Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 1/22/2024 at 3:04 PM, George C said:

Some of the high school football stadiums in Texas cost over 50 million, my high school in New York City didn’t even have a football team . 

My high school in Florida didn’t have a gym, but we had a football stadium. 
new school, and priorities ruled. 

• Like 2

I am pretty sure that I got the idea on this thread.  The handheld luggage weigher is so nice.  We are packed and on the road.  We are taking the trip to Miami in steps so hopefully I conserve enough energy. We plan to be in Huntsville Al tonight, spend a day Thursday with family and then drive to Nashville for a direct flight Friday evening.  If all goes well all should be good to go Saturday morning.  I am sure my energy will surge as we meet up with @FromSea2ShiningSea H & M,  start exploring the ship, and see the others we all know.  Exciting!

• Like 21

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Ozark_Kid

John, wishing you and your family a very enjoyable cruise on the new "kid in town" 😎

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  We are visiting family in Huntsville.  

Sharon has over 30 family members in Huntsville.  We will spend 2 nights at her Mom and sister's house.

Our usual cruise couple friends are cruising with us but due to work they will be taking a different flight.

Even without taking kids with us I bet this "kid" will love it!  😆

• Like 7

On 1/23/2024 at 10:29 AM, dani negreanu said:

We took a "break" from our grim reality and flew to see the grands in Amsterdam for a week.

Our eldest decided at the last moment to join us for the week-end (working anyhow from home Thursdays and Sundays). So he worked from his brother home instead....

We took a late night flight together on Wednesday and DS1 flew back alone Sunday night, just in time to sleep 3 hours and be at the office at 9am on Monday.

We "brought" with us a very cold spell of weather, instead of warm... And, of course, a rare event of snow in Amsterdam, where the grands got to "experiment" ice for the first time.

Bundled up.

image.thumb.jpeg.0e19ff0bffad919498ec88fd46e65ace.jpeg

DS1 playing football with his nephews.

image.thumb.jpeg.c970036c0d02ee90b5ab5851dd54e69c.jpeg

Look!! Snow AND ice...

image.thumb.jpeg.6e59f916f8a33ae19e212c90724a94c7.jpeg

I’m glad you were able to have a change with the bonus of seeing your kids. 
I think of you all every day and hope you and your loved ones are safe and as little worried as possible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I feel like I just won the Golden Ticket, like Charlie Bucket in Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory.  

We just got our GTY room assignment for the Icon Maiden Voyage that is in just 3 days!  We were not sure if we were even going to get a room and were ready to receive whatever assignment they’d give us on boarding day but it came through.  We reserved Interior Gty but they upgraded us to an OV Deck 10 Front smack Center.  So, that is a plus there.  I am so excited to just be going on the ship.  What kind of cabin we get is not important to DH and me.  We won’t be spending much time in there anyway as we will be spending most of every minute of the day checking everything out on the ship.  After all, it is only a 7-day cruise.  Can’t waste a minute.

I don’t want to duplicate postings so I will share my pictures, thoughts and comments on the Live Icon thread.  See you there!

Congrats on the upgrade. Have a great cruise! Remember that some of us need pictures.😉

• Like 8

@aussielozzie18 Last night was the season finale of NCIS Sydney. 
We only got it over here because of the writers/actors strikes stopping production of movies and tv shows. 
We haven’t heard yet if CBS will buy more episodes, but I’m hoping. 
I have really enjoyed it, although I need closed captions to follow the dialogue sometimes!

Our NCIS doesn’t come on early enough for me, so this was like a gift!

I hope it’s a big hit over there, and enough viewers liked it here to give us more seasons. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am pretty sure that I got the idea on this thread.  The handheld luggage weigher is so nice.  We are packed and on the road.  We are taking the trip to Miami in steps so hopefully I conserve enough energy. We plan to be in Huntsville Al tonight, spend a day Thursday with family and then drive to Nashville for a direct flight Friday evening.  If all goes well all should be good to go Saturday morning.  I am sure my energy will surge as we meet up with @FromSea2ShiningSea H & M,  start exploring the ship, and see the others we all know.  Exciting!

Safe travel wishes for you. Have a great time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DH has had a cold that developed into bronchitis.  Started on the 16th…and it wasn’t until Friday after 5 that he decided a prescription might help.  So Monday he started a Z Pack.  So I’ve been home most of two weeks.  Luckily I’ve had congenial company (NOT DH.)

IMG_5745.jpeg

IMG_5747.jpeg

IMG_5743.jpeg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We only got it over here because of the writers/actors strikes stopping production of movies and tv shows. 
I have really enjoyed it, although I need closed captions to follow the dialogue sometimes!

I hope it’s a big hit over there, and enough viewers liked it here to give us more seasons. 

Hi. Big fuss made when it was announced that they were filming in Sydney etc but haven’t heard anything about it since.  Hopefully it’s popular in other countries for a second season for you.  I haven’t watched it myself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

DH has had a cold that developed into bronchitis.  Started on the 16th…and it wasn’t until Friday after 5 that he decided a prescription might help.  So Monday he started a Z Pack.  So I’ve been home most of two weeks.  Luckily I’ve had congenial company (NOT DH.)

IMG_5745.jpeg

IMG_5747.jpeg

IMG_5743.jpeg

Beautiful kitties!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Packing today for our 2 month trip to Australia and NZ.  We got a Royal Up to a balcony on the last 2 B3B which is the circumnavigation around Australia.  Although one is really obstructed we are happy as we placed really low bids.  The original cost for a balcony on these was almost double and we couldn’t justify the cost.  When Royal changed ships from Enchantment to Brilliance we lost our original cabin and had 3 different cabins anyway. Fresh air for 34/46 nights will be wonderful.  

That sounds Amazing.  Hope you have a great cruise with perfect weather.  Some photos would be enjoyed if you have time.   Safe travels😊

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I also enjoyed NCIS Sydney and hope it continues for us in the US to watch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Enjoy your cruise!
We hope to see some pictures here, when you can, please?

I’ll try and post a few.  We aren’t getting the internet package so I won’t be on much but I’ll definitely try to post a few from Sydney before we leave.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I just saw the movie Holdovers .I thought it was good but not great.I cannot understand why the main actress in the film is winning awards for her role in the film.In my opinion the second male lead is worthy of supporting actor nominations.

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My high school in Florida didn’t have a gym, but we had a football stadium. 
new school, and priorities ruled. 

My high school had a beautiful field but did not have a football team.Two of the colleges that I attended did not have any athletic teams.Sole concentration was on studies.

14 hours ago, helen haywood said:

IMG_5745.jpeg

IMG_5747.jpeg

IMG_5743.jpeg

Hope your DH is feeling better now.

The cats are adorable!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1