geographically challenged but if you are ever in Kansas City Missouri we would love to entertain you and Pauline!

Thank you so much Greg that is very kind of you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lionesss said:

the Baptism for our granddaughter was memorable and all the planning paid off. 

2097F6F2-282A-40BF-A8A7-F0E20FD1F13F.thumb.jpeg.555df5b915cd3caefdcf7840390f0a78.jpeg

IMG_0375.thumb.jpeg.856190ebca9aac27d3be3342f47ca59b.jpeg

When I return finish packing for our Allure cruise only a few days away. 

Debating on doing a live thread. After being a submitter on the Bella cruise, I know I could never attain that level of of talent provided by the “male” creators. Andrew, Greg, and John. 

Beautiful family, Sue!  I love the cake.  Did you make it?

Have a great cruise on the Allure.  I loved that ship!

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My heart goes out to Jack’s young family member.  Tragic that her young life changed instantly when she was just  doing the right thing.

+1  @BonTexasNY  I am so sorry that your grandniece has to deal with this at the age of 16.  Thankfully she has improved somewhat from where she was last year.❤️

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

In the end it turned out real nice.

IMG_1582.thumb.jpeg.c0c6df91497dd42153c4e8b5621fecad.jpeg

IMG_1583.thumb.jpeg.19522d194aeae453c9371b8e34b85f9e.jpeg

IMG_1586.thumb.jpeg.44021ac891bef0cf529a98d01e90aad8.jpeg

IMG_1584.thumb.jpeg.9bbba0c4ad895b7fd2bb126c8ec6173a.jpeg

Beautiful, Greg!!  Love it!!!

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

BTW, we're off to Modi'in today, to baby sit for a couple of days, while DS2 + DIL are off also to Amsterdam and other cities in Holland, to "check the water" re: moving there.... So sad.

Oh Dani, I am so sorry that your DS2 + DIL are looking to move, but totally understandable.😢

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Debbie, how often do you re-apply the new polymeric sand for the pavers?  I just asked Jim about this.  I always power-wash the pavers, ridding them of the weeks that like to pop up.  Does this keep the weeds from appearing? 

We just talked with the guy who cleans our gutters about this (since he also power washes driveways, cleans windows, etc.).  Our pavers have not been cleaned since we moved in 2.5 years ago and they don't look too bad.  He told us to seal our pavers after cleaning and re-sanding.  That will keep the sand in and any weeds/moss out.  The sealing however would cost an additional $2K over the $500 for cleaning and polymeric sand.  We're going to skip the sealing and see how often we'll need to clean.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Crisis averted!!!

Then this happened. 

Good idea.  My daughter plans on getting one for Ms. Lola.

I'm so happy that Ricky was found!  How was your granddaughter's Recital last night?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We just talked with the guy who cleans our gutters about this (since he also power washes driveways, cleans windows, etc.).  Our pavers have not been cleaned since we moved in 2.5 years ago and they don't look too bad.  He told us to seal our pavers after cleaning and re-sanding.  That will keep the sand in and any weeds/moss out.  The sealing however would cost an additional $2K over the $500 for cleaning and polymeric sand.  We're going to skip the sealing and see how often we'll need to clean.

Wow!  Jim did say that the stuff is expensive, but, holy cow!!😵‍💫  Good thing I love to powerwash!

• Like 1

It's been a busy couple of days here.  Friday was Jack's 16 Birthday.  He came home from school and announced that he and his friends had won an award for "Best Visual Effects" for their 3 minute movie that students all over Ocean County were assigned to make.   He celebrated his Birthday with friends in the backyard that night while they watched movies "under the stars" once it got dark out.  Yesterday, our granddaughter enjoyed the Taylor Swift Concert with her cousin.  She decorated a white Cowboy hat with different colored rhinestones depicting TS many concerts.  Of course, she was dressed accordingly for a TS concert!  Today is Ryan's 14th Birthday, and he celebrated with his friends doing Rock Climbing.

We certainly lucked out with the weather this weekend.  Happy Memorial Day everyone!🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Good idea.  My daughter plans on getting one for Ms. Lola.

I'm so happy that Ricky was found!  How was your granddaughter's Recital last night?

She did great Saturday night. No stage fright at all, but this is probably her 5th year of dance.

A couple photos.  The first one is her costume for the first routine.  Her brother was nice enough to pose with her.

IMG_7395.thumb.jpeg.b818cc672216755840e8b355f0849e67.jpeg

The second one is her genie costume.

IMG_3296.thumb.jpeg.7c94cc997bc8d872544edbc08a2f6bb1.jpeg

The third is just a frame grab from a video I shot.   

IMG_6135.thumb.jpeg.dc05fc208f1b82c60c462125ce24aed6.jpeg

She really enjoys dance .

• Like 21

On 5/24/2023 at 1:28 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Many colleges in the US have rugby teams.The son of one of my friends played for a college in PA.I know that Cal-Berkeley has a team.

The only thing I know about rugby is that my husband played for Syracuse University.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

She did great Saturday night. No stage fright at all, but this is probably her 5th year of dance.

A couple photos.  The first one is her costume for the first routine.  Her brother was nice enough to pose with her.

IMG_7395.thumb.jpeg.b818cc672216755840e8b355f0849e67.jpeg

The second one is her genie costume.

IMG_3296.thumb.jpeg.7c94cc997bc8d872544edbc08a2f6bb1.jpeg

The third is just a frame grab from a video I shot.   

IMG_6135.thumb.jpeg.dc05fc208f1b82c60c462125ce24aed6.jpeg

She really enjoys dance .

They both are adorable, Mark!  I love your granddaughter's Genie Costume!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

It's been a busy couple of days here.  Friday was Jack's 16 Birthday.  He came home from school and announced that he and his friends had won an award for "Best Visual Effects" for their 3 minute movie that students all over Ocean County were assigned to make.   He celebrated his Birthday with friends in the backyard that night while they watched movies "under the stars" once it got dark out.  Yesterday, our granddaughter enjoyed the Taylor Swift Concert with her cousin.  She decorated a white Cowboy hat with different colored rhinestones depicting TS many concerts.  Of course, she was dressed accordingly for a TS concert!  Today is Ryan's 14th Birthday, and he celebrated with his friends doing Rock Climbing.

We certainly lucked out with the weather this weekend.  Happy Memorial Day everyone!🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Congratulations on Jack’s 16th birthday and his award. Also, congratulations on Ryan’s 14th birthday.  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Looks like a great night.  I have a feeling nothing will hold her back. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Looks great Jimbo.  Sounds like this should be much better than the previous one. 

My Wife likes it much better too, doesn't have a cooling fan either like the Z-line had where while the oven was on this loud cooling fan runs and omits hot air out into our whole room. It was crazy we had to turn the TV up while this fan was on it was so annoying, Just crazy.

• Like 4

Spent the day with family including 2 cousins I haven’t seen in 35 years. Here are a couple of pictures of our hotel suite, I would have no issues in living there. Has 2 full bathrooms and 800 sq Ft much bigger than many apartments in the city.

image.thumb.jpeg.8ec2ad9b2478972ea27fe0cd5e79f43c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.91023294e574868ef2cbbf4130c13ba8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.14a69ace5f4129b0611cf5e1ff480f3e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.acb19bc5669f094ac4e9f6b290762d83.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f107241354fd3793161b6564c20002a7.jpeg

• Like 21