Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Judy so much. I’m glad that your husband is doing well post surgery. If nothing else if I have surgery in November maybe by the time our flight boards before our April Celebrity cruise I can get pre boarding status on Southwest Airlines.

You should be good to cruise .The holidays might be a problem, though.  Let your friends entertain you this year .  The problem with wheelchair assist is that there are so many requesting the service on ships.  When we were on HAL it was a mess.  I finally had to voice my concern to get off the ship . 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1

Just now, NHProud said:

You should be good to cruise in April.  The holidays might be a problem, though.  Let your friends entertain you this year .  The problem with wheelchair assist is that there are so many requesting the service on ships.  When we were on HAL it was a mess.  I finally had to voice my concern to get off the ship . 

I wouldn’t do for onboard just cheating a little to get a better seat with the cattle call boarding on SW airlines. I really won’t do it as many people abuse the pre boarding status already . I will not be that bad hopefully.  Plus I don’t want to be “that guy.” But it’s tempting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I'm starting to wonder if they are trying to do away with the UDP. 

Ours isn’t bad it’s 533 total including grats for the two of us , 7 day cruise on harmony in November. This was listed at 50 percent off.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thats great you never had any knee issues. My dad had horrible knees and my doctor brother has had the bone marrow transplant in both his knees. I guess it runs in the family having bad knees.

My late mam had both her knees replaced and one was done twice.

It runs in her family and my brother had a hip replacement.

My dad's mam was Italian and he had no joint issues.

• Like 4

Just now, grapau27 said:

My late mam had both her knees replaced and one was done twice.

It runs in her family and my brother had a hip replacement.

My dad's mam was Italian and he had no joint issues.

Wow I hate the thought of having one done twice. That would not be fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Sea Dog

I'm sure you've thought of this already but just to throw it out there - we are more than halfway to Christmas. Is it too early to start putting up the holiday decorations, lest you have any mobility issues this autumn?🙂😉  Hopefully you won't & can do it all yourself but I used to be a Cub Scout so the motto is "Be Prepared".  😇

I expect to see holiday decorations appearing in the stores anytime after 4th of July. 😆 And I look forward to seeing this years pictures of your beautifully decorated house later this year.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

@Sea Dog

I'm sure you've thought of this already but just to throw it out there - we are more than halfway to Christmas. Is it too early to start putting up the holiday decorations, lest you have any mobility issues this autumn?🙂😉  Hopefully you won't & can do it all yourself but I used to be a Cub Scout so the motto is "Be Prepared".  😇

I expect to see holiday decorations appearing in the stores anytime after 4th of July. 😆 And I look forward to seeing this years pictures of your beautifully decorated house later this year.

I’ve already been thinking about that as Saturday was “Leon” Day (halfway to Christmas and the reverse of “Noel.” Probably what I would do is put the trees up in October before our cruise and then I probably would have to leave them up for some time after Christmas since I couldn’t take them down. That’s fine with me. I might have to scale down my decorating for this year.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Today is our anniversary.

I get to pick my own roses

50DE5328-6499-4AD4-9231-EDB34E9B753C.thumb.jpeg.870dfce0f845b78624e93249513cf6f5.jpeg

And candy

2FC783DD-6FEC-4074-99A1-043AC833C51E.thumb.jpeg.848f08e88d676c6f53ed2dec61c4d3f4.jpeg

`

64A34E6A-E434-406B-9F16-C63352E3826D.thumb.jpeg.79dbbafd18ccb32412578e1262c8c8cc.jpeg

Me is one lucky gal, I am.  LOL

Happy anniversary ! You have good taste .  I have a box of Sees chocolates on my table in front of me and I’ll have one in your honor ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are thinking about booking Embassy Suites.  Last I looked it was $165 per night and we can use credit cards points.    Did you like this location?   Is it in good condition?

The condition is fine. I love the location. It is close to the pier and the free trolley stop is right in front of the hotel. You can take it into Ybor City. Publix is a short walk away. 

It was our first and last cruise in March during Spring Break. The ES was $300+/ night at that time. The airfare was also ridiculous. But we wanted to sail with our friends. ☺️

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@FromSea2ShiningSea  Happy Anniversary wished to you and Marty! Helen I hope you two have a great celebration. Cheers to both of you today and wishes for many more celebrations.

I think this song is appropriate.

How fun and upbeat!  Thank you for that, Greg!  Love that song…It’s perfect for today!  You know, I just found out a few days ago that Little Rive Band was from Australia.  I did not know that.  I love that band.

32 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Anniversary Helen & Marty 🎉🍾🥂!

Thank you, Deb!  🥂

28 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Happy Anniversary from me🍾

Greg, so sorry for your pain and Linda’s.  Hopefully, the second knee will be easier,

Thank you, Marietta!  🥂

26 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Happy anniversary ! You have good taste .  I have a box of Sees chocolates on my table in front of me and I’ll have one in your honor ! 

Great!  Cheers to See’s!  I picked Almond Truffle, Dark Almond and Dark Nougat.  Enjoy yours!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely Lexus car for Lisa Andrew.

Thanks Graham. She likes it.

We spent some time setting our home address in the Nav and radio stations when we got home. A big difference, the display screen is 14” and maybe double in size over the old one. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 7