Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

nothing but sexual exploits. The show has really taken a poor turn

I totally sympathize.

We were so enjoying Ted Lasso, then a couple episodes were just disgusting.  Ended up feeling embarrased I recommended the show to my (all grown) kids.  Why?

Edited by QueSeraSera
clarity
  • Like 1

@mo&franThank goodness your DW is okay,  What a frightening experience to find her passed out with glass everywhere.  I hope her head isn't hurting her too much.

@A&L_Ont  Have a wonderful time in LV.  As everyone here has already mentioned, Owen surely has grown since we last saw you all!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

I totally sympathize.

We were so enjoying Ted Lasso, then a couple episodes were just disgusting.  Ended up feeling embarrased I recommended the show to my (all grown) kids.  Why?

If I had recommended BD to someone and last night's episodes were the first ones that they saw then I, too, would have felt embarrassed. It surely was not my idea of a family show.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

don't forget to mention just how hot that sand gets walking on your bare feet.

The last 5 years of my work life, I taught High School chemistry at our local HS.  Used this exact observation to explain the concept of specific heat capacity (turns out sand has a very low heat capacity, so it heats up way quicker in the sun than other materials, except metals some of which are actually worse)

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm finally all caught up.   We arrived at our shore house in LBI Saturday morning.  Here for 2 weeks.   Been doing some little projects and enjoying the beautiful weather.   My Brother and SIL are here for the week.   Been to the beach for a couple hours everyday.   Off for a bike ride next.   

@Luckynana how was Steel Pier at Surfside Theater?

Welcome back to LBI, Debbie!  We really enjoyed the play.  The singing was really good..one of the young ladies hit notes like she could sing in an Opera.  Cute little theater;  our seats were Row B, Seats 1 and 2.  I had gotten the tickets about a month before the show and had picked the end seats for Jim's leg.  It still bothers him, so these seats were perfect.  Afterwards, we went to the Chicken or the Egg.  Great fried cod burrito..it was yummy!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

More severe weather coming our way until 9pm tonight.  Severe thunderstorms, large hail, possible tornadoes, the trifecta of North Texas weather.

No car damage from hail a few days ago.

I wish we were where @A&L_Ont Andrew and family are!

I sure hope the thunderstorms don't include the large hail, nor tornadoes, Bonnie!  Stay safe!

I'm glad your car didn't get any damage from your last storm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Today we made final payment on our Serenade report cruise in September and took advantage of Amex offer to earn 20,000 points when spending $1000 or more with Royal Caribbean.  😃  @sgmn look forward to meeting you and Gary.

Good for you!!  Where will you be going on this cruise?

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm doing the same thing. It is 7PM and just beautiful on the beach right now.

20230613_192117.thumb.jpg.97b980f3d8136ab60951d661bfe99f54.jpg

Love the pic, OB!!!  Nice to see your feet once again!😁

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Always interesting to see the different colour sand in different areas along the east coast.    Our sand here in LBI is soft white sand where as your sand looks golden.   All beautiful.

My bike got a flat tire today.  Eric to fix tomorrow morning.  Glad he is officially retired as of yesterday!!

Congratulations Eric on your Retirement!  Welcome to the Club!!!!

• Like 2

@DaniDanielleYour granddaughter is so darned cute!  I'm glad she enjoyed her very first Concert!

@HBE4  I got to see the Lighthouse from the Tappan Zee this past Saturday night.  I wasn't exactly sure where it was, on which side of the bridge, but didn't see it on our way to Ct. to our granddaughters graduation party.  I did finally see it that night as we headed back to New Jersey.😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

The last 5 years of my work life, I taught High School chemistry at our local HS.  Used this exact observation to explain the concept of specific heat capacity (turns out sand has a very low heat capacity, so it heats up way quicker in the sun than other materials, except metals some of which are actually worse)

Five college chemistry majors in my family . Only one high school chem teacher.  I’m sure your students appreciated you . 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I sure hope the thunderstorms don't include the large hail, nor tornadoes, Bonnie!  Stay safe!

I'm glad your car didn't get any damage from your last storm.

Thanks Maryann!  So far severe weather watch is until 9pm.  It's now 8:42, calm, no rain.  I'm thankful we were in a "watch" and not a "warning".  I still can't believe our car had no hail damage from the last storm.  It came down so hard I thought our windows would crack.

The following is the updated current forecast:

A Severe Thunderstorm Watch is in effect until 9 PM CDT for the areas shaded. The main threat will be large hail up to 3 inches (baseball size) and damaging winds up to 70 mph. Continue to monitor the weather tonight and stay weather aware!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks Maryann!  So far severe weather watch is until 9pm.  It's now 8:42, calm, no rain.  I'm thankful we were in a "watch" and not a "warning".  I still can't believe our car had no hail damage from the last storm.  It came down so hard I thought our windows would crack.

The following is the updated current forecast:

A Severe Thunderstorm Watch is in effect until 9 PM CDT for the areas shaded. The main threat will be large hail up to 3 inches (baseball size) and damaging winds up to 70 mph. Continue to monitor the weather tonight and stay weather aware!

Definitely weird weather, don’t need hail since we already replaced our roof recently.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mo&fran said:

We now have a new electric range.  About a week ago, DW was in the kitchen preparing dinner, when I heard a boom. Ran into the kitchen. and she was laying on the floor unconscious, and there was what looked like ice all around.  as I got closer, that isn't ice, it is glass. her head had hit the front of the range and the tempered glass on the oven door exploded, glass everywhere. I was calling 911 just she started to wake up. Best guess was that her BP had been a bit low, which our PCP did not think was bad.  

They took her to the ER, since she had a cut on the back of her head. They wanted to keep her over night, she did not want to stay, so she came home.  She is OK now.  

I guess we needed a new range. You probably don't remember, but a couple of years ago, our dishwasher started leaking. She wanted a white dishwasher, so that is what we ordered. That was around Thanksgiving. Come Easter it had still not been able  to get one, so in frustration, she said we get whatever. they had a stainless steel in stock, so that is what we got. 

Here we go again, Not this time.  What do you have in stock. Took a picture and showed DW.  She said looks good. Mostly black with stainless steel trim.

Bought it on Friday, it will delivered om Monday, and it was.

WE have heard a lot of people rave about an air fryer.  That got her interest. Now we have one.

That’s scary ! That has happened three times to my hubby minus the glass incident.  Last time it scared me tremendously because he fainted with his eyes open . I thought he had died . The diagnosis was low BP and dehydration.  

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think @A&L_Ont Andrew, Lisa and Owen are going to have to extend their stay in LV for the Parade down the Vegas Strip.......... The Knights are leading big with 1  period to go. 6-1

They are going to be exhausted cheering,  high fiving, jumping up and down every few minutes every time a goal is scored.   Must've got boring after awhile.  9-3,  sheesh. 😉😇

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

They are going to be exhausted cheering,  high fiving, jumping up and down every few minutes every time a goal is scored.   Must've got boring after awhile.  9-3,  sheesh. 😉😇

I'm pretty sure  all three of them lost the voice by now.....

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, mo&fran said:

We now have a new electric range.  About a week ago, DW was in the kitchen preparing dinner, when I heard a boom. Ran into the kitchen. and she was laying on the floor unconscious, and there was what looked like ice all around.  as I got closer, that isn't ice, it is glass. her head had hit the front of the range and the tempered glass on the oven door exploded, glass everywhere. I was calling 911 just she started to wake up. Best guess was that her BP had been a bit low, which our PCP did not think was bad.  

They took her to the ER, since she had a cut on the back of her head. They wanted to keep her over night, she did not want to stay, so she came home.  She is OK now.  

I guess we needed a new range. You probably don't remember, but a couple of years ago, our dishwasher started leaking. She wanted a white dishwasher, so that is what we ordered. That was around Thanksgiving. Come Easter it had still not been able  to get one, so in frustration, she said we get whatever. they had a stainless steel in stock, so that is what we got. 

Here we go again, Not this time.  What do you have in stock. Took a picture and showed DW.  She said looks good. Mostly black with stainless steel trim.

Bought it on Friday, it will delivered om Monday, and it was.

WE have heard a lot of people rave about an air fryer.  That got her interest. Now we have one.

That must have been very scary for you both. Glad to hear she is ok.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

So much to “unpack” from tonight but I will report tomorrow from the plane. Alarm is set for 6:15 and we are beat. 

So glad for you guys to have this experience!!!  

Safe travels home in the morning.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm finally all caught up.   We arrived at our shore house in LBI Saturday morning.  Here for 2 weeks.   Been doing some little projects and enjoying the beautiful weather.   My Brother and SIL are here for the week.   Been to the beach for a couple hours everyday.   Off for a bike ride next.   

@Luckynana

I was going to say, a bike ride in beautiful weather sounds lovely.  Then I saw your subsequent post re you needing Eric to fix your tyre. Hope it’s a quick fix and you are off pedalling again.

Congratulations to Eric on being officially retired.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

In August 2020,a cousin who I was very close to died from cancer.In February 2021 her 39 year old daughter died from MS.Last night her granddaughter graduated college.Although she lived in Calif .she desired to go to a college in NYC where she has many relatives.Toby and I zoomed the graduation 

How lovely you were able to watch the graduation on zoom.  One of the good things to come out of modern technology.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Ahhh childhood memories  - hot metal slippery dips in our Australian summmers.  Painful.

• Like 1