Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog I love your enthusiasm for Cruising and Christmas. Glad you get to share it with us here.  

Thanks! They are two of my very favorite things. I’m actually looking forward to getting knee replacement right before the holidays as it will mean less holiday activities but more time watching holiday movies.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Today we went to the memorial service for our Good Friend, Mike.   Was a very nice service.

His Family is doing well and all said how much relief they feel as they know he hated living stuck in limbo.  

He is in a much better place now.  

It was nice to see some old friends I haven't seen in years.  We all agreed to stay in touch instead of meeting up at these type of gatherings.

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Should be one of the highlights of your cruise sailing through the Prins Christian Sund this afternoon, I have seen  a few Youtube videos of cruise ships sailing through there. Really amazing.

Tomorrow if you get a chance when you are in QAQORTOQ could please check on how the weather is when you are there. We will be there on the 22nd of this month. Not sure to just bring layers or a real heavy coat? I'm pretty sure though to be put on deck late at night watching/looking for the Northern Lights the heavy coat might come in handy. 🙂

Also if you get a chance if you see or hear of anyone taking the excursion through Royal called "Qaqortoq Town Walk" Ask them if it was worth it or is it pretty much something we could do on our own.

I would definitely do layers and bring the coat depending on just how heavy and if you have room. It can get very cold on deck in the middle of the night especially if there’s any wind. If you do the faces thing go to “Jewel Of The Seas August 28, 2023 Arctic Circle” and join. You can see more info and pictures there. I just posted your question on there about the Qaqortpq Town Walk. I’ll let you know what people say about it. Unfortunately, I didn’t go into Qaqortoq. I haven’t left the cabin in the last 3 days. 😞  I did at least drag my tush out to the balcony for a while when we were going thru Prins Christian Sund yesterday. It is very beautiful.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 6

Just now, brillohead said:

I love watching this guy's videos for some odd reason... he seems like a super sweet person who really cares about his customers, and his accent is lovely to listen to as well.  They use a variety of different tools, from "tweezers" to "scoops" to "vacuum tubes", and the before and after shots are really amazing.

I think I would really love doing this job, if this was a thing here in the USA (without having to go to medical school and specializing in ENT, etc.). Something very satisfying about it, kinda like draining pus from an abscess.  

Omg! 🫣 That’s huge.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 6:12 PM, ReneeFLL said:

That’s great news.

I’m surprised I’m not as cold as I thought I would be. At the falls I only wore a long sleeve shirt and was fine. Today in Isafjordur the temps were in the forties and the sun wasn’t shining. Walked around town in a long sleeve shirt, my hat and scarf on and my packable (so it’s not very thick) down jacket (which I also just bought) tied around my waist. I think I was the only one not wearing a jacket. Everyone else was bundled up. Not really sure why I haven’t been freezing like I thought I would be. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I think I know why I wasn’t cold like everyone else. On Saturday I started feeling a little tired and blah. I figured things were catching up to me. The next day was the same, but I thought some fresh air would be good. We walked around Isafjordur and went to a beer brewing place for a beer. It’s right by the port. This is the day everyone was bundled up except me. I should have known something wasn’t right. After getting back to the ship I really felt bad. I’ve been holed up in the cabin since then and haven’t left. Taking cold meds which have helped me feel a little better, but still feel like crap. Hopefully tomorrow I will start improving. I’m going absolutely stir crazy since I didn’t bring anything with me to do. I can only read so much and play so many puzzles.

Just now, Luckynana said:

I hope you feel better, Renee!  Not fun being on a ship while not feeling so well.

Thanks, it does suck. As much as I would love to be in my bed and with my kitties while I’m sick, it’s nice to see the ocean and have the rocking of the ship.

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

+1. Get well soon @ReneeFLL

Thanks.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I think I know why I wasn’t cold like everyone else. On Saturday I started feeling a little tired and blah. I figured things were catching up to me. The next day was the same, but I thought some fresh air would be good. We walked around Isafjordur and went to a beer brewing place for a beer. It’s right by the port. This is the day everyone was bundled up except me. I should have known something wasn’t right. After getting back to the ship I really felt bad. I’ve been holed up in the cabin since then and haven’t left. Taking cold meds which have helped me feel a little better, but still feel like crap. Hopefully tomorrow I will start improving. I’m going absolutely stir crazy since I didn’t bring anything with me to do. I can only read so much and play so many puzzles.

Thanks, it does suck. As much as I would love to be in my bed and with my kitties while I’m sick, it’s nice to see the ocean and have the rocking of the ship.

Thanks.

That’s too bad to be sick on such an itinerary.  I hope you are better tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just now, #55worktoplay said:

That’s too bad to be sick on such an itinerary.  I hope you are better tomorrow.

Thanks, I do too.

Just now, jmh2006 said:

@ReneeFLL Oh no Renee!  Feel better soon!

Thanks.

Just now, Coralc said:

I hope you feel better soon @ReneeFLL It stinks to not feel good on vacation. And it happens a lot on long cruises. 😒

Thanks. We were on an excursion and there were so many people coughing and sneezing. There was one lady that was particularly bad who was one row back and across the aisle. I wished I could have held my breath the entire time. There were 50 something people packed in there. It was the time we stayed an extra night in Akureyri and Reykjavik was canceled. Everyone was scrambling to book something else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

After getting back to the ship I really felt bad. I’ve been holed up in the cabin since then and haven’t left. Taking cold meds which have helped me feel a little better, but still feel like crap. Hopefully tomorrow I will start improving.

I'm so sorry Renee. I hope you get some relief quickly. Hang in there.

On 9/3/2023 at 12:25 PM, ReneeFLL said:

No one told us in the P lounge, but we didn’t really need any more drinks anyway. If they announced it on the ships it must have been mayhem.

I don’t think I’ve gotten any notifications of any more posts. I’ll need to go and check it out. The Wizard Of Oz will be great to see.

@ReneeFLL Hope you feel better soon!

17 hours ago, singinalot said:

Thanks everyone for the comments and reaching out! I have received all of the notifications and can’t tell you how much I appreciate them! Thankfully, no damage from the hurricane.

That is fantastic news Crystal.

I'm pleased to hear you are both safe and your house suffered no damage from the hurricane.

Paulines best friend is flying to Orlando then traveling to Cape Coral on Sunday for 3 week's 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@DaniDanielle. Did you book Oasis for Sunday?

We are keeping an eye on Hurricane Lee, far too early to see what will come of it for our Serenade sailing leaving next Tuesday.

We decided Charlie really isn’t ready for a cruise yet.  I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy!!!!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

After getting back to the ship I really felt bad. I’ve been holed up in the cabin since then and haven’t left. Taking cold meds which have helped me feel a little better, but still feel like crap. Hopefully tomorrow I will start improving.

Oh no! I'm sorry you're sick on your cruise. 😞

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Hoping you are feeling better soon.  Not fun to be stuck in the cabin.

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks.

I hope you are feeling better quickly.