Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Getting ready to head to Cincinnati for our daughter's wedding this weekend.  I'll be offline for a few days.  As far as we can tell, everything is ready to go!  Put the finishing touches on my father of the bride toast yesterday.  My only concern at this point is the father-daughter dance.  My daughter went with I'll be your Man by the Zac Brown Band.  The lyrics are great but it's not a traditional slow dance (she doesn't want that) and the beat is somewhere between fast and slow.  I still have to figure out how to dance to that song.  🤷‍♂️🕺

Congratulations! Enjoy the wedding.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Getting ready to head to Cincinnati for our daughter's wedding this weekend.  I'll be offline for a few days.  As far as we can tell, everything is ready to go!  Put the finishing touches on my father of the bride toast yesterday.  My only concern at this point is the father-daughter dance.  My daughter went with I'll be your Man by the Zac Brown Band.  The lyrics are great but it's not a traditional slow dance (she doesn't want that) and the beat is somewhere between fast and slow.  I still have to figure out how to dance to that song.  🤷‍♂️🕺

Have a wonderful wedding weekend!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Congratulations on your daughter’s wedding and have a great weekend. I’m sure part of it will be hard as she will always be daddy’s little girl. I’m sure you will be great with the dance. Are you doing one of those choreography type dances? Seems like that’s quite the rage now a days. Either way you will do great. Post pictures as we would love to share in your special day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2023 at 3:42 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Here is the rest of the schedule so tomorrow is a cruising day. It’s going by way to fast.

9-04  CRUISING

9-05  PRINS CHRISTIAN SUND  2:30 - 8:30

9-06  QAQORTOQ, GREENLAND  7:00 - 4:00  

9-07  CRUISING

9-08  ST.JOHN'S, NEWFOUNDLAND  2:30 - 10:00

9-09  CRUISING

9-10  HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA  7:00 - 5:00  

9-11  SYDNEY, NOVA SCOTIA  10:00 - 8:00

9-12  CRUISING

9-13  CRUISING

9-14  CAPE LIBERTY, NJ 7:00am

Should be one of the highlights of your cruise sailing through the Prins Christian Sund this afternoon, I have seen  a few Youtube videos of cruise ships sailing through there. Really amazing.

Tomorrow if you get a chance when you are in QAQORTOQ could please check on how the weather is when you are there. We will be there on the 22nd of this month. Not sure to just bring layers or a real heavy coat? I'm pretty sure though to be put on deck late at night watching/looking for the Northern Lights the heavy coat might come in handy. 🙂

Also if you get a chance if you see or hear of anyone taking the excursion through Royal called "Qaqortoq Town Walk" Ask them if it was worth it or is it pretty much something we could do on our own.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Congratulations!  I bet your toast and dance will be wonderful, always so sentimental.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to the Bride,Groom and families.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations to the bride & groom and have a fantastic weekend. 

And if a video of the father- daughter dance makes it to CC, that'll make our weekend. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope your daughter has a fabulous wedding.

happy-wedding-congratulations.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Should be one of the highlights of your cruise sailing through the Prins Christian Sund this afternoon, I have seen  a few Youtube videos of cruise ships sailing through there. Really amazing.

Tomorrow if you get a chance when you are in QAQORTOQ could please check on how the weather is when you are there. We will be there on the 22nd of this month. Not sure to just bring layers or a real heavy coat? I'm pretty sure though to be put on deck late at night watching/looking for the Northern Lights the heavy coat might come in handy. 🙂

Also if you get a chance if you see or hear of anyone taking the excursion through Royal called "Qaqortoq Town Walk" Ask them if it was worth it or is it pretty much something we could do on our own.

Jim , I had previously sent you a couple of these pics . So , I’m assuming you didn’t see them .  My friend had a lovely time in Greenland.  Their ship was accompanied by an icebreaker the whole time they were there including going through Prins Christian Sund . 

IMG-3191.jpeg

IMG-3230.jpeg

IMG-3266.jpeg

IMG-3268.jpeg

IMG-3274.jpeg

IMG-3242.jpeg

IMG-3255.jpeg

• Like 16

Have a blast and congrats to all.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We are going thru Prins Christian Sund right now. I’ll let you know what I find out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Best wishes to all.  I am sure whatever you decide on your daughter will love.   Looking forward to any pictures you can share.

• Thanks 1

For those that have boarded lately in Bayonne(Cape Liberty), when checking in at the port? Do they come around with I-pads and checked you in or do they still do it the old way at the counters/desk?

I'm asking because we did not upload our pictures when checking in online. Just wondering where that is done at now in Bayonne Port?

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

For those that have boarded lately in Bayonne(Cape Liberty), when checking in at the port? Do they come around with I-pads and checked you in or do they still do it the old way at the counters/desk?

I'm asking because we did not upload our pictures when checking in online. Just wondering where that is done at now in Bayonne Port?

Last time we boarded from there was January 2023.

No one with ipad to check us in (like it was before). There were also no lines. This was later on in the day.....we are not early boarders.

Picture was taken at check in counter. There were no lines there either. Took 5 minutes and we then ushered towards the suite entrance to the left....don't know why, we did not have a suite and D + get no priority now so he must have liked my smile or was thoroughly bored since there were not that many people using his side to board.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So the medical issue on BD turned out to be....

@A&L_Ont you hit it.

BD Med starts Sept 25. I have to cover a football game that night.🤨

Lots of repeat crew on BD Med.  Tumi is chief stew, her first time in the role, Natalya and Kyle are back as stews and Luka, who we are now watching on BD Downunder, is on deck.  Plus, Captain Kate who it looks like has a medical issue.  You should be able to catch it sometime during the week, it is played a bunch of times or stream it.  I have it set to record each week on the DVR.

As far as BD Downunder, Culver is useless and really needs to go.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Lots of repeat crew on BD Med.  Tumi is chief stew, her first time in the role, Natalya and Kyle are back as stews and Luka, who we are now watching on BD Downunder, is on deck.  Plus, Captain Kate who it looks like has a medical issue.  You should be able to catch it sometime during the week, it is played a bunch of times or stream it.  I have it set to record each week on the DVR.

As far as BD Downunder, Culver is useless and really needs to go.

Thanks for the info. Culvert is useless and that stupid thing with the card was so juvenile. You don't put someone in such an awkward position. There is also something odd about his smile, sort of like there are too many teeth in his mouth.🤔

I also didn't appreciate what those women were allowed to do with the deck crew at that dinner. Imagine if it had been male guests treating the female crew like that? Maybe I'm just getting old.🫥

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks for the info. Culvert is useless and that stupid thing with the card was so juvenile. You don't put someone in such an awkward position. There is also something odd about his smile, sort of like there are too many teeth in his mouth.🤔

I also didn't appreciate what those women were allowed to do with the deck crew at that dinner. Imagine if it had been male guests treating the female crew like that? Maybe I'm just getting old.🫥

I agree, enough with those bathing suits.  I was really surprised that Captain Jason participated in that in the past.  I also think them serving food off of crew members, as they have done in the past, should be stopped too.  Downunder was better when they featured scuba diving and snorkeling.

• Like 4

@Jimbo We boarded the Celebrity Summit at the beginning of this past June.

We arrived late (for us) at 1:30 due to a glitch in the car service taking us to the port.

It worked out nicely though as there were no lines to get in the terminal. We were directed to a person standing before the counter area. She checked our information from our phone where we had entered our photos. We did not have to go to the counter. After processing with the iPad, we went directly to the elevators to the gangway and onto the ship-easy peasy!

If you are going on a RC ship, you may experience a different check in process as I would think there would be more passengers than those going on the Summit

Posting our photos on the Celebrity app was simple and could have made the boarding process easier-not sure.

Bon voyage to you and your DW !

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So the medical issue on BD turned out to be....

@A&L_Ont you hit it.

BD Med starts Sept 25. I have to cover a football game that night.🤨

Just watching right now. It seems as though his friends have seen this before. We too are looking forward to BD Med in a few weeks. Unfortunately you will catch up on it after the fact. 

3 hours ago, NHProud said:

Jim , I had previously sent you a couple of these pics . So , I’m assuming you didn’t see them .  My friend had a lovely time in Greenland.  Their ship was accompanied by an icebreaker the whole time they were there including going through Prins Christian Sund . 

Beautiful photos. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Congratulations to you all. Hopefully we get to see a photo or two from the wedding. Your daughter picked a great song. 

• Thanks 1