Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yesterday I had the Senior Flu Shot and had the worst reaction that I ever had to one.I had severe pain ,so much so that I was praying to leave the planet.My BP increased from my normal reading of 127 to 171.

I also fell twice .The first time I tried to break my fall and hit a wall with my right wrist.The second one was me hitting the floor from my bed.

I am feeling better now and have a doctor apt.tomorrow.

Wow Lenny.  I am so sorry to hear not only about your severe reaction to the flu shot, but also to your falls.  I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better now.  😘

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@aussielozzie18  Will you be visiting Canada anytime soon, since both of your children will now be there?  How long is the flight between your airport and the one that your children fly into in Canada?

Yes definitely.  Aiming for May/June.  If I was flying into Vancouver it would be 15hrs flight.  Might be flying into Calgary though and haven’t looked into flight times for that yet.  I enjoy flying & don’t mind long flights.

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Yes definitely.  Aiming for May/June.  If I was flying into Vancouver it would be 15hrs flight.  Might be flying into Calgary though and haven’t looked into flight times for that yet.  I enjoy flying & don’t mind long flights.

Wow!  That's a long flight!  It's great that you don't mind long flights.  I find 5 hours on a flight is more than enough time for me.🥺

• Like 2

Owen’s football team did it again this week.  They won 10-0 against a team that went undefeated all season, with a record of 6 wins and zero loses.  They play in the finals of the consolation round finals.

2 wins, B2B, and shut-out the other teams. They’ve had more wins in 2 weeks than 7 years under the same coach. 

Oh, and it was cold today. The high was 6C and felt cold with the strong winds. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Wow!  That's a long flight!  It's great that you don't mind long flights.  I find 5 hours on a flight is more than enough time for me.🥺

Lucky you don’t have to fly Sydney to London….,😀

Daughter is happy right now - she is about to depart Honolulu for Vancouver and has a whole row to herself.

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen’s football team did it again this week.  They won 10-0 against a team that went undefeated all season, with a record of 6 wins and zero loses.  They play in the finals of the consolation round finals.

2 wins, B2B, and shut-out the other teams. They’ve had more wins in 2 weeks than 7 years under the same coach. 

Awesome!!!  WTG Owen and teammates!

Way too cold for me, Andrew!  I didn't go to watch my grandson's Marching Band at the football game this evening.  Too cold!!!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Lucky you don’t have to fly Sydney to London….,😀

Daughter is happy right now - she is about to depart Honolulu for Vancouver and has a whole row to herself.

Your daughter sure lucked out on her flight!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations to Owen and his team.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Maryann. I’m getting my typical pre surgery anxiety that I always get. Having trouble getting all my prescriptions done. Insurance did not want to pay for the pregabalin so doctor substituted gabipentan. Then because of a stupid new Missouri law I can only get 7 days of Oxycodone. Do the doctor will have to write a new script after that plus one prescription will not be ready until Monday which does me no good when I get home on Sunday. So we will have the script sent over to another CVS. Needless to say CVS pharmacy is all screwed up right now. They have some serious problems on how they treat their pharmacists plus the pharmacy is now closed on weekends which makes things even worse.

Sending best wishes for a successful surgery tomorrow.   You got this🥰

Seems like all pharmacy chains are struggling now.  Rite-aid filed bankruptcy and closed a lot of stores, Walgreens was having an employee walk-out Wednesday and CVS has been a mess in our area for the last year.

We do mail order for some of Eric's scripts so that is a big help.

Maybe the hospital pharmacy can fill your script for first round before sending you home.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Tree #7 is done. One more to go.

This is the Disney Tree downstairs in our In-law Suite

20231101_143735.jpg

20231101_143740.jpg

20231101_143751.jpg

20231101_201801.jpg

20231101_201813.jpg

20231101_202108.jpg

20231101_202122.jpg

Excellent!   Do you want to come to Bucks County, PA mid December and decorate our tree?

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yesterday I had the Senior Flu Shot and had the worst reaction that I ever had to one.I had severe pain ,so much so that I was praying to leave the planet.My BP increased from my normal reading of 127 to 171.

I also fell twice .The first time I tried to break my fall and hit a wall with my right wrist.The second one was me hitting the floor from my bed.

I am feeling better now and have a doctor apt.tomorrow.

Oh no Lenny, that's horrible.    Stay safe😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our Walmart pharmacy here is pretty good.  They are very helpful, especially with regard to my T1 grandsons prescriptions.

I know there are problems at many CVS and Walgreens pharmacies, but so far, we've not had any problems either here at our CVS while home, or at our CVS in Naples.  I sure hope I didn't just jinx myself.  We're fortunate also that our pharmacy in NJ is open on the weekends.

We use a CVS and have never had a problem

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations to Owens team

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@Sea Dog I hope you get some rest tonight.  A big thank you to all the caregivers on Dani’s thread. I don’t think they get enough recognition.  

Dan’s thread is a Godsend. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate everyone’s concern, well wishes and support. I go into tomorrow’s surgery nervous but comfortable in knowing that you all are here supporting me. It’s like several hundred crammed into the operating room with me. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

My oral surgeon called me at 8:15 PM last night to check on me .  He told me to call him if I experienced a problem.  That was a nice gesture . 

I woke up this morning at 4:00 thinking of The Marathon Man . 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 9

On 10/31/2023 at 6:18 PM, h20skibum said:

Our trick or treat hours just ended.   We still had about 40 pieces of candy left, and we were telling several of the kids to take a few.  

We set up a card table at the end of our drive, and some of our immediate neighbors do the same.  We spend the evening catching up with everyone and spreading neighborhood gossip. By the end of the evening, it was down to 38°, and we are supposed to get snow overnight.  I am not ready for that.  It is a good thing we had some warm, cinnamon apple cider with a little fireball added to take off the chill. 

Normal years we have 60 to 80 individual trick or treaters.  This year it was about 20F… we had 27.  That is the least we have had in 33 years at this house.  

JC

• Like 5