Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We have been busy with Thanksgiving prep, moving furniture around in the family room to turn it into our banquet hall for the day.  

Table #1 (maybe the adult table)

IMG_9392.thumb.jpeg.b5a89e6c941012b173c10bf5aa51a2b2.jpeg

Table #2 ( maybe the kid table)

IMG_9393.thumb.jpeg.4580b02955d1a84b4f433661b7bde8c8.jpeg

And those are chocolate pilgrim suckers on the plates, from our favorite candy store. 

IMG_9385.thumb.jpeg.2910efc076f535df987683b722213cf4.jpeg

Beautiful table settings, Mark.  The chocolate lollys look delish!

Dang, I never did get the chocolate turkeys this year....

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Bought myself a new pair of Crocs from the kids collection, to cheer me up. I smile every time I look down. 

Luckily, I have small feet.... Plus, they were on sale 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.2b422780cd5e0e2c5acd39791a8ef9f3.jpeg

I love that these make you smile, Dani!  (((Hugs)))🌹

3 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all on Dani’s wonderful thread!  I wish you all a great day with family and friends.  I am not hosting this year.  We will be spending the day at the home of my best friend and college roommate whose son is my son’s best buddy, almost like brothers.  So, I started my holiday decorating a week ago (earlier than normal) and just finished.  

Here are some pictures of my trees!image.thumb.jpg.82835bb080862fd50d97766d7c051acb.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.7f1a46ec26d2d5724205416f4d979678.jpgE948F5CA-6BC4-491C-8484-9937F31B10BF.thumb.jpeg.08d5de0af9b0d8718a04a444c110eeb1.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.9dce8f2d2eb47f0bc4424d192f5a6946.jpg

image.jpg

Beautiful trees, Jennifer!  Am I the only one who just puts up one, fresh Christmas tree just a few days before Christmas?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We'll be traveling to our daughter's home in Connecticut tomorrow.  I'll be bringing the oatmeal cookies, the cranberry relish I made, Jim's homemade lemon merengue , and housewarming gifts for our Nurse Granddaughter who just moved into her new apartment in the City.  Hoping to get on the road by 8:00 a.m.

Wishing you all a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!!!  🦃  Peace and Happiness!💖

• Like 17

22 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Beautiful table settings, Mark.  The chocolate lollys look delish!

Dang, I never did get the chocolate turkeys this year....

I love that these make you smile, Dani!  (((Hugs)))🌹

Beautiful trees, Jennifer!  Am I the only one who just puts up one, fresh Christmas tree just a few days before Christmas?

You’re not the only one Maryann.  We put up one tree, an artificial one, usually the first week of December.  I feel like a real slacker compared to some here!

Safe travels tomorrow and enjoy your day.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

All this talk of losing too much weight reminds me of a reality TV show from several years ago where a family lived for some period of time (90 days maybe?) as if it were the 1800s.  They lived in a cabin with no electricity or running water.  They had to do everything by hand including growing and preparing food.  Near the end, the husband had lost so much weight that the wife feared something was medically wrong and called in a Doctor. The doctor confirmed that he was perfectly healthy and was actually at a good weight for him.  Everyone was just so used to seeing him about 50 pounds heavier that he looked ill at his proper weight. 

I don't look (too) overweight but I could/should lose 30+ pounds.  I'm 6' 0" tall and weigh 215.  I should be down around 180.  I'm guessing that's a similar story for the majority of people in the US.  I'm not suggesting that anyone mentioned here wasn't actually too skinny...just that we have a serious overweight/obesity problem in the US.  Our medical friends here can probably create a long list of health issues that this causes.

I remember that show.  I believe it was on PBS if I recall.  I think there was talk of another season, just not sure if they eve did.

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

We only do one fresh cut tree too.  We used to wait until after my son's birthday but now we put it up when it fits into our schedule to do it.

We only do one tree as well.  My son’s birthday is the 7th, so I always wanted to make sure his birthday was separate from Christmas.  I always waited until after his birthday to put the tree up.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

You’re not the only one Maryann.  We put up one tree, an artificial one, usually the first week of December.  I feel like a real slacker compared to some here!

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We only do one fresh cut tree too.  We used to wait until after my son's birthday but now we put it up when it fits into our schedule to do it.

We do 1 also if we plan on being home.  Have a small lighted one for the years we go north.  Yes they are beautiful butso much work if it's only us looking at them.  Other ways to get in the holiday spirit without so much work.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ValerieJo said:

We only do one tree as well.  My son’s birthday is the 7th, so I always wanted to make sure his birthday was separate from Christmas.  I always waited until after his birthday to put the tree up.

My son's is the 6th.  We tried to keep it separate too. 🙂 We considered doing a half birthday instead but never did.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

My downfall is food like this:

Just out of the oven:

Paul Prudhomme’s Sweet Potato Pecan Pie

20231122_151639.jpg

That pie is swoon worthy!

2 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

She is a very stubborn person and truthfully I think she wanted to be skin and bones. She looked terrible but the doctor did take notice and changed her meds. 

It's good she has an astute doctor who noticed her physical condition.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thank you, Deb!  Safe travels to you and Andy also.  Enjoy your little ones!🦃

36 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

32 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

It's got to be tough for the kids when their birthdays are in December.  One of my nieces were born on Christmas Day.  They celebrated Christmas during the day, then in the evening her Birthday was celebrated.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

We'll be traveling to our daughter's home in Connecticut tomorrow.  I'll be bringing the oatmeal cookies, the cranberry relish I made, Jim's homemade lemon merengue , and housewarming gifts for our Nurse Granddaughter who just moved into her new apartment in the City.  Hoping to get on the road by 8:00 a.m.

Wishing you all a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!!!  🦃  Peace and Happiness!💖

Safe travels....we get a fresh live tree every year and put up in our family room around mid December. 

I also put a small 4' fake one in living room at the bay window.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

It's got to be tough for the kids when their birthdays are in December.  One of my nieces were born on Christmas Day.  They celebrated Christmas during the day, then in the evening her Birthday was celebrated.  

Eric's Brothers was born New Years eve.  I always said that's a fun day as there is always a party and fireworks somewhere for him.

• Like 2

Christmas has been fully released in our house as of today. 

Inside…

IMG_2537.thumb.jpeg.eb92eafd4d898f197dcaf7080241869a.jpeg

IMG_2538.thumb.jpeg.65acc6289d8e36f6fa59921460fa6956.jpeg

Oak Island is on, and I doubt they will ever find anything. 

IMG_2539.thumb.jpeg.6514f82fc61b0bb62b02a1ad0fb67871.jpeg

and out is done too. 

IMG_2530.thumb.jpeg.07141b2fff01f94336f7502339470211.jpeg

IMG_2536.thumb.jpeg.ad9076b9ad02efe825f11f8a52fcad91.jpeg

IMG_2477.thumb.jpeg.71bf421c4e48a703d57680a033d346d2.jpeg

IMG_2476.thumb.jpeg.d77bb19901150e5f94e6c40ea4faf6e7.jpeg

IMG_2478.thumb.jpeg.083145df6d779269103a3b3a5a3c729c.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Safe travels....we get a fresh live tree every year and put up in our family room around mid December. 

I also put a small 4' fake one in living room at the bay window.

Thank you, Debbie!  Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm going to lunch at Wally's in LBI next Tuesday with my Mahjongg friends.  Is that anywhere near your house?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric's Brothers was born New Years eve.  I always said that's a fun day as there is always a party and fireworks somewhere for him.

My oldest niece (and my Goddaughter) was born on New Years Eve years ago.  That's one Birthday I never forget!

We always had a fresh tree for Polly with lots of bells and bird safe ornaments. But we stopped after he passed away. It was just work instead of fun for him. We still have a box of ornaments that we have collected traveling. Maybe it will be more Christmasy in the mountains after we move. ☺️

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Our SIL was also born on Christmas. He never got to celebrate his birthday separate from Christmas when he was growing up.  We always make sure we celebrate it separate with him.

Our son’s birthday is on the 15th, so that is another December birthday.  

• Like 4