Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

On a much less important subject, picked Minnie up from her surgery to remove the lump on her head.  Got her home and she seemed normal…friendly as always…nudging everything in sight.  

However then she went to the water dish and just immersed first one leg then the other to where she was standing with her front legs totally in the water.  Like puppies sometimes do in their food bowl.  Instead of drinking she started throwing water all over everywhere (thank goodness for porcelain tile floors!)  Then she’d track wet paw prints all over…. I mopped and mopped and finally put a bath towel under the water….

Finally we gave up and took the water dish up.  She’s had wet food so some moisture there…. I’m assuming this is some weird druggy effect.  Hopefully she’ll nap and reboot.  Otherwise call the vet in the morning!

I hope Minnie feels better. With our dogs thank goodness for tile and hardwood floors. If we had carpet when they were puppies it would have been ruined.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Is it to late in the day now to call the vet and inquire if this some kind of side effect?

Yes, too late today.  She stands up and nudges everything if we’re in the kitchen…I just want to get dinner behind us and if we’re just quietly watching TV she’ll probably go to sleep and be better.  The vet tech did say cats react differently to anesthesia…just have never heard of one deciding to swim in the water bowl!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Yes, too late today.  She stands up and nudges everything if we’re in the kitchen…I just want to get dinner behind us and if we’re just quietly watching TV she’ll probably go to sleep and be better.  The vet tech did say cats react differently to anesthesia…just have never heard of one deciding to swim in the water bowl!

I hope Minnie gets a good nights rest and is back to "normal" by morning. 

Did they give her a cone to wear?   

I once had a cat go crazy bonkers trying to run around the house and smash into stuff while high on anesthesia.  I ended up putting her back into cat carrier so she wouldnt hurt herself.   Helped for her to sleep it off.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No, no cone.  It was a very small lump…just required three sutures.  They said cats’ skin heals very quickly and the sutures are really just extra insurance in case they worry the incision.

Diana is not sure what to make of Minnie the wannabe mermaid…

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

On 6/20/2023 at 6:20 PM, Sea Dog said:

Mimi I would ask for music. It doesn’t drown out all the noise but it can help. Also see if they have any larger MRI or open air. Either way I would tell them you may be claustrophobic. I had no idea it would affect me like it did.

I never worried about it before, but I’m older now, and after the cave experience, I am more apprehensive than I used to be. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

There was absolutely NO attempt for humor in my post. It was only an observation of what it must have felt like to be in the that small round tube. I would NEVER make fun of sad situation. I don't know you and you don't know me. My friends here do know me and know I would never make light of that situation. I'm sorry you felt like I was posting in poor taste. I was only stating that I could never go into a sub like that as I am too claustrophobic from my previous MRI experience posted on this thread.

Thank you family for coming to my rescue.

Greg, we have your back!

• Like 16

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re having the worst June weather I can recall.  Temperatures struggle to get out of the low 70’s every day and this is the upcoming forecast: 

IMG_9137.thumb.jpeg.e28ca12eb1b44ecf68904be8837b1925.jpeg

I just hope we get to use our pool this summer!  

I am so not looking forward to this weather !  The rain already started here at noon today....

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We've had no problems with temps in the 80s, but we've had a lot of rain with more thunderstorms predicted every day for the coming week (except currently Sunday).  In Florida, that often just means a brief passing storm in the afternoon, but it's been rainier than that.  Where do I go to get my money back?  Does Florida offer some sort of OBC?  🤣

With Michelline off to be with your daughters, it sounds like your daughter's Wedding Day is soon approaching!  Happy Birthday wishes to your oldest daughter!  Enjoy your bachelor days this week, Bob!

@Lionesss  Baby Zoey is precious, Sue!  Enjoy your walks with her!  It reminds me of when I used to babysit our oldest granddaughter Erin when our daughter lived in Scituate Harbor, Mass.  I would push Erin in the stroller and point out the beauty of where she lived.  I still can't believe that baby has graduated College!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, singinalot said:

ok I feel completely disconnected, and I'm SO SORRY I missed it...but what's going on my friend? 😞

Oh my other knee not the replaced knee is acting up. Going back to the doctor to look into a bone marrow transplant instead of another knee replacement. Had to get a MRI yesterday and found out I’m highly claustrophobic. 25 minutes in a small tube just about drove me crazy. I’m good now but it’s been a stressful 24 hours. Then I made a comment about that as it relates to the poor people trapped in that sub and I got hammered by a poster I don’t know. Everyone here came to my rescue which was incredible. Thanks for asking. I hope you and Nate are good. Loved seeing your Florida pics.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 10

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Definitely not the beach weather I hoped for my Birthday😁

Happy Birthday Debbie!!🎉

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dave, great response.  This thread has been such a great way to discuss good times, bad times and in between times.

I was shocked to read how that person attacked our Greg.  He obviously doesn't know anything about our @Sea Dog

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So I fell behind due to a number of things, including bad side effects from some medications and averaging only 3 hours of sleep per night for the last week.  This is actually the first day I am starting to feel a little better. 

I did manage to push through the last couple days, because we do have our grandson here for the summer.  How about some wildlife photos from the last couple days. 

And this wildlife, evidently holding up a rock ledge 

IMG_7636.thumb.jpeg.36df017d4064eaa7ef3f715c6c79426d.jpeg

Tonight, we are heading to a concert and some good old festival food. 

I'm glad you're beginning to feel better and have been able to take Lucas around for your Nature walks.  He looks very strong, to be holding up this huge rock ledge!  Enjoy your concert this evening.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

No, no cone.  It was a very small lump…just required three sutures.  They said cats’ skin heals very quickly and the sutures are really just extra insurance in case they worry the incision.

Diana is not sure what to make of Minnie the wannabe mermaid…

I hope Minnie feels better in the morning...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They put a cone on Bobby once for a skin rash. He had it off before I had even finished paying the bill at the front desk. 🤣

I hope Minnie is back to her usual sweet self by tomorrow. 

My MRI experience. I'm a wimp. It was for my back injury. It was hot, I was in pain, and the ceiling of the tube was right in my face. He did the first set and I started whimpering. The tech asked if I was okay, and I said, No. By then I was crying because I knew I had to do it. He pulled me out. 

The tech said I should get drugs and try again the next day. The snotty receptionist at the Dr's office said, "We ASKED you if you were claustrophobic." I told her, I didn't know I was. But they had me pick up a valium pill. 

The next day I took the pill. I had my mom take me and had her stand near the end of the tube and read to me while it was going on. She was reading "Out of Africa". And she just started with the first chapter in between the banging. I had a farm in Africa...Just hearing her voice calmed down. But it was not pleasant. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 9

30 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday Debbie!!🎉

Thank you❣️

I casually slipped that into my post and wondered if anyone read it earlier today.🤗  

Even with less than perfect weather I've had a nice day.  Nice dinner at Black Whale with oysters and scallops then we tried new homemade ice cream place (yummy).   Ending the night with a pitcher of mojitos watching final season of Succession. 

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 11

21 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday Debbie!!🎉

I was shocked to read how that person attacked our Greg.  He obviously doesn't know anything about our @Sea Dog

Thank you Maryann! You are the best.

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

They put a cone on Bobby once for a skin rash. He had it off before I had even finished paying the bill at the front desk. 🤣

My MRI experience. I'm a wimp. It was for my back injury. It was hot, I was in pain, and the ceiling of the tube was right in my face. He did the first set and I started whimpering. The tech asked if I was okay, and I said, No. By then I was crying because I knew I had to do it. He pulled me out. 

The tech said I should get drugs and try again the next day. The snotty receptionist at the Dr's office said, "We ASKED you if you were claustrophobic." I told her, I didn't know I was. But they had me pick up a valium pill. 

The next day I took the pill. I had my mom take me and had her stand near the end of the tube and read to me while it was going on. She was reading "Out of Africa". And she just started with the first chapter in between the banging. I had a farm in Africa...Just hearing her voice calmed down. But it was not pleasant. 

Patti you are not a wimp at all. I can totally relate to what you went through. I think even with valium I don't think I could handle it. I have never been in claustrophobic situation so I'm like you and checked no on the box. If I ever have another I will try and find an open MRI machine. I am not doing that again. Thanks for sharing your experience. You are not alone my friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you❣️

I casually slipped that into my post and wandered if anyone read it.🤗  

Even with less than perfect weather I've had a nice day.  Nice dinner at Black Whale with oysters and scallops then we tried new homemade ice cream place (yummy).   Ending the night with a pitcher of mojitos watching final season of Succession. 

Sorry Debbie I am late to the party as it is easy to miss things in this ever fast paced thread. But I do hope you had a great Birthday. I hope you had a great trip around the sun this past year and I raise my glass to you and say "Cheers" to you and have a great next trip around the sun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you❣️

I casually slipped that into my post and wondered if anyone read it earlier today.🤗  

Debbie, happy birthday.  May all your birthday wishes come true!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I had a bad experience attempting to take an MRI for back pain.  Before I was "wheeled in" I questioned how small the tube looked.  This was not my first MRI and I thought I was familiar with what size it should be.  The tech told me it was fine so against my better judgement I agreed.  I was wheeled totally in and all of a sudden, I felt a breeze blowing on my face and it seemed that my face was almost touching the top of the tube.  I felt trapped which I never felt before when I took previous MRIs.  I quickly hit the panic button and when I was wheeled out, I was told that the "regular" MRI was out of order.  I'm sure I was placed in  a child's MRI if there is such a thing.  

After that experience I found a place that had sitting MRIs.  I sat with the mechanism surrounding me.  I had a choice of what tv programs to watch and chose Judge Judy which I couldn't hear since I had to remove my hearing aids.  I later was told by my back doctor that those sitting MRIs have been known to not be very accurate.  I was lucky.  He was able to determine my problem. Not serious at all.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thank you❣️

Let me add my Happy birthday wishes. 🎂🎉🥂

• Thanks 1

Thank you❣️

Another Gemini!  ☺️ Congratulations and Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a nice one. ☺️Edit: I guess we've moved on to the next astrological sign of Cancer. Happy Birthday! 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2023 at 1:40 AM, Coralc said:

I don't really want to get into it Renee. But one of the people I used to inspect at a plant nursery was going through a divorce. He killed his wife. Which was horrible enough. But then he took his 5-year-old daughter to the GG Bridge and threw her off before he jumped himself. It just gives me nightmares and nets would have helped. I am a big proponent of the nets. That was the first thing I noticed about the Sydney Bridge. 

Our family has been greatly impacted by Bill's brother's suicide. It was not a bridge thing. No matter the method, it just so affects the people that are left behind. 

I did read about that man and what he did. So sorry to hear about Bill’s brother. Suicide is terrible all the way around.

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

IMG_9137.thumb.jpeg.e28ca12eb1b44ecf68904be8837b1925.jpeg

I just hope we get to use our pool this summer!  

I would love to have that kind of weather here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here in PA and NJ.     We keep going thru a couple of nice warm sunny days then a couple of chilly rainy days.     Here in LBI the high is 65f with a feel like of 62f and winds up to 25 mph and light rain on and off up thru Friday.      I don't remember temps ever being this low this time of year (First Day of Summer)

Definitely not the beach weather I hoped for my Birthday😁

Happy birthday Debbie.

29700746.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you❣️

Happy Birthday from me, too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you❣️

Happy Birthday Debbie from our home as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1