Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

22 years ago today, our very first grandchild, Erin Elizabeth, was born, making Jim and I grandparents!  Erin stole my heart that day.  We are so Blessed, and so proud of the beautiful young woman she has become.  She's working in the ER at the hospital today.  

Happy birthday to Erin .

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Our trick or treat hours just ended.   We still had about 40 pieces of candy left, and we were telling several of the kids to take a few.  

Lisa took Owen to his hockey practice at 7pm. I’ve been waiting for the first to arrive. None yet. 

• Like 3

Happy Halloween everyone as this is my second favorite holiday. And while I can’t do my big light display anymore because it’s just too much work and I’m a lot older now in celebrating this fun holiday here is some videos of my past music light shows. Enjoy and have a spooktacular evening.

Happy Halloween!!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Our trick or treat hours just ended.   We still had about 40 pieces of candy left, and we were telling several of the kids to take a few.  

We set up a card table at the end of our drive, and some of our immediate neighbors do the same.  We spend the evening catching up with everyone and spreading neighborhood gossip. By the end of the evening, it was down to 38°, and we are supposed to get snow overnight.  I am not ready for that.  It is a good thing we had some warm, cinnamon apple cider with a little fireball added to take off the chill. 

I am stealing this idea for next year.  Max is less likely to bark if we are away from the front door.  Being almost summer though, I am going to swap your delicious apple cider idea with something refreshingly cool,

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I’m being meaning to ask how Erin is enjoying Nursing?

& Happy Birthday to your beautiful granddaughter 🎂

She loves her job, and especially working in the Emergency Room.  Thank you for asking!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Birthday to Erin.  💐

Hope she an easy night in the ER.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Happy birthday to your granddaughter Erin.

58 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy birthday to Erin .

50 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy Birthday Erin Elizabeth! Have a fabulous day filled with happiness and smiles.

33 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

From me also.

Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes for our Erin!😘

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Currently on Navigator for Halloween.  Always a fun time.IMG_5366.thumb.jpeg.3e2c470519d3325c233931dde523564d.jpeg

IMG_5365.thumb.jpeg.aaefdb62bee3b664f1a2552da948b85b.jpeg

IMG_5377.jpeg

I've only been on one cruise on Halloween.  We wore costumes and had a lot of fun.  Two of my cousins, on the other hand, have been on many cruises for Halloween, and their costumes have been phenomenal!   Have a fun time on your cruise, Pat!🎃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't know if this is part of the reason why you struggled, but we turned on closed captions to make it easier to understand what was being said.  Made a big difference also when watching Peaky Blinders.

I could never get into Peaky Blinders.I tried four times.Perhaps I should try a fifth.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I've only been on one cruise on Halloween.  We wore costumes and had a lot of fun.  Two of my cousins, on the other hand, have been on many cruises for Halloween, and their costumes have been phenomenal!   Have a fun time on your cruise, Pat!🎃

I have never been on a Halloween cruise but I have been to many parties as a child and as an adult.

• Like 2

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

I could never get into Peaky Blinders.I tried four times.Perhaps I should try a fifth.

Jim and I loved it!  I do wish we'd had the closed caption on, though, since we missed a lot of what they were saying.  We never thought of using CC, since we'd never used it until just recently.🤔

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We've been considering Celebrity for future cruises so I've been paying more attention to reviews.  Recent reviews haven't been great.  As for the butler, Celebrity eliminated them from Sky Suites...even if you had already booked a Sky suite with the promise of a butler.  They claimed that the single butler was being replaced by a team for better service, but that's not apparently how it's playing out.  You essentially now get a single cabin attendant, who also takes care of a bunch of other regular cabins, so service is basically the same as a regular cabin.  I'd be upset if I had booked a suite with a butler and that was later changed on me.

Lots of complaints also about food quality decreasing across the board, including Blu and Luminae. Some Celebrity cruisers don't like the fact that they now stop at Coco Cay, thinking it's a family-oriented place (bright colors, water slides, etc.) that's great for Royal but doesn't "suit" the Celebrity image.  And then there's "cookie gate"...charging for chocolate chip cookies that used to be free.  The president of Celebrity Cruises tried to address many of these concerns but apparently came off as being out of touch and/or lying, depending on your perspective.

We may still give Celebrity a shot with an open mind.  Things never tend to be as bad as they are made out to be in negative reviews.  Plus, we have no prior experience as a reference point, other than Royal.  The new Celebrity ships do look very appealing to us.

I think you will like Celebrity. You have to try it for yourself. We have no complaints. We like it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't know if this is part of the reason why you struggled, but we turned on closed captions to make it easier to understand what was being said.  Made a big difference also when watching Peaky Blinders.

Using CC certainly does help.  I find myself using it more and more often, especially with shows set in England such as The Crown and Sex Education.

• Like 3

No kids came to the door in over an hour. I think the last one was around 7:30. Used to go pretty steady until 9:00 with the bigger kids.  In fact, no teenagers came at all. Probably because instead of trick-or-treating, they just use their phone to order DoorDash or Uber Eats to have Halloween candy delivered to them. 😆

Final count was about 40 so I have a lot of leftover. The last 10 or so kids I just handed the candy bowels to them and said take as much  as you want.

Little Miss HBE4 went with her BFF & her BFF's children to a different neighborhood. Apparently that is the "in" neighborhood as she said it was packed and still going strong when she left at 8:30-ish.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

We had 8 trick or treaters this year a whole lot less than last year.  Anyone near Laurel Md. want some candy?

Maybe it's not a thing anymore? 

There were a lot of Trunk-or-treats this past weekend.  Weather was a bit cool, around 40 but that's never deterred anybody before.  Two houses in my neighborhood had backyard parties with a lot of kids but I think that was after the trick-or-treating.

• Like 2