Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Looks like we will be boarding Adventure this Saturday. I have been eating real food, although I still have my tube. I will bring some food containers, but I shouldn't be needing much, WE cleared all of this with the oncologist. although we still have one last appointment tomorrow.

We will be on for three weeks.

Awesome news,  You deserve a great trip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Looks like we will be boarding Adventure this Saturday. I have been eating real food, although I still have my tube. I will bring some food containers, but I shouldn't be needing much, WE cleared all of this with the oncologist. although we still have one last appointment tomorrow.

Such great news!  Looking forward to meeting you when we board for the cruise on the 21st!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Arzeena said:

For us it's packing night. We board the Equinox this weekend.

Itinerary is: A C B. In that order.

Most excited about meeting Bella's parents on this cruise (assuming they want to meet me 🤣😉😁)
With that said:
Prayers for Dani.

Hugs for all those hurting in body or spirit. Be well. 
Will be checking in on here often. Will post some pictures.

"Greg and the Adventurers"......have a fantastic cruise and post pictures please.

Have a great cruise. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Looking forward to seeing you cruise around in this in January. Looks like a cool ride.

I would love to have it in January but I don't think it would work.   We were unable to get an accessible room for this cruise so I don't know if it would fit through the door.  Also I don't want to risk damage flying with it.  We are currently working on getting the Highlander set up to be able to haul it on a hatch but driving from here to Miami is almost a 17 hour drive without stopping so I don't think I could handle that.

We are in a guaranteed balcony.   I wish we could confirm the width of the door.  If we are unable to rent a scooter or electric wheelchair we have the Rollator that converts to a transport chair.

I am sure we will enjoy meeting up!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Awesome!!!!!!  Relax and have a wonderful time.  So happy that your 3 weeks of cruising has come to fruition for you both!

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Greg, what am I looking at?

My goal was to lose 12 pounds before the cruise. I'm at 200 pounds. I weighed 250 before my right knee replacement. I want to get down to 175 eventually and get off blood pressure meds.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My goal was to lose 12 pounds before the cruise. I'm at 200 pounds. I weighed 250 before my right knee replacement. I want to get down to 175 eventually and get off blood pressure meds.

Well done, Greg!  👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Great job , I last weighed 200 in 1971.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, George C said:

Great job , I last weighed 200 in 1971.

I was 125-135 most of my life till I turned 40. Then my metabolism just turned off.

I am also 5'7" and probably a lot shorter than you.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I was 125-135 most of my life till I turned 40. Then my metabolism just turned off.

I am also 5'7" and probably a lot shorter than you.

I would like to get to 250 , but I am 6’ 4”, I was 240 and in great shape when I got married 32 years ago . 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mo&fran said:

A well deserved cruise.

I hope you have an amazing cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've got a quick question and don't want to bother starting a new thread over it.  On my Adventure of the Seas cruise coming up in Feb., it is my birthday while I am onboard. Should I let Royal know in advance and do I get any little extra thing on my birthday. 🎂

• Like 1

Congrats on the weight loss Greg @Sea Dog.  I'm on the same journey but I started further behind and still have a long ways to go.  I was 296# when I boarded Navigator of the Seas Jan 30 of this year.  I weighed 254# this morning. Except for one week in March (Oasis of the Seas w/ UDP) It's been slow but steady progress.  I'm 6'2" so I can handle a little bit more weight but my goal is 230#

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I've got a quick question and don't want to bother starting a new thread over it.  On my Adventure of the Seas cruise coming up in Feb., it is my birthday while I am onboard. Should I let Royal know in advance and do I get any little extra thing on my birthday. 🎂

They usually don't do a whole lot but if you let them know in the dining room they will bring you a dessert with a candle in it and they will sing. DH told the waiter it was my birthday on Mariner last year.  This was after the first bite, don't think of taking a pic earlier.

IMG_20220205_124641.jpg

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Pretty much given up on watching hockey. When living in NJ our home team was the Philadelphia Flyers,they have had so many down years in a row lately it was just painful  to watch them.

Just doesn't interest me anymore.

Baseball and Football are main interest here.

We watch them all in this house. Sometimes it’s just on and other times we are glued to the TV. I like watching live football better than on TV, but Sunday Owen and Lisa rule the remote. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Watching Phillies against the Braves in the playoffs and the other  Baseball Playoffs games, who has time for hockey now?

I have never understood America's fascination with baseball.  It is an interminably boring game.  <fire suit on>

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Lucy had a busy day supervising yard work. The pool area looked like this to start the day. 

IMG_3187.thumb.png.de5fcd19f7cc80be6051440786b4ce97.png

Then the pool was closed. Right after that we put away the patio furniture.

IMG_3188.thumb.png.e2b35e0642588dbc9e21cd9a7f7ce5d7.png

The landscapers came after lunch and trimmed back furniture.

IMG_3189.thumb.png.ffc9ea8023446a92b7a205eca898a158.png

Finished looked. 

IMG_3191.thumb.png.17dc041912fcdc431947baeebbe1aa07.png

And where was Lucy… taking it all in.  She got pets from all the workers and extra cuddles from one of the pool and one of the landscaping crew. She was wondering where her loungers went.  

IMG_9726.thumb.jpeg.ae5a19b09281ef42384f2749dd9ef008.jpeg

• Like 17

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I have never understood America's fascination with baseball.  It is an interminably boring game.  <fire suit on>

It is an acquired taste, and watching it live gets it into your blood. Throw in some beverages and food it makes it that much better. 

Now, compared to rugby it is a different speed.  

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4