Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We lived on South 2nd Street in Williamsburg before moving to Manhattan or NY as mom used to say.  It seems like we have quite a few similarities in our lives.

Toby lived on Lee and Rodney Then her parents and sister moved to Coney Island.My mother wanted to live in the Hillman (Amalgamated  Houses) but my father wanted to move to Brooklyn .

39 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We lived on South 2nd Street in Williamsburg before moving to Manhattan or NY as mom used to say.  It seems like we have quite a few similarities in our lives.

When my parents were dating my mother lived on South 5 St and my father on South 4th.Street.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I grew up in Brooklyn .I worked in all 5 boroughs My friends and I never referred to Manhattan as “the city.”

Interesting. I also lived and worked in various boroughs and that was not my experience. Who knows. Different times, different experiences. 

Best to you. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Echocardiogram and heart biopsy were excellent.  Doctors were pleased with those results.  Ekg still abnormal, pressure still high.  He called and sounded better.  OB, is it possible the radioactive injection from the pet scan can mess with pressure and stuff?

I think reactions to the radio active tracer are rather rare. However, it is possible to have allergic type reactions especially if they used an iodine based tracer. So my answer to your question is yes it is possible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Greg @Sea Dog.

Sending Linda our best wishes for her operation today.

I also hope your knee pain has eased considerably.

Graham.

Thanks Graham. Took her to get checked in at 5:30am and came back home to let the dogs out. I’ll head back to hospital in an hour. Surgery should take about an hour and 15 minutes. She’s not nervous but I didn’t sleep at all last night. Got about 2 hours sleep. Looks like today after I get her home we will both be sleeping. Thank you for your care. Wish I could say my knee pain is better but it’s not.

5 hours ago, CrzLvr2 said:

Greg @Sea Dog I just wanted to let you know that I have said prayers for Linda and her surgeon. Hoping 🙏🏻that this morning’s surgery is successful and that her recovery goes well. 
Take care,

Sue

Thanks Sue. Everything should go well. I know she is glad to be having this surgery done. She has had so much pain in her hand.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1 😘 to Linda  @Sea Dog

Thanks just talked to surgeon and he said everything went fantastic. He did say she had severe arthritis in the joint by her thumb. Hopefully she won’t be in too much pain but they gave prescribed some good pain meds. She will be in a cast for several weeks then fitted with a brace that she will wear for 3 months. She can’t lift anything with that hand for 3 months either. Since it’s on her right hand and she’s right handed I guess she will learn to be a lefty like me.😁 Thanks everyone for the well wishes!!!!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

14 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Echocardiogram and heart biopsy were excellent.  Doctors were pleased with those results.  Ekg still abnormal, pressure still high.  He called and sounded better.

Marietta, with my very very limited medical knowledge, I'm also very pleased 😘 I was very worried, especially when reading "heart biopsy" 😢....

Again, hopefully, the BP will be "restrained" quickly. 🤞

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks just talked to surgeon and he said everything went fantastic. He did say she had severe arthritis in the joint by her thumb. Hopefully she won’t be in too much pain but they gave prescribed some good pain meds. She will be in a cast for several weeks then fitted with a brace that she will wear for 3 months. She can’t lift anything with that hand for 3 months either. Since it’s on her right hand and she’s right handed I guess she will learn to be a lefty like me.😁 Thanks everyone for the well wishes!!!!

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

The heart biopsy is to check the pressures of your heart.  They go through the neck and snip a piece of the heart and that gets biopsied.  This also will tell if there is any rejection going on.  
Once again, thank you all🥰

Glad to hear Linda and Charlie are doing OK.  Hoping they are both recovered soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1