Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We did the MDR 4 nights and Windjammer one night.  There is NOT a Solarium Bistro. We enjoyed most of the meals we had.  The only bad food I had was some Asian skewers in the WJ.   The meat was very tough.  Different options to eat at was one of the biggest things we missed. 

Overall we did not like the entertainment.   Maybe a B- for the ice skating.   The shows were poor.  We left the 2nd early and stopped going after that. 

We did have an am/pm option for room service. 

With all that said everyone has different taste for food and entertainment.   I think the larger ships meet are expectations better.  I am still thankful we did it.  Nice to get away and fun hanging around with the other 3 we cruised with.  

When are you cruising?  Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. 

Thanks for your take on food, entertainment.  I'm sorry the ice show wasn't up to its usual standard.  To me that would be a major disappointment.

The larger ships definitely have more food/entertainment options.  I'll miss Solarium Bistro and water show.

We cruise April 20 and 25.  5 night then 6 nights.  THEN we're diamond on Bella 02. Cruising out of Galveston is the best.  6 hours and 3 Buc'ees along the way!

I'll give a shout out if I need more info!

• Like 6

On 9/22/2023 at 11:21 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

@sgmn. Did you hear about the medical emergency yesterday on CocoCay?  A woman was evacuated by a sea plane near the jet ski area near Chill Island.

I saw the plane and said to Eric that must be an expensive excursion.  I had no idea it was a medical evacuation.

I hope they’re ok.

On 9/23/2023 at 1:12 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I was at Labadee once when they landed a helicopter for a med evac. No idea where they took the patient. A Hatian hospital would not be too appealing to me.

We were also there when they did a medevac. The helicopter seemed small.

@sgmn   Happy Belated Anniversary.

@Jimbo Great photos.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2023 at 9:08 PM, Momof3gurlz said:

I don’t even know how far behind I am. I just read back a page or so and @Jimbo I have to say those pictures are amazing.  
I’ve been busy with final packing, we had our pool closed for the winter and got all the furniture  put away. Andy did all the fall trimming back of shrubs, etc so we are ready to go!  Our flight is scheduled for 7:15 pm tomorrow night and hoping no major delays because of this tropical storm.  We fly out of Philadelphia, it was the only nonstop flight I could find to Venice, not even from JFK or Newark. We’ll drive down early tomorrow morning, spend the day with our oldest and her family, then they’ll take us to the airport.  So bonus - free parking at their house 🙂
We ended up with one checked bag, one carry on and we each have a backpack.  I could’ve done it with just two carryons and the backpacks but we’d have no room for any purchases.  
I plan to post some updates and photos here and I may do a post vacation Trip Report in the form of a comparison between RC and Celebrity. 
It’ll tough to sleep tonight! 

Have a great cruise.

On 9/24/2023 at 11:33 AM, Jimbo said:

Time change last night heading south,for some strange reason last night we set back clock 30 minutes which is weird and then tomorrow night we again set the clocks back another 30 minutes and then day q4 we set clocks back again,but this time it's 1 hour back.

Before arriving back to Bayonne.

Anyone every move back clocks like that on a cruise,1/2 hour changes?

We did on our TA.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks for your take on food, entertainment.  I'm sorry the ice show wasn't up to its usual standard.  To me that would be a major disappointment.

The larger ships definitely have more food/entertainment options.  I'll miss Solarium Bistro and water show.

We cruise April 20 and 25.  5 night then 6 nights.  THEN we're diamond on Bella 02. Cruising out of Galveston is the best.  6 hours and 3 Buc'ees along the way!  

I'll give a shout out if I need more info!

We enjoy cruising out of Galveston.   We really enjoyed staying at the Habor House at Pier 21. 

Our next cruise is on Icon.  I am betting the food and entertainment will be great!  They showed previews of it while we were on the Voyager.  The ice skating rink is round and if the show is anywhere close to what they were hinting at it should be great!.  There is going to be a walk up Izumi.  I bet I will try it out a time or 2.

Good to hear you will reach Diamond by Bella 2!  Even more I am excited we will be meeting!  

BTW, I'm not saying the ice show was bad, just not as good as others.  Please go see it.  You might like it.

• Like 6

On 9/29/2023 at 7:21 PM, Tree_skier said:

@Ocean Boy you mentioned wanting to see pics of the inside of my 5th wheel.

Master Bedroom... There is a stacking washer and dryer behind the big door next to the sliding mirrored doors

IMG_1334.thumb.jpeg.1e4141ffa1f7d00436fddf1331f2c6c6.jpeg

Bathroom

IMG_1335.thumb.jpeg.d5a8816da4fca70c2c1bcc925f4a1f79.jpeg

Living room

IMG_1340.thumb.jpeg.09d236dbffade8e5a23d7a19fc28b8a6.jpeg

Living room from the other direction.

IMG_1337.thumb.jpeg.408e2312e927281e2cd4a70c2e20ce63.jpeg

Spare bedroom I have converted into a walk-in closet for DW. (excuse the clutter)

IMG_1338.thumb.jpeg.d29481b129c2f3b9b6160b7ad651ba40.jpeg

Very very nice. I could live in that for a while.

On 9/29/2023 at 8:51 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes! It's a removable cup holder.  I am so thankful to get it.  A nice item is the chair cushion is an inflatable.   You can adjust the cushion by pumping more air in it.  I also love how it can tilt back and release the weight on my butt.  That will be nice if I am in a situation where I am in it a long time.

Looking forward to seeing you cruise around in this in January. Looks like a cool ride.

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Why can't all airlines fly like this?

I worked for Emirates at Heathrow from 2003 to 2021, on the Ticket Desk, so dealing with all the problems!

Their airbus A380 is pretty amazing.  Light and airy. 1st has an onboard shower, and there's a Bar with barstools and seating at the back of business class. Even economy is pretty good.

90% of times the planes gates were either side of our lounge and so we were able to board 1st and business straight from the lounge into the plane. 

Their onboard entertainment was always ahead of the game 

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/experience/our-fleet/a380/

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

I worked for Emirates at Heathrow from 2003 to 2021, on the Ticket Desk, so dealing with all the problems!

Their airbus A380 is pretty amazing.  Light and airy. 1st has an onboard shower, and there's a Bar with barstools and seating at the back of business class. Even economy is pretty good.

90% of times the planes gates were either side of our lounge and so we were able to board 1st and business straight from the lounge into the plane. 

I've flown business class on an Emirates A380 a few times.  It's an amazing experience, especially in Dubai where you take an elevator from the upper floor lounge directly to the jetway entrance, bypassing the gate area.  Too bad the A380s are being phased out in favor of more efficient smaller planes.  Makes sense from an airline business perspective, but not from a passenger perspective.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Emirates is by far one of the best airlines ever! Singapore comes close. Now, they only need a mani pedi salon like Virgin First class/business had on the upper deck(at one time) on the NY-London route.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes my stomach is a lot better. My lymph nodes in my groin are still a little swollen and tender but they are getting better.

This is good news!! It always seems like something comes up right before a cruise and causes lots of stress. 

Regarding the decorating, just think of how great it's going to be next year with two good knees! You'll outdo yourself, for sure.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our home has time for both. 😁

Pretty much given up on watching hockey. When living in NJ our home team was the Philadelphia Flyers,they have had so many down years in a row lately it was just painful  to watch them.

Just doesn't interest me anymore.

Baseball and Football are main interest here.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

This is good news!! It always seems like something comes up right before a cruise and causes lots of stress. 

Regarding the decorating, just think of how great it's going to be next year with two good knees! You'll outdo yourself, for sure.

I know it will probably take a year after replacing where I will feel really good but I’m looking forward to increased mobility. Just getting in and out of the car has been painful with my knee. I am also looking forward to going up and down stairs without doing one leg at a time.

• Like 5

652AF15B-2337-4136-870E-D43C784A4886.thumb.jpeg.e8460928a7b514a63fb9e6f3d33e309b.jpeg

Very warm day in Sydney. We took  Dad out to dinner and when I took this photo of the screen in the foyer of the club it was 7.43pm and 29C (84f).  Later as we started driving home, the southerly buster came through the temp dropped 10 degrees very quickly.  Right now it’s thunder and lightning.  Love days like these.

• Like 6

Looks like we will be boarding Adventure this Saturday. I have been eating real food, although I still have my tube. I will bring some food containers, but I shouldn't be needing much, WE cleared all of this with the oncologist. although we still have one last appointment tomorrow.

We will be on for three weeks.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Looks like we will be boarding Adventure this Saturday. I have been eating real food, although I still have my tube. I will bring some food containers, but I shouldn't be needing much, WE cleared all of this with the oncologist. although we still have one last appointment tomorrow.

We will be on for three weeks.

Fantastic! Give us a scouting report on everything. Looking forward to joining you on October 21st. How’s your taste coming along?