Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@Luckynana and @BonTexasNY don't forget about me!  I was told "Jennifer" was the most popular girls name in 1961 (my birth year). 😉

Also, I remember Love Story as being the first movie I bawled my eyes out too!  Even today I still cry when I watch it.  

@FromSea2ShiningSea  Thanks for the beautiful pictures Helen!

I am a cryer, aka a Romantic.  I think the first thing I remember crying at was Old Yeller at the theatre.  First time I remember crying at home on TV (world of 4 over the air channels) was when Captain Kirk got caught in the Tholian Web.  

I cry every single time at Mama Mia….  

I wish I didn’t.

Everytime, I start talking about the people who sacrificed for us to have what we have now… yep.

So, you all may think of me as a hard case, and I am, but I am quite aware and appreciative, as well. 

• Like 19

7 hours ago, NHProud said:

The last two episodes summed it up.  Everyone showed up in court to air their grievances against those four and at the end they are sentenced to jail for not lending aid.  We last see these four shallow , self absorbed, egocentric individuals forced to spend time with only themselves for company.  That’s my take on the last show. 

I like the show and I too have seen many reruns.  I’ve seen Seinfeld perform four times and with Jason Alexander , once.  I’ve watched Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.  The episode of him driving President Obama on the White House grounds was really funny. 

There was an actual Peterman catalog which I would get in the mail. 

What do you think of the last episode? It didn’t go over well with the viewers.

The bit at the end of the Seinfeld finale, when they're in jail, talking about the shirt collar button, was taken from the Seinfeld pilot.

I liked the finale, good to see everyone come back. Not only didn't it go over well with some viewers but Jerry and his cohorts weren't thrilled with it either either.

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Seriously,I think that every person should have that experience at least once in their life.I saw 1963 come in ,it was great.

I agree with most who responded.  For me, no way, no how.  Not an experience on my bucket list.

Friends of ours went one NYE in the 90's and said they were thankful they were able to finally escape the Times Square mob.  Awful experience.  Her husband talked her into going.  For years after, she never let him forget it.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Another interesting note. Apparently, there were 2 Mega Millions lottery winners that purchased their tickets at the exact same gas station in Southern CA. 

"A gas station in Encino sold two lucky tickets that both hit the jackpot Friday night for a Mega Millions drawing of nearly $400 million, lottery officials said on Saturday.

Both tickets matched all five numbers and the Mega Ball in the drawing, according to the California Lottery. They were purchased at the Chevron station at.."

"Carolyn Becker, the deputy director of the California Lottery's Office of Public Affairs and Communications, told City News Service that she was not sure if such a coincidence has ever occurred before."

That is pretty darn amazing...I think there will be questions. LOL 😃

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am a cryer, aka a Romantic.  I think the first thing I remember crying at was Old Yeller at the theatre.  First time I remember crying at home on TV (world of 4 over the air channels) was when Captain Kirk got caught in the Tholian Web.  

I wish I didn’t.

Everytime, I start talking about the people who sacrificed for us to have what we have now… yep.

So, you all may think of me as a hard case, and I am, but I am quite aware and appreciative, as well. 

You want crying?  I got teary eyed at the last Howdy Doody episode when Clarabelle spoke for the first and last time and said with a sad sigh "goodbye kids"

People who sacrificed for us so that we can enjoy our freedom have my eternal gratitude.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

You want crying?  I got teary eyed at the last Howdy Doody episode when Clarabelle spoke for the first and last time and said with a sad sigh "goodbye kids"

People who sacrificed for us so that we can enjoy our freedom have my eternal gratitude.

Ha Ha!  I think this only means you are older than me!  Captain Kirk and the Tholian Web was devastating to me at 8.  

• Like 1

And I finally got my car back today from the body shop after the little bump. The repair went from $4000 to $6000. According to the paperwork, they had to recalibrate the eye sight cameras. As @George C can probably confirm, Subaru Outback's have all of these interesting safety features. But we are still confused, because they were working on the rear passenger door and not the windshield. And I think they were probably scamming the insurance company. 

And now Bill says we have to take it back, because they did not replace all of these "clips" that they supposedly replaced, and there is some sort of sticky substance on the fender. DH is really picky about the cars. 😒

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Another interesting note. Apparently, there were 2 Mega Millions lottery winners that purchased their tickets at the exact same gas station in Southern CA. 

"A gas station in Encino sold two lucky tickets that both hit the jackpot Friday night for a Mega Millions drawing of nearly $400 million, lottery officials said on Saturday.

Both tickets matched all five numbers and the Mega Ball in the drawing, according to the California Lottery. They were purchased at the Chevron station at.."

"Carolyn Becker, the deputy director of the California Lottery's Office of Public Affairs and Communications, told City News Service that she was not sure if such a coincidence has ever occurred before."

That is pretty darn amazing...I think there will be questions. LOL 😃

sounds rigged !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I forgot to mention that we are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn near Hobby Airport.  Thank you,  @George C for reminding me.  The hotel shuttle gave us a ride to the restaurant (any restaurant that is within 1-2 miles and will pick us up after we’re done.  

We decided on this place and it turned out to be a very enjoyable meal.  Maybe we were just hungry.

IMG_6185.thumb.jpeg.adfc9d72ff5253a24b088d53b05e7b0d.jpeg

IMG_6188.thumb.jpeg.32c878acd04ea309fc0b571132ad88b4.jpeg

IMG_6189.thumb.jpeg.a51abfeb26ad2932d158d46b6eb9cfcc.jpeg

IMG_6190.thumb.jpeg.edeb9d1500cb8c5eee5db2954087a4f1.jpeg

@Tree_skier, Dave, I hope you all made it here okay and gone onto Galveston by now.  We’ll see you tomorrow!  

@BonTexasNYBonnie, Merv is behaving not badly for now. Thank goodness.  

I was looking forward to watching some Hallmark Christmas movies on the hotel TV but they don’t have Hallmark channel.  They have them on the Lifetime channel though.

If staying by Hobby we stay at another Hilton , the doubletree by hobby, also free shuttle. Couple of weeks ago we were at Moody Gardens in Galveston very nice upscale hotel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Ha Ha!  I think this only means you are older than me!  Captain Kirk and the Tholian Web was devastating to me at 8.  

Probably lots older.  No worries. There's always someone older than me. I grew up in a time with no computers, no cell phones, no cable tv, girls had to wear skirts or dresses to school.  Simpler times for sure.

BTW I have never seen even one episode of Star Trek but I'm nice in spite of it. 😉

Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock shows scared me lots.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 12/3/2023 at 3:11 PM, helen haywood said:

When the vet called with the results of Minnie’s surgery to remove the lump on her head…her first words to me were “It’s the best possible news!”  I was elated and relieved.  For about two seconds.  Then she said “Well, for a malignant fibrosarcoma it is great news.”  😢  She meant it was great that I’d found it so early (too small for a biopsy) and she’d gotten clear margins.  

Returned yesterday afternoon from a cruise on Apex.  The girls are exhausted from all the exuberant welcome home purrs and rubs they gave us.  

IMG_5549.jpeg

IMG_5547.jpeg

So happy that Minnie is doing better.

On 12/3/2023 at 4:55 PM, h20skibum said:

Thank you all for your kind words for our great news.  

So what happens next?  The type of cancer she had, has a history of recurrence.  Cleveland Clinic is in phase 1 clinical trials for a cancer vaccine for the specific type she had.  Since her tests came back good, they have accepted her to participate in the trials. She will receive the first of the three vaccines before Christmas. Since she will be in the trial, they will keep close tabs on her. 

I thought it was strange that the sponsor for the clinical trial is the Department of Defense.  I would have never guessed. 

Their results over the last three are promising. 

Very happy to hear she’s in the trail. Amazing how far modern medicine has come to heal people. Wishing her and all your family the best.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some of you have amazing recall ! 

The son of the woman who cuts my hair is a retired NYPD detective who  worked in Times Square on New Year’s Eve.

The gala pics for the world cruise are posted over at that other place. Laura looked fantastic.  Pax range in age from 2 to 87 . 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

Some of you have amazing recall ! 

The son of the woman who cuts my hair is a retired NYPD detective who  worked in Times Square on New Year’s Eve.

The gala pics for the world cruise are posted over at that other place. Laura looked fantastic.  Pax range in age from 2 to 87 . 

I’ve only seen a snippet of photos from the gala. The cruisers certainly dressed beautifully (I didn’t see Laura).I see each country they are cruising to was represented as a room decoration.  If Australia was featured, would love to know what was used to represent our country?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I wish I didn’t.

If you cry at Mamma Mia then your stock just sky rocketed in my book.🙂☺️ And to think, you are the one who hardened me up years ago.🫨

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Once I am told I can’t go to a bathroom is when I really have to go.  So no Times Square for me.

Also no alcohol allowed😳

I have the same bathroom issue. Turn on the "fasten seat belt" sign and I have to go. I think I know where every public bathroom in NYC and Boston are located.

When my brother and I were younger and we traveled and cruised as a family our mother  would sometimes remark that we didn't miss any bathroom that we encountered.

• Haha 14

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have the same bathroom issue. Turn on the "fasten seat belt" sign and I have to go. I think I know where every public bathroom in NYC and Boston are located.

When my brother and I were younger and we traveled and cruised as a family our mother  would sometimes remark that we didn't miss any bathroom that we encountered.

Wellll, I can tell you which gas stations and Starbucks locations have the cleanest bathrooms along I 95 from NJ to Florida.....

@Luckynana pay attention, pay attention! 🤣🤣

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3
  • Haha 11

We used to think our Son Chris had anxiety about road trips and going to the bathroom.    We would leave somewhere after using their bathroom and 1 hr later he would say he had to go again.     As he got older we learned he simply liked to stop and check out new places.   He also loved to check out porta-pots.  No idea why he was intrigued by them.

We recently had some siding work done at our office and they had a porta-pot at the top of the driveway.   I sent him a picture asking if he wanted to come check it out😁

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Haha 17

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If you cry at Mamma Mia then your stock just sky rocketed in my book.🙂☺️ And to think, you are the one who hardened me up years ago.🫨

Ok, then just to make sure I don’t get out of the atmosphere, I cry at Cats, too.🤣

• Haha 4

I need to rant a bit. This, after all, is the thread about everything! 

I applied for Medicare Medigap Plan N.  I received a letter yesterday stating that based on my previous 2 year medical records I am in a higher premium group, premium rate not listed.  The problem is, they state my medical records show I was/am treated for "atrial fibrillation" which I never had!!  Jack is the one with afib and he and I both go to the same primary care doctor.  I can only think that Jack's records were sent in error to United Healthcare instead of mine.  I will call on Monday to try and straighten this out.  

I have some "minor" medical stuff coming up in 2024 and my out of pocket with my current insurance would be extensive compared to Medigap.

If this gets straightened out, I think the cut off date for open enrollment,  Dec. 7 would not apply.

As Trainman, a much beloved CC poster said many times, "growing old ain't for sissies"!  May he R.I.P.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Wellll, I can tell you which gas stations and Starbucks locations have the cleanest bathrooms along I 95 from NJ to Florida.....

@Luckynana pay attention, pay attention! 🤣🤣

My husband knows every place to stop between SC and PA, times his breaks accordingly.  We tried a new route on one of our recent trips, completely threw him off on bathroom stops.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

10 minutes ago, akcruz said:

My husband knows every place to stop between SC and PA, times his breaks accordingly.  We tried a new route on one of our recent trips, completely threw him off on bathroom stops.

That’s another reason we fly , while drinking doubles😁

we watched a interesting movie on Netflix yesterday “leave the world behind “ great cast , very suspenseful, weird ending.

• Like 1