Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

11:30 is fine. Just take your time and have something to eat at the hotel. They probably won't care if you get there earlier either. ☺️

I wish I could be like that. Unfortunately I’m like a kid on Christmas morning wanting to run downstairs and open presents.

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I'm glad you posted this, Every week I start the sign in process to get a time, with the hope that I can make it on board. I almost forgot this week.  And I did get 11:30.  Last week I think I got noon. 

Cannot wait for this treatment to be over and this nasty disease to be gone. 

I second that. I can’t wait for you to ring that bell.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wouldn't worry about it. No one has looked at my checkin time for my past 3-4 cruises.

I think it is annoying that RCI has turned themselves into Southwest Airlines when it comes to checkin.

I couldn’t agree more OB.

36 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

True.
That is how they (hope to) curb crowds that arrive even before the terminal gate opens.😁

We prefer to pick the afternoon time...between 1 pm to 2 pm. Have observed that there are no or almost no lines before security and inside. I wouldn't put myself through this extra stress of setting the alarm to get an early check in 😁. Now if they had it really like "open cabin" first come first serve, like open seating on South West, perhaps I would reconsider!!!!!

My only reason for wanting to get on board early is to get all my specialty restaurant reservations. If we could do it via the cruise planner when we buy the specialty package that would help.

31 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

For our B2B on Freedom the earliest we could get is 11:30 and we had all our info ready when we signed in at 12am. 

I had all my scanned documents in a folder ready to go which helped speed up the process.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My only reason for wanting to get on board early is to get all my specialty restaurant reservations. If we could do it via the cruise planner when we buy the specialty package that would help.

Good luck Greg! Take it easy and enjoy the cruise.
I agree it would be much easier if one could reserve dining dates via cruise planner.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Good luck Greg! Take it easy and enjoy the cruise.
I agree it would be much easier if one could reserve dining dates via cruise planner.

Oh I will. Once I get those restaurant reservations done and also our MDR reservations since we like to eat at a specific time and have the same waiters I will be great.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And I like to get my first Windjammer lunch before the crowd arrives.

This cruise we got the Key. I enjoy the Chops menu in the MDR for a leisurely lunch before cabins open up.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well we got checked in for our Adventure October 21st Sailing. Oh how I hate refreshing and refreshing just waiting for that option to appear. I alternated between the app and the cruise planner on my computer. The computer opened up first. I started at 11pm CST and finally got in about 3-4 minutes after 11pm which was 12am Florida time. I was under the impression you could bypass all the information editing and go straight to pick your boarding time but it wouldn't let me even if I clicked on fill guest information later. I got a boarding time of 11:30am which was the earliest listed but I thought on previous cruises there was a 10:30 slot. I don't know if I took too long and the 10:30's got full or maybe 11:30 is the earliest. Any ideas????

I too like to get those early check in times.  Of course, my theory is the earlier you give them your bags, the earlier they will show up at your cabin.  

I won’t say it has usually worked out that way, because I don’t want to jinx it.   

I already have my reminder set for check in for our Symphony cruise, and check in is not till November 1.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh I will. Once I get those restaurant reservations done and also our MDR reservations since we like to eat at a specific time and have the same waiters I will be great.

This cruise we got the Key. I enjoy the Chops menu in the MDR for a leisurely lunch before cabins open up.

We like the key for that along with being able to drop stuff off early.  The final morning is much more relaxed with the key too.

• Like 3

This has been the hottest summer since moving to Dallas in 1982 , 50 days of 100 plus and will stay there for the next couple of days at least . I have finally surpassed one of my lifetime goals , the number of cruises I have taken now surpassed my age 😁😁😁

• Like 13

Just now, Keksie said:

We like the key for that along with being able to drop stuff off early.  The final morning is much more relaxed with the key too.

Totally agree. Even though we give all of our suitcases to the porters we have to carry our backpacks all around with us. It’s nice to be able to leave our backpacks with the Key people and have them delivered to our cabin. I also like the disembarkation breakfast that has steak and eggs on the menu. Our flights home are usually in the afternoon so no rush to get off the ship early.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I too like to get those early check in times.  Of course, my theory is the earlier you give them your bags, the earlier they will show up at your cabin.  

I won’t say it has usually worked out that way, because I don’t want to jinx it.   

I already have my reminder set for check in for our Symphony cruise, and check in is not till November 1.

We have to check in at 0200 CT for cruises.  DH did it last time and we still got 1130.  I like to get there and get on the ship too.  Bags usually come earlier.  And hotels are making you leave earlier too, often by 1100.  We’ll try for 1100 on the day and see what happens.  Right now Radiance in broken and sitting in Seward.  They have a month to fix her for us.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Thanks everyone for the comments and reaching out! I have received all of the notifications and can’t tell you how much I appreciate them! Thankfully, no damage from the hurricane.

Fantastic news Crystal !

25 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Thanks everyone for the comments and reaching out! I have received all of the notifications and can’t tell you how much I appreciate them! Thankfully, no damage from the hurricane.

I was hoping that was the case.  I have been talking with someone in my Fitbit walking group who lives in your area.  Their house is at 12.5 feet, and they had water over their dock, but nothing more than normal summer storm damage.  

They left their boat secured and their house secured, since they are leaving for an Alaska cruise this week. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well we got checked in for our Adventure October 21st Sailing. Oh how I hate refreshing and refreshing just waiting for that option to appear. I alternated between the app and the cruise planner on my computer. The computer opened up first. I started at 11pm CST and finally got in about 3-4 minutes after 11pm which was 12am Florida time. I was under the impression you could bypass all the information editing and go straight to pick your boarding time but it wouldn't let me even if I clicked on fill guest information later. I got a boarding time of 11:30am which was the earliest listed but I thought on previous cruises there was a 10:30 slot. I don't know if I took too long and the 10:30's got full or maybe 11:30 is the earliest. Any ideas????

It's getting real, Greg!!!!  I'm sure your excitement is mounting!!🚢

6 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I'm glad you posted this, Every week I start the sign in process to get a time, with the hope that I can make it on board. I almost forgot this week.  And I did get 11:30.  Last week I think I got noon. 

Cannot wait for this treatment to be over and this nasty disease to be gone. 

Positive thoughts for you!!🙏

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Things like athleticism, intelligence, food preferences or allergies, tendency towards wrinkles or freckles, even type of ear wax!  LOL

I think I'm going to have to find something that is audio-recording rather than written word.  My bio-dad isn't much for writing things down, but he loves to tell a story verbally.  

There are different types of ear wax???🤔🫢

That would be great if you could find an audio-recording along with suggested questions!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

There are different types of ear wax???🤔🫢

Right?  Who knew?  That was one of my "bonus freebie traits" a couple months ago.... gee, thanks a lot!  LOL

I never know what kind of "gem" I'll find in my inbox each week! 🤣

Earwax Type

There are two kinds of earwax -- dry and wet. The former is common in East Asians while the latter is frequently seen in European and African populations. Recently, a SNP that acts as the determinant of earwax type was identified in the ABCC11 gene. Interestingly, axillary osmidrosis -- the clinical term for intense armpit odor -- is associated with the wet earwax genotype at the identified SNP in ABCC11.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen’s first day of grade 11.  He gets on the bus at 7am.

Lucy is wondering what is he doing up so early. 

IMG_9527.thumb.jpeg.5c4ce03591647acc703fd2bfe286dce8.jpeg

I hope Owen has a fantastic year. Tell him hi from Sea Dog and best wishes.

• Like 1

Just now, George C said:

Diamond plus gives you another free drink daily 😁😁

LOl! You know where I'm going don't you. I figure in less than 10 cruises (I will have to do a couple junior suites to get two points each night) I can reach Diamond Plus and then not have to buy the drink package. That would save us a tone of money.

• Like 3