Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

Hey @Ocean Boy, check out these Lighthouse Gummies!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/NovaScotia/comments/17jcvnn/bought_these_lighthouse_gummies_at_the_airport_as/?force_seo=1

Note that I am NOT posting the picture myself, to hopefully stay in the good graces of The Powers That Be and avoid playing Monopoly this time!

Good idea not to post the picture.  Those are hilarious.

• Like 2

The above sorta rings a bell... My wife was out of town last night for work... I stopped at the liquor store on my way home...

Looky what I found 😉

image.png.856b078a9f46ac8a4fecdaa061d4c7b1.png

They are now stored safely way back in the liquor cabinet 😁

dp

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Hey @Ocean Boy, check out these Lighthouse Gummies!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/NovaScotia/comments/17jcvnn/bought_these_lighthouse_gummies_at_the_airport_as/?force_seo=1

Note that I am NOT posting the picture myself, to hopefully stay in the good graces of The Powers That Be and avoid playing Monopoly this time!

Wise choice to not post the picture.🤭

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

And the last bit for now...

1802083282_Screenshot2023-04-18at5_32_21PM.thumb.png.c4aa04459556dca6c3fe8761c8d642ee.thumb.png.85b19250705024b7d303b1449d77d972.png

Now that’s funny. All the rest guilty as charged. Point of clarification however I am not a boozer just someone who enjoys high end spirits just as a wine connoisseur does.

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

1 hour ago, dpostman said:

The above sorta rings a bell... My wife was out of town last night for work... I stopped at the liquor store on my way home...

Looky what I found 😉

image.png.856b078a9f46ac8a4fecdaa061d4c7b1.png

They are now stored safely way back in the liquor cabinet 😁

dp

Nice score!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I always liked Piano Man. I wonder if it has anything to do with me playing the piano??🤔😊

Billy Joel was a Lounge Singer piano player from 1972 to 1973.The song is about him .Other songs that he wrote were about his then wife Elizabeth.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I always liked Piano Man. I wonder if it has anything to do with me playing the piano??🤔😊

Heard on an interview, Billy Joel said looking back he should have named the song Harmonica Man.  Forgot what the reason was. It was on Sirus XM CH79 which is currently the Billy Joel channel. If you listen to it long enough, it's probably only a matter of time before they replay the interview.

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I saw a couple of lists showing Piano Man as his #1 fan favorite.  I think everyone in MSG was singing along to Piano Man.  At one point, the band stopped playing and the crowd sang the entire verse. I remember being at a Springsteen concert MANY years ago when the crowd sang the entire first verse of Hungry Heart (Got a wife and kids in Baltimore Jack...) to open the second set, back when the Springsteen concerts were so long that they'd take a break in the middle.

I really like a couple of Billy Joel's slower songs...New York State of Mind and Vienna.

I've been to a couple of Garth Brooks concerts where he barely sing a verse or two of a song, just strums his guitar  & let's the crowd do all the singing. "Unanswered Prayers" is one of them. It's like a giant hoot-n-nanny sing-a-long with 10,000 of your best friends.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Billy Joel was a Lounge Singer piano player from 1972 to 1973.The song is about him .Other songs that he wrote were about his then wife Elizabeth.

So you are telling me that he didn't write the song about me.😉😁

• Haha 11

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Heard on an interview, Billy Joel said looking back he should have named the song Harmonica Man.  Forgot what the reason was. It was on Sirus XM CH79 which is currently the Billy Joel channel. If you listen to it long enough, it's probably only a matter of time before they replay the interview.

I've been to a couple of Garth Brooks concerts where he barely sing a verse or two of a song, just strums his guitar  & let's the crowd do all the singing. "Unanswered Prayers" is one of them. It's like a giant hoot-n-nanny sing-a-long with 10,000 of your best friends.

Harmonica man doesn't have a very good sound to it when you say it out loud.... just sayn'.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So you are telling me that he didn't write the song about me.😉😁

I think he wants you to learn how to play the harmonica 😉

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Harmonica man doesn't have a very good sound to it when you say it out loud.... just sayn'.

No it certainly doesn't. Would sound very awkward in the song.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am battling depression today, as it seems I have crossed into that territory where I start saying, “I remember when that cost only ….”

We picked up some things at the grocery store to cook for supper, but Susan had forgot to get a couple things, so I ran back. She said “I know I am going to need a rum and coke, so we need coke”. Or, in her case it is Pepsi.  

So I bring home a six pack of those slightly less than 16 oz bottles, and I say. “The sale price was $6.   That is $24 a case!  I remember when I was buying a case of 16oz Pepsi for only $2.40 when I ran the fraternity house beer and pop concession!”

To which she said “Yeah, that was 50 years ago!”

May have to have a drink myself. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I am battling depression today, as it seems I have crossed into that territory where I start saying, “I remember when that cost only ….”

We picked up some things at the grocery store to cook for supper, but Susan had forgot to get a couple things, so I ran back. She said “I know I am going to need a rum and coke, so we need coke”. Or, in her case it is Pepsi.  

So I bring home a six pack of those slightly less than 16 oz bottles, and I say. “The sale price was $6.   That is $24 a case!  I remember when I was buying a case of 16oz Pepsi for only $2.40 when I ran the fraternity house beer and pop concession!”

Save money and drink the rum straight. 🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

I have been dwelling over on the Princess Boards, reading up on medallion class and getting acquainted with their new app they just rolled out. 

I went through their app, and I am actually checked in for that cruise, even though it isn’t until next January.  

I was looking through the package I bought, and I thought it said you would get two premium desserts per sailing, but on further inspection, it is two per day.  

Oh my, I hope these don’t have any calories, or I may be in trouble. 

IMG_0586.thumb.jpeg.8b6852acd875439a8ddc04ad137588a4.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

When I was stationed in Germany in 1970 , my room was next to the army pub , drinks were 30 cents but at happy hour they were 15 cents, so when happy hour was going to end I would order 5 drinks for a grand total of 75 cents. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I have been dwelling over on the Princess Boards, reading up on medallion class and getting acquainted with their new app they just rolled out. 

I went through their app, and I am actually checked in for that cruise, even though it isn’t until next January.  

I was looking through the package I bought, and I thought it said you would get two premium desserts per sailing, but on further inspection, it is two per day.  

Oh my, I hope these don’t have any calories, or I may be in trouble. 

We will be on the Enchanted in March and we are already thinking we are in trouble.  

Edited by doghog
  • Like 2