Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We had a met a nice couple from Canada early on.   Yesterday they went to Hideaway while we went to Beach club.  

They said it was so loud with lots of thumping bass no matter where they sat.  They said they will never go back to Hideaway.   They left after 2 hrs and went to chill island for rest of the day.

Beach club was a perfect day.   Great lunch too!

20240307_131930.thumb.jpg.b824624c9af16d6f27532201429177b5.jpg20240307_101721.thumb.jpg.48dbd79aed2dd487fcc15134545e55e4.jpg20240307_092531.thumb.jpg.17d9a2ff65e8352e4aab0894416b49d8.jpg20240307_124151.thumb.jpg.a962818014401797a018882b1e34c94a.jpg

• Like 18

41 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am a huge Gino fan. I’ve seen him every time he’s come to Kansas City. I remember hearing his song “Powerful People” with its rich bass synth line and thinking this is the kind of music and groove I love. His album “Storm At Sunup’ blew me away with its advanced arrangements. I was hooked long before most of the public heard “I Just Wanna Stop.” My favorite song is “Brother to Brother” which as a drummer had a killer drum track by the late great Mark Craney. I was so obsessed with his track that I transcribed the whole drum part and played to it hundreds of times. 

Btw, I just watched the Herb Alpert documentary a few days ago. It was really good.

Huge Steve and Edie fan here. Their Christmas album “That Holiday Feeling “ is one of my all time favorites. His voice and range was incredible as well as his harmonies with Edie. He will be missed but I’m glad his music lives on.

We saw Herb Albert a couple of times in last few years, he is still fantastic he tours with his wife the former lead singer for Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66 , he donated his salary to charity , which isn’t hard considering he is worth almost a billion dollars. A couple of artists on rock and romance cruises said he was great to work for ( he co-owned A&M records)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I am a huge Gino fan. I’ve seen him every time he’s come to Kansas City. I remember hearing his song “Powerful People” with its rich bass synth line and thinking this is the kind of music and groove I love. His album “Storm At Sunup’ blew me away with its advanced arrangements. I was hooked long before most of the public heard “I Just Wanna Stop.” My favorite song is “Brother to Brother” which as a drummer had a killer drum track by the late great Mark Craney. I was so obsessed with his track that I transcribed the whole drum part and played to it hundreds of times. 

Btw, I just watched the Herb Alpert documentary a few days ago. It was really good.

Huge Steve and Edie fan here. Their Christmas album “That Holiday Feeling “ is one of my all time favorites. His voice and range was incredible as well as his harmonies with Edie. He will be missed but I’m glad his music lives on.

My father worked with Eydie Gorme’s father.She and Steve aka Sidney were in my parents apartment when they were dating.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, George C said:

We saw Herb Albert a couple of times in last few years, he is still fantastic he tours with his wife the former lead singer for Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66 , he donated his salary to charity , which isn’t hard considering he is worth almost a billion dollars. A couple of artists on rock and romance cruises said he was great to work for ( he co-owned A&M records)

I did not not know that he is an accomplished painter and sculptor. Very talented.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a met a nice couple from Canada early on.   Yesterday they went to Hideaway while we went to Beach club.  

They said it was so loud with lots of thumping bass no matter where they sat.  They said they will never go back to Hideaway.   They left after 2 hrs and went to chill island for rest of the day.

We were worried about that for Hideaway Beach.  Based on the frequent discussions here about noise levels on the ships, grandkids, etc., I don't think many of us are in the Hideaway Beach target audience. 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We were worried about that for Hideaway Beach.  Based on the frequent discussions here about noise levels on the ships, grandkids, etc., I don't think many of us are in the Hideaway Beach target audience. 😁

That’s what I like about the Coco Cay Beach Club. They play a great mix of chill music at lower volumes. It’s there as background music, not overpowering but with a groove that makes you happy. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Question for the Doctor's in the house or those with Diabetes? Just had my 6 month check up and my A1C level was at 7.1..............I have not talked to the Doctor since I received the results this morning...........No idea if this is Type 1 or 2 or what really.

My results up until now have been in low 5's and mid to upper 6's, this is the first time I have ever been over 7.

I have been gaining some weight in the last 2 or 3 years though, so while I was at the visit I asked what supplement he would recommend to help lose some weight.

He mentioned trying 1500 mg of Berberine, has anyone heard of this? If so how did it work for you.

I do know I have to cut down on after dinner snacking, more exercise and cut way down on my sugar intake.

@Ocean Boy

I was in high 6.? My doctor has me taking Metformin twice a day now I am in low 6.?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, George C said:

I was in high 6.? My doctor has me taking Metformin twice a day now I am in low 6.?

My DH had an A1C in the double digits when he was first diagnosed and a fasting blood sugar over 300.😱  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great pictures as always.  You're missing Serenade in Sydney!

Thanks & yes I did but I am just so pleased that Sydney put on such good weather for the World Cruisers’ one day visit.  The sail into the harbour on a beautiful morning, a ferry ride to Manly on a sunny day and wandering around Circular Quay on a warm evening is a truly magic experience.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, George C said:

Has it worked for you have you lost weight? what brand are you taking and where are you buying it at?

Edit: Seems like this is prescription isn't it, not over the counter?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Yesterday morning, a tire fell off of a United Airlines jetliner bound for Osaka, Japan during its take-off from SFO.  The plane made an emergency landing in LAX. That loose tire smashed into a small compact car in an employee parking lot where it then bounced off and totally crushed a red Tesla.  Fortunately, no one was hurt.

This is the same flight/plane we will be taking for our trip to Japan in 2 weeks.  Yikes! 😬  I hope it will be a boring non eventful flight for us.

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Yesterday morning, a tire fell off of a United Airlines jetliner bound for Osaka, Japan during its take-off from SFO.  The plane made an emergency landing in LAX. That loose tire smashed into a small compact car in an employee parking lot where it then bounced off and totally crushed a red Tesla.  Fortunately, no one was hurt.

This is the same flight/plane we will be taking for our trip to Japan in 2 weeks.  Yikes! 😬  I hope it will be a boring non eventful flight for us.

United had another incident today too.  A plane went off the runway in Houston.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

First, welcome back... again.🙂

So with the little info I know about your situation you most likely have type 2. This means you are manufacturing insulin from your pancreas but your sensitivity to it is decreasing. There are various reasons for this but I can't get into all that here. I have never heard of the supplement that you mentioned so I cannot comment on it. The key in the initial management if type 2 is lifestyle changes. Decrease your simple sugar consumption and be careful with the amount and type of carbohydrates that you eat. Exercise and weight loss is also key. Then see how your lab values respond.

I have many times been able to manage type 2 using no medication at all when people have been willing to make the necessary lifestyle changes. Of course, there are always some who just won't put the effort into their health and want meds to fix everything. I've never been a big believer in better living through chemistry. Then there are those who end up on meds no matter how hard they try.

@Ocean Boy

Screenshot_20240308_212212.jpg

Screenshot_20240308_212321.jpg

Screenshot_20240308_212247.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It is 22.00pm now and we had a lovely Italian dinner with our Sarah tonight at our favourite Italian restaurant.

I had a Calzone pizza.

IMG_20240308_182001.jpg

IMG_20240308_182019.jpg

IMG_20240308_215918.jpg

Do you folks start Daylight Savings Time this weekend?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Just got to see Kenzie!  She is helping with the flowers again today. 

image.thumb.png.c1414d46e3d2184cf291c5369eb6e1c9.png

Question from a black thumb gardener, why pull the bulb up too?  I leave them in for the next year, though the chipmunks and squirrels eat them or relocate them.  They don't touch daffodils though.

• Like 2

The Walking Dead second season is going to be filmed in Boston and the surrounding area starting in April.  They are holding a casting call, looking for people with "weathered faces" and tall, thin people to be "walkers".  They are paying roles but do not include transportation or food.  Anyone looking for work? 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Has it worked for you have you lost weight? what brand are you taking and where are you buying it at?

Edit: Seems like this is prescription isn't it, not over the counter?

No weight loss but  A1C1 way lower it is a physician . 

• Like 1