Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

My TMJ has improved greatly and I’m down 14 lbs. I’m also eating less. 

Great news! I’m back to my pre cruise weight so I lost 10 pounds. Looking forward to knee getting better so I can start walking again.

• Like 17

For any of you who are SW Airlines fliers, and also Sam’s Club members, Sam’s has a deal on SW gift cards tomorrow.  Limit of five cards.  $500 cards for $399.99.

I know I will be getting five.  That will be my reason to be up at midnight again. 

Maybe Royal should take note of what a real sale looks like. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

My TMJ has improved greatly and I’m down 14 lbs. I’m also eating less. 

I guess this is like a broken jaw when the wire your mouth shut and all you drink is liquids. People lose weight when that happens too.

Heck of a way to lose weight though isn't it?

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

At the end of 13 weeks, I am down 31 pounds, and BMI dropped from 28 to 23.

The only drawback I can see, is if I were fighting, I am solidly in a lightweight class, and if I were to loose a few more pounds, it would make me a featherweight.  I am not sure I want to be considered either a lightweight or a featherweight.  😂  Maybe it is a good thing the holidays and cruises are here.  Maybe I will move up a class. 

That is great and almost a little too good. I always thought slow and steady ( 1/2 - 1 pound per week) is the way to go with weight loss.  At least that has been  experience when aggressively losing weight, quick to come off, quick to come back on.  When I lose the weight slowly, it seems to come back slowly.***

*** Disclaimer: This is based on my personal experience with my own personal body. I am not a medical professional nor expertly trained in anything  medically or medically adjacent..  Your experience may vary based on too many circumstances to list. This is not intended as medical advice and always consult your personal physician or other qualified health care provider or qualified loved one  before making changes to diet and exercise regime. This is not intended as an advertisement nor solicitation for payment of any kind.  No personal information has been gathered or sold to third-party vendors. Please click to "like" button to acknowledge these terms and conditions and other excuses as to why this info may be totally useless to you and gets me off the hook for being liable for anything that may happen, has already happened or is currently happening to you.

🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 15

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

It actually isn't.  People seem to just lose weight until they get to the right spot, and then they just maintain.***  

Diabetics who aren't overweight to begin with take it just fine. 

*** This is assuming that there are no other causes for weight loss, unrelated to Ozempic.

Good to read. Thanks.  I do, however, worry about his lack of appetite.  

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is why there are different classes of meds to treat diabetes. Each patient has to be treated according to their individual situation. Ozempic is not the right choice for every diabetic. This is why physicians exist and people are not born with an owners manual like you get with your car.

Of course.  Jack's endocrinologist insisted it's the best drug for him.  I'm happy we can get medical info in here from medical professionals.  

2 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

This happened to my friend she was never obese just slightly overweight but is diabetic. She has been taking this for some time, nothing but skin and bones and never feels like eating.  Her doctor finally took notice and has recently changed meds. 

Uh oh, not good.   Of course I'm not a doctor but perhaps this should have been addressed with her doctor before she became skin and bones and sounds like total loss of appetite.   I hope her new meds work for her.

• Like 4

Ugh.  I gained 5 lbs on our last cruise and it won’t come off.  I need to lose at least 20.  Men seem to lose easier, just saying.  I honestly don’t eat much but my activity isn’t what it should be I’m sure.  I could get ozempic or similar if I’m willing to pay for it but I have digestive issues that would make me hesitate. 

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I’ll eat enough for a couple of days.  Then it’s trying to lose a few pounds.  I’d be really happy with 10 off. It sure doesn’t come naturally for us.  

• Like 8

Like many of you, I have a busy day in the kitchen today.  We’re going to DD Jessica’s house In Massachusetts tomorrow but I’m bringing quite a few dishes to help out. She has just reached the 12 week point in her pregnancy and no longer feels sick but still very tired. I’m bringing traditional herb bread stuffing, sausage stuffing, a carrot casserole, pumpkin pie and a charcuterie board.  I spent more for the charcuterie ingredients than everything else combined!  I offered to host Thanksgiving this year but they want to show off their new kitchen. 
My SIL will make a roast turkey, a smaller deep fried turkey and a smoked turkey breast.  With 11 adults and three kids under 5 there should be plenty!  
It’s a rainy, windy day here making it a good one to stay home and cook. I’ll also be staying home Friday, You couldn’t pay me to go out to a store on Black Friday.  Now online shopping is another story 🙂.  
Re: weight and weight loss, I was always very thin. Almost 5’7” and I never weighed over 125 lbs except during my pregnancies.  I also went quickly back to that weight after each of the girls were born.  Then along came menopause and she brought 15 lbs with her.  They are the most stubborn 15 lbs that just will not go away, even with eating healthy and walking regularly, so I guess they’re here to stay.  

• Like 16

Happy news.  My MRI has not changed, no new lesions 2 years now post treatment. Sad news.  I have another Mohs surgery mid December very close to the previous incision line on the right side of my face but I have an excellent plastic surgeon to do the repair and am hopeful after recovery I’ll look okay.  Only 6 weeks to heal and then we’re off to Australia.

• Like 22

8 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Like many of you, I have a busy day in the kitchen today.  We’re going to DD Jessica’s house In Massachusetts tomorrow but I’m bringing quite a few dishes to help out. She has just reached the 12 week point in her pregnancy and no longer feels sick but still very tired. I’m bringing traditional herb bread stuffing, sausage stuffing, a carrot casserole, pumpkin pie and a charcuterie board.  I spent more for the charcuterie ingredients than everything else combined!  I offered to host Thanksgiving this year but they want to show off their new kitchen. 
My SIL will make a roast turkey, a smaller deep fried turkey and a smoked turkey breast.  With 11 adults and three kids under 5 there should be plenty!  
It’s a rainy, windy day here making it a good one to stay home and cook. I’ll also be staying home Friday, You couldn’t pay me to go out to a store on Black Friday.  Now online shopping is another story 🙂.  
Re: weight and weight loss, I was always very thin. Almost 5’7” and I never weighed over 125 lbs except during my pregnancies.  I also went quickly back to that weight after each of the girls were born.  Then along came menopause and she brought 15 lbs with her.  They are the most stubborn 15 lbs that just will not go away, even with eating healthy and walking regularly, so I guess they’re here to stay.  

You are right about the wind. Lost a small tree in the front yard. It didn't hit anything. Will be cutting it up later today if the rain stops.

• Like 3

We have been busy with Thanksgiving prep, moving furniture around in the family room to turn it into our banquet hall for the day.  

Table #1 (maybe the adult table)

IMG_9392.thumb.jpeg.b5a89e6c941012b173c10bf5aa51a2b2.jpeg

Table #2 ( maybe the kid table)

IMG_9393.thumb.jpeg.4580b02955d1a84b4f433661b7bde8c8.jpeg

And those are chocolate pilgrim suckers on the plates, from our favorite candy store. 

IMG_9385.thumb.jpeg.2910efc076f535df987683b722213cf4.jpeg

• Like 20

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Ugh.  I gained 5 lbs on our last cruise and it won’t come off.  I need to lose at least 20.  Men seem to lose easier, just saying.  I honestly don’t eat much but my activity isn’t what it should be I’m sure.  I could get ozempic or similar if I’m willing to pay for it but I have digestive issues that would make me hesitate. 

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I’ll eat enough for a couple of days.  Then it’s trying to lose a few pounds.  I’d be really happy with 10 off. It sure doesn’t come naturally for us.  

Do what I do after every cruise. Don't get on a scale. 😇

Wishing all a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving.  May your holiday table always be filled with the love of family and friends.

And a special wish for Dani and family to see the light at the end of this nightmare.

Hoping to see the hostages freed soon!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I guess this is like a broken jaw when the wire your mouth shut and all you drink is liquids. People lose weight when that happens too.

You hit the nail on the head, with all comments. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

My weight comes mostly from liquids, wife eats way more than me and weighs 100 plus pounds less. Going to liquor store now to replenish my liquids 😁😁

• Haha 13

We have been busy with Thanksgiving prep, moving furniture around in the family room to turn it into our banquet hall for the day.  

And those are chocolate pilgrim suckers on the plates, from our favorite candy store. 

Everything looks lovely.  The chocolate candy suckers are super cute.  Have a wonderful holiday.

• Like 2

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating tomorrow. Wishing you a day filled with celebration!

To our friends from Canada,England,Australia and Israel- I wish you a pleasant Thursday!  
This is a Fall photo from Eastern LI.

We are thankful to live in this beautiful place!

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

IMG_0310.thumb.jpeg.5f89688e48a3d98c16bdeb7422a05131.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Sounds like a wonderful feast. I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving! I wish I had your metabolism.

3 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Happy news.  My MRI has not changed, no new lesions 2 years now post treatment. Sad news.  I have another Mohs surgery mid December very close to the previous incision line on the right side of my face but I have an excellent plastic surgeon to do the repair and am hopeful after recovery I’ll look okay.  Only 6 weeks to heal and then we’re off to Australia.

Good news and I’m wishing you a successful surgery. I hope you have a great trip.

• Like 5

Looks like you are going to have alot of kids there with all those suckered on each plate...🤣

• Like 1