Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

That is quite an accomplishment, it speaks to his consistency.   Just bought my Ranger playoff tickets for rounds 1 & (hopefully) 2. Fingers-crossed, I don't see Sid the Kid. He's a Ranger-killer.

Alex Ovechkin is 46 goals away from breaking Gretzky records for career regular season goals. If he can keep up his current pace, that's about a 1 1/2 seasons away. I wonder if he's going to play into his 40's to set a new record?

Ovechkiin lives on the same block as my other son in laws mother .She is a fan of his team and believes that he will play into his 40’s.

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Good luck to Woman's UConn Huskies tonight!!!🏀🏀🏀

I hope they win .I am rooting for UConn Men’s team too.I am a long time fan of the Hurley family of Coaches.I was also very happy that Seton Hall won the NIt last bight.

• Like 1

Finally got around to crack open one of my Christmas presents. Wow this is so good!

Clase Azul Reposado Tequila. 100% Blue Weber Agave aged in American whiskey casks. Cheers to the weekend everyone!

IMG_4287.thumb.jpeg.c821060839534de5a05bb87a930cea12.jpeg

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Finally got around to crack open one of my Christmas presents. Wow this is so good!

Clase Azul Reposado Tequila. 100% Blue Weber Agave aged in American whiskey casks. Cheers to the weekend everyone!

Cheers Greg.  Enjoy!  Lovely bottle it comes in and like your line-up in the background of the photo. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Cheers Greg.  Enjoy!  Lovely bottle it comes in and like your line-up in the background of the photo. 

If you only knew that isn’t a fourth of what I have. In the dining room is a cabinet with my whiskey and bourbon collection and then two bar carts with all my other spirits for making custom craft cocktails. It’s fun to experiment.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

If you only knew that isn’t a fourth of what I have. In the dining room is a cabinet with my whiskey and bourbon collection and then two bar carts with all my other spirits for making custom craft cocktails. It’s fun to experiment.

Pre - game Opening day Pirates game haul: 🍻

IMG_3147.thumb.jpeg.356bc0bdfd73e7b3c9ed4b51bd49d815.jpeg

IMG_3152.thumb.jpeg.25596341feee0dec0fbdc2fad62dd5ff.jpeg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Yeah, that earthquake was a bit freaky.  I'm about 75 miles from the epicenter as crows fly but the fault line that it occurred on runs through the northern NYC suburbs, probably 12-15 miles away.  Not sure if that amplified it but it lasted a good minute, maybe a bit longer.

I was sitting at my laptop in my home office when I first noticed things around me start to shake a little bit, like the leaves on a plant in front of the window.   First thought  "That was a really strong gust on wind". Just then, the oil burner directly underneath my office kicked in as others items around me started to shake even more, like the coffee in my cup. Then a low rumble that got progressively louder and finally I could feel the floor move sideways and the walls shake. Second thought "My oil burner is going to blow". Which I think is impossible but I still headed for the door when the third thought dawned on me: "Is this an earthquake? Do I go outside, stay inside, lay on the floor, sit in a bathtub, where is Leonard?"  All in about a Milli-second.

No damage to report around the house & Leonard is just fine. Spent the last few hours watching the news. 

@DaniDanielle, @mets07, @lenquixote66, @HBE4 that would be a frightening experience.  Glad you are ok (your homes & pets too).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

We had a wet weather event in Sydney and the East Coast in the last 48hrs. Flights, airport trains and cruises were impacted.

A pet dog that had just had abdominal surgery on managed to get out from his unlocked cage inside the vets, and walk out of the unmanned and unlocked vet premises (no idea how THIS happened!) in the early hours of the Friday morning.  

The community banded together to help the distraught owner doorknock homes & businesses and search in absolutely abysmal weather.  

Woke up to blue skies and sunshine this morning in Sydney this morning and the best news possible -   at 2am - a local out searching heard whimpering and this big beautiful dog was found ❤️

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was listening to the Mets game on radio and one of the broadcasters said there was another earthquake at 5:45 this afternoon.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

We had an aftershock about an hour ago.  Heard Brooklyn was hit hard.

luckily my daughter and the kids were still on the island.

Around 6:00 pm, I felt an aftershock. This time, it felt like a sonic boon from a jet. Or dynamite blasting way off in the distance. House trembled for a few seconds & that was it.

If it wasn't for this morning quake, I wouldn't have given it a second thought.  Someone mentioned it was a 4.0 magnitude.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

We had an aftershock about an hour ago.  Heard Brooklyn was hit hard.

luckily my daughter and the kids were still on the island.

Marietta, what do you mean that Brooklyn was hit hard?  Damages?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I thought it was my washer going crazy until I realized it wasn’t on😳My poor daughter messaged me from her room, walls were shaking bed jumping!  My brother was a nervous wreck, he was home alone.  His whole house shook. So no California for us🥴

We felt the earthquake at our office too.  We are approx 30 miles from Lebanon, NJ.   At first a couple of us thought it sounded like a freight train but then the whole building shook.  A couple people ran outside to see what was happening while a new employee that came here from the Netherlands just sat there and calmly said  "it's an earthquake" and continued to work.   While another employee climbed under her desk.   

I remember having one several years ago but never felt anything.   This one was much different.

Eric said he felt it at our house and the cats scrambled around then just stopped at stared at him Until he told them everything was ok.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 7

0 for 6 from 3 for Clark.................little different when you have a great defender covering her.

First time in her college career she has failed to hit a 3pt shot in the 1st half of a game.

Don't think it really matters who wins this game anyway, South Carolina is way to good.

Edited by Jimbo

On 4/2/2024 at 1:23 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Why not this year ? It may be Iowa vs.SC 

One of my granddaughters friends is on a team that nearly defeated SC last week.They can be beaten.

Bad passing. Terrible shot percentage, no offensive rebounds...

Earthquakes always ramp up. (You just kind of pause and wait to see how much🤔) 1989 Loma Prieta was a 6.9. I was sitting at the kitchen table reading the newspaper when it started. And then it started ramping and it felt like the kitchen was going off the foundation. The ceiling fan was swaying broadly. At that point I went under the table. 

And then I went and found Walter the cat, who was flat on his tummy, all 4 paws stretched out and trying to hold onto the concrete in the driveway for dear life. I checked in with the neighbors who were all out in their front yards. I brought Walter back in and continued reading the paper. It wasn't until about 20 minutes later, that I thought to turn on the TV. And lots of stuff was happening. 

Surprisingly, we had damage from that one. There is a small crack in the driveway that continues all the way up through the concrete front porch. 

According to the Richter Scale, each whole number is a 10x increase in amplitude/magnitude. Fours shake stuff, but they don't do much. You think about yourself and your pets, then your neighbors and family, and then everyone else. Probably typical of most disasters. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

0 for 6 from 3 for Clark.................little different when you have a great defender covering her.

First time in her college career she has failed to hit a 3pt shot in the 1st half of a game.

Don't think it really matters who wins this game anyway, South Carolina is way to good.

59 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Bad passing. Terrible shot percentage, no offensive rebounds...

Not sure how I ended up quoting that old post before, but wow, what a comeback. Not great playing, but just good enough.

Iowa going B2B in the National Championship game!

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Obviously you are are a Clark hater. Give it a rest. She will be ok.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George C said:

Billy. Joel will be doing hundredth concert at Madison square garden in two weeks and CBS will have it on tv . 

Curious if Liberty Devitto will be on drums. Love him!!! 

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That’s a very interesting bottle and it would make a unique lamp if Linda would  agree to it.  You mentioned your collection and I was wondering if you’ve ever posted a pic of your bar. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, NHProud said:

That’s a very interesting bottle and it would make a unique lamp if Linda would  agree to it.  You mentioned your collection and I was wondering if you’ve ever posted a pic of your bar. I went back to the first 50 pages because I remember seeing one bar but no luck . I did however see a handsome 13 year old Owen .  Interesting, too, to see who has been with the group since 4/2020. 

I first learned about Clase Azule and that bottle from episodes of Below Deck. It seemed to be very popular with high paying guests along with Juan Julio 1942 as tequila for choice. The bottle is a great art piece that I will save. My bar is almost all over the place. I have a dedicated space for whiskey and bourbon and then several bar carts for all my tiki rums and other spirits. I need to organize it better but needless to say I have enough that would be as good as some bars. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I first learned about Clase Azule and that bottle from episodes of Below Deck. It seemed to be very popular with high paying guests along with Juan Julio 1942 as tequila for choice. The bottle is a great art piece that I will save. My bar is almost all over the place. I have a dedicated space for whiskey and bourbon and then several bar carts for all my tiki rums and other spirits. I need to organize it better but needless to say I have enough that would be as good as some bars. 

The bottle almost looks Scandinavian.  I’m not a fan of realty shows . I think they are scripted otherwise boring unless you’re a Larry David . Who pays whom on those shows.  I’ve already mentioned that I spoke with the dad of one contestant on the Apprentice and he told me it is not what it appears to be. His daughter must have signed a non disclosure agreement.  

I’m glad you are getting so much pleasure out of your collection. 

• Like 4