Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

@dani negreanu Thank you for updating us.  My heart goes out to you and your family.  I can't imagine what you are going through and am a loss for words as to what to say.  You are in my prayers. 🙏🏻

I haven't said much because I also really have no words. I also know that if I delve into world politics I'll be rolling the Monopoly dice. Watching the news today was truly sickening.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack asked his sister the same thing knowing there are going to be shortages.  So far since yesterday, her place is well stocked.  Not sure how long that will last.  

And thank you for popping in and updating us.  I know your mind is elsewhere. 😢

Greg, here's hoping things work out for you and Linda in time for your cruise.  So sorry to hear about Linda's brother.

Marietta, thank you very much!  I'm sorry he's going through such a difficult time.  I hope his family is well.

Thank you Bonnie!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well it’s always something. Things getting hectic as we are preparing to leave for our cruise next Thursday. Of course something always happens. The other night I woke to a weird feeling in my top front tooth. I thought I might have some food stuck but after inspection my front tooth is chipped. I have no idea how it happened unless I may grind my teeth at night. So I’m seeing another dentist today. As my dentist is out sick. I hope to get it fixed before we leave.

Next Linda’s brother is basically dying. He was a long time heavy smoker and now his lungs and heart are shot. He’s in the hospital now as he’s having trouble breathing. Doctor say he could live till next week or a year from now. Linda has told me that if he starts to go down she wants me to still go on the cruise without her. I told her I feel guilty about that. But she seems totally fine as her brother wants no service and wants to just be cremated. So we will see. We’ve made arrangements if something were to happen while we are gone. Please think positive thoughts for us and your fingers crossed.

Crazy also getting ready for a cruise and also getting ready for knee replacement a week after we get back. This morning I had the Cat Scan on my left knee for the Mako Robotic system. It will map my knee and tell the surgeon where to cut and how much of the bone.

Pretty much almost packed. I know we are a week out from leaving but I like being super organized. I have everything in packing cubes ready to be put in the suitcases.

Getting super excited. Live review starts next Wednesday. 

Cheers,

Sea Dog

I'm hoping all goes well with the surgery Greg.  With all you have going on you have to be organized.  A mild case of OCD might even be helpful.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thinking of you and your poor country Dani.  I hope you're sleeping OK and can get some respite on this thread, knowing we all care deeply how you and your family are. 

Praying for a swift end to this nightmare and for stability to return 🙏 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

On RCI website:  4 night cruise on Harmony 11/1-11/5, ocean view balcony is $3,366 for 2.  Just sounds crazy, crazy, expensive to me. 

I paid about 4,500 for 2 for our 11/26 7 day cruise in grand suite on harmony 

Edited by George C
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm hoping all goes well with the surgery Greg.  With all you have going on you have to be organized.  A mild case of OCD might even be helpful.  

I've never been officially diagnosed but I am pretty sure I have OCD issues. 😄

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well it’s always something. Things getting hectic as we are preparing to leave for our cruise next Thursday. Of course something always happens. The other night I woke to a weird feeling in my top front tooth. I thought I might have some food stuck but after inspection my front tooth is chipped. I have no idea how it happened unless I may grind my teeth at night. So I’m seeing another dentist today. As my dentist is out sick. I hope to get it fixed before we leave.

Next Linda’s brother is basically dying. He was a long time heavy smoker and now his lungs and heart are shot. He’s in the hospital now as he’s having trouble breathing. Doctor say he could live till next week or a year from now. Linda has told me that if he starts to go down she wants me to still go on the cruise without her. I told her I feel guilty about that. But she seems totally fine as her brother wants no service and wants to just be cremated. So we will see. We’ve made arrangements if something were to happen while we are gone. Please think positive thoughts for us and your fingers crossed.

Crazy also getting ready for a cruise and also getting ready for knee replacement a week after we get back. This morning I had the Cat Scan on my left knee for the Mako Robotic system. It will map my knee and tell the surgeon where to cut and how much of the bone.

Pretty much almost packed. I know we are a week out from leaving but I like being super organized. I have everything in packing cubes ready to be put in the suitcases.

Getting super excited. Live review starts next Wednesday. 

Cheers,

Sea Dog

@Sea Dog  so sorry to hear about your brother in law.  Hope you are feeling better and also tooth gets fixed.    I do hope you get to cruise 😊 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I just emailed him.  He is ok.  They have had a few close people die and one is very sick.  His Parkinson’s group seems to be helping him cope.

Thank you, Marietta, for contacting Lenny and letting us know he and Toby are okay.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, maggieq said:

@Sea Dog  so sorry to hear about your brother in law.  Hope you are feeling better and also tooth gets fixed.    I do hope you get to cruise 😊 

Thanks! Got the tooth fixed so that’s good. Fingers crossed on everything else.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack asked his sister the same thing knowing there are going to be shortages.  So far since yesterday, her place is well stocked.  Not sure how long that will last.  

And thank you for popping in and updating us.  I know your mind is elsewhere. 😢

Bonnie, you and Jack have also been in my prayers.  🙏  Thank you for letting us know how Jack's sister and family are doing.  

So grateful to have heard from Dani.  @dani negreanu  

🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On RCI website:  4 night cruise on Harmony 11/1-11/5, ocean view balcony is $3,366 for 2.  Just sounds crazy, crazy, expensive to me. 

I would sit on the shoreline and wave to them as they sail by with prices like that............

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks! Got the tooth fixed so that’s good. Fingers crossed on everything else.

Thank goodness the dentist was able to fix your tooth, Greg!

So sorry to hear that Linda's brother is in the hospital and that it's not good news.  Hopefully Linda will be able to join you on your long-awaited cruise on Adventure.

Give her my love.

Try to put your upcoming knee surgery behind you, and concentrate on your trip to van jost!  (did I have that right?🤔)

• Like 3

Just now, Luckynana said:

Thank goodness the dentist was able to fix your tooth, Greg!

So sorry to hear that Linda's brother is in the hospital and that it's not good news.  Hopefully Linda will be able to join you on your long-awaited cruise on Adventure.

Give her my love.

Try to put your upcoming knee surgery behind you, and concentrate on your trip to van jost!  (did I have that right?🤔)

Thank you Maryann!

• Like 1

It sound crazy, crazy expensive, because that's exactly what it is!!!🤨

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I caved today.  First day since last spring that I put on long pants.  The last few mornings it was about 45 to 50 walking Merlin.  

I was just about to comment I’m usually wearing shorts until low -mid 40’s.  Even then it may be shorts with long sleeve on top.  haha  One year we made it to Thanksgiving without turning on the heat.  We do have a wood burner though on the first level  that made that much easier for cold mornings/nights.

• Like 4