Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Does it work? We have a pesky bird that keeps attacking our windows. It drive Kyler the cat crazy not to mention pooping all over the patio. Do you know where I can find these window birds?

I Googled 'window birds' and there were a ton of responses for fixing that problem. 

13 hours ago, maggieq said:

What wonderful parents you are.  Have a terrific time!

They have a wonderful son!

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

There are two lookouts on the Fairfax walk.   The first was full of whale watchers with their binoculars looking out to sea. It is the start of the whale watching season here (I didn’t take any photos)

The second lookout Burragula

offers stunning views of the harbour.

37874257-F2F0-4308-ACDB-E6170DC01A5D.thumb.jpeg.7db1b38a0a902e5fbf4f17be830bc475.jpeg

32E01A41-9A34-4EBD-A181-2C822F92A6BE.thumb.jpeg.eba0ed24278c193d559f9832b2329d70.jpeg

BEAE34C5-BF4D-46FC-B053-70291B908BBA.thumb.jpeg.1366878e6c42691d57c6280b29649f3b.jpeg

F409335E-30CF-4048-A5B9-3344CBD95B76.thumb.jpeg.1c879dad7f7c8b8e6de23399db27bd41.jpeg

0A134083-357F-4E58-A392-4BF3C9F236AB.thumb.jpeg.f5556c0438ec91605c89914fc6716b4b.jpeg

2ADA3BC4-7E86-4E83-BE9E-BEEABC40CB5E.thumb.jpeg.6a34abfee9e0f6f757fda8cd3f4375b9.jpeg

on our return walk we saw an echnida.  He was on the path in front of us.  When he felt the vibrations of our feet, he sought shelter under the track.C5B41990-BA0B-4575-B3D8-3E4F37D902ED.thumb.jpeg.f624148b1330f71a80071f6e3f425e92.jpeg

We started/ended the walk at Little Manly Beach3E08B676-2E64-4735-92B6-5117B6790865.thumb.jpeg.872f8e30031405e1153343a345236de6.jpeg

We also walked across Collins Beach to head up and return from North Head.  Such a lovely afternoon.  Back to work tomorrow.

E87D7E26-F652-491B-9177-9E8A4E97AE52.thumb.jpeg.f7833d5f14a41eab2592f6949d1862b7.jpeg

CE36A9F0-C259-4DD0-AAA7-D5E17DA31011.jpeg

I never tire looking at your photos, of a place I never got to "see" until I came into this thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Just wanted to share, our house in NJ has been under contract and will be closing end of June. We had renovations done and couple upgrades put in. The new owners plan to move in in mid July.

Wishing you lots of luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

I Googled 'window birds' and there were a ton of responses for fixing that problem. 

Yes I’ve seen the stickers. Not sure I want to put those up. Looking for a fake bird with a suction cup attachment for the window.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Enjoy the game.  There is nothing like the vibe of playoff hockey. 

The league has done well at getting parity in the expansion teams, although we hated to see Flower go to Vegas when the expanded.  

Hope you guys get to see the cup hoisted. 

Flower is what led Owen to Vegas, but once he was traded from LV he stayed and fan of the Knights. He still will cheer for Flower where ever he plays. 

3 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@A&L_Ont  Excellent work Andrew and Lisa!   Dave and I would have done the same thing with our son!  In fact, we did last Christmas/NYE extending a pre planned trip to Scottsdale to go to the Fiesta Bowl and watch the Michigan Wolverines play against TCU.  DS and DH are the fans and what are the odds that we would have planned this trip and they ended up there?  I do hope your result turns out better!  Safe travels and wave to me when you are at DTW!  

That would have been amazing, and better had they won. We will be waving back to you.

• Like 5

On 6/11/2023 at 3:10 AM, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Here’s Hubbard Glacier from this afternoon.

around 45 F and light rain all day.  made it pretty close to the glacier.

Aft views 😀

IMG_0282.thumb.jpeg.d05d4244a0887e6c65cbafbad012266f.jpeg

IMG_0262.thumb.jpeg.9ab490c8ceee44e16e12c756db19d7a4.jpeg

IMG_0268.thumb.jpeg.24de22270b7f41f53d53349425d9c8f2.jpeg

IMG_0236.thumb.jpeg.6b0b5da01103ac87d802a321c89278d7.jpeg

Thanks for posting.  Brings back memories of our cruise in 2018.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

This morning, we are packing up and heading to the airport for our long day of flights home from California.  

Yesterday, we decided to start the summer of fun before we left.  So we ventured out for our day.  I was a little annoyed with Waze, that it didn’t alert us to traffic problems, until it was too late.  We sat in traffic for about a half hour, with all the race fans going to the NASCAR race at Sonoma. 

IMG_7513.thumb.jpeg.0bc5193ef67bd44245e7ecb83f0b56a8.jpeg

I guess the bright spot was that we were treated to a great air show while we waited.  The California-based Patriots Jet Team, is the largest civilian-owned aerobatic jet team in the Western Hemisphere, was there to entertain.  In the cockpits are some former U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds and U.S. Navy Blue Angels pilots and Reno Air Race competitors.  The pre-race demonstration featured six-L-39 albatross jets. 

Their promo picture was much better than those I took through the car windshield. 

IMG_7547.thumb.jpeg.e9f7f3adea8c2070728bf7166b7f80da.jpeg

They canceled the one in Ft Worth for this October we used to go every year, the company my wife works for was one of the sponsors and normally hosted the pilots in there tents free food and beer. 

• Like 2

On 6/11/2023 at 4:59 PM, grapau27 said:

We have just got home after an absolutely fabulous fjords cruise.

It was sunny every day and an average temperature of 70°F.

Thanks for the pictures.  I think that you did my “cruise that never was” which was a June 2020 on Iona (aft cabin for the first time ever) that never happened.  

I put the money back from the cruise into Premium Bonds and so far have won £225! 

I sort of made up for it by going to Tromso in February with youngest for her 30th birthday.  We had a brilliant time and saw northern lights on 3 different nights.  DH and I went on a cruise to Croatia and Slovenia last month.  It actually made me determined to go back to the fjords but on a land tour.   What I enjoyed in Tromso was not having to keep an eye on the time for sailaway.  Maybe I noticed it more since I have retired.  

Hope you are not feeling the heat too much.  I visited my parents in Nottinghamshire over the weekend and it was hot.  Heat and houses with carpets do not go well together.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2023 at 2:36 PM, A&L_Ont said:

All this talk of Vegas, well guess what I might have done last Wednesday…

IMG_9587.thumb.jpeg.72d811de58ce3635adb2c493220590c1.jpeg

As soon as I saw the dates & where you were staying, I was going to guess that you were going to the game.  It's going to be so much fun, the crowd seems pretty passionate. I was going to make a joke about buying tickets for game 7 now before they go up in price.😉  I mean, Florida did come back from being down 3 game to 1 against the best team in the league.  But the Goldem Knights look totally dominate so I don't see that happening.

We stayed at the hotel back when it was the Monte Carlo. Really enjoyed it, its a nice size not to big and not to small. Kind of a medium-size Mega Resort.  In cruise ship terms, it'd probably be a Voyager-class ship.  Really nice pool area although that might be overshadowed the City Center complex now.  The only quibble I had with the place was the hotel rooms were very basic, like a road side motel. Although that probably was addressed as it was heavily renovated when it became the Park MGM.

I purchased tickets for 2 Ranger Round 2 games via Ticketmaster and when the Rangers were eliminated (🤬) my money was automatically refunded in less than a week. It was direct ticket purchases, not third-party resellers but I'm petty sure its the same return policy/proces.

Have fun, the crowd should be electric no matter who wins tomorrow.  I'll be tuning in to see Lord Stanley's Cup being hoisted.

• Like 3

We are preparing to have our quiet retirement world turned upside down starting this weekend. Jessica, Sam & our two granddaughters (oh, and the dog too!) are moving in while their house undergoes major renovations consisting of new hardwood floors throughout and all new windows and doors. They’re also gutting and remodeling the kitchen including taking down a wall.  My SIL is naive enough to think they’ll be here two weeks 😂.  
Pray for me, lol!

• Like 15
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We are preparing to have our quiet retirement world turned upside down starting this weekend. Jessica, Sam & our two granddaughters (oh, and the dog too!) are moving in while their house undergoes major renovations consisting of new hardwood floors throughout and all new windows and doors. They’re also gutting and remodeling the kitchen including taking down a wall.  My SIL is naive enough to think they’ll be here two weeks 😂.  
Pray for me, lol!

Prayers 🙏 winging their way to you Debbie.

I'm sure you will all have an amazing time and their house renovations will be awesome.

You could always book a last minute cruise 😇.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Does it work? We have a pesky bird that keeps attacking our windows. It drive Kyler the cat crazy not to mention pooping all over the patio. Do you know where I can find these window birds?

That happened to me once. For 2 weeks straight, a bird would attack one of our windows. I was told it was due to seeing their own reflection. I kept the shade down for a week or so and they actually stopped after a two or so days. Could have been a coincidence, not sure.  It was in the spring time when they birds are feeling frisky so maybe he was looking for a mate?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Prayers 🙏 winging their way to you Debbie.

I'm sure you will all have an amazing time and their house renovations will be awesome.

You could always book a last minute cruise 😇.

Probably the best advice that I've ever read on these boards.😇

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8