Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

On the plane now going back to California after a 9 day trip to NYC.

Free wifi and monitor on Jetblue flights as well as charger plugs underneath seats to power up all electronic devices 

20240705_153343.thumb.jpg.ec53f0e4bf926da15d310f018df7c4b3.jpg

20240705_164551.thumb.jpg.a02c5bad163ac9fc2b2c2b180e786a76.jpg

20240705_163201.thumb.jpg.0690cbd250cca275d9867d2060d4a995.jpg

20240705_164607.thumb.jpg.5f56837730fe57275fa1d273fe3ac37f.jpg

Welcome home Harry. You will be coming back to VERY warm weather. ☺️ But no humidity!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Anyone tech, if I moved the router would this stop going offline

It might, though something else might also be causing the dropped connection. 

6 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Welcome home Harry. You will be coming back to VERY warm weather. ☺️ But no humidity!

Thanks.

Yeah. That's what I have been reading as the west coast is going through a big heatwave.

I had packed long pants and long sleeve shirt to wear on the plane as SFO at night can be brutally cold even in July but opted for t shirts and shorts instead for the plane. 

The worst part of any vacation for me is the airport/plane ride. At least now I have TSA precheck to make things easier.

• Like 6

On 7/3/2024 at 1:04 PM, DaniDanielle said:

My father took us to all the touristy spots.  He made sure, we as New Yorkers, didn’t miss any.  Loved the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty.  I remember being amazed at 42st.!  I was a child!! 

Love NYC! I'm trying to schedule a visit with my sister, we haven't visited in years. DH and I went to the Open every year for about 10 years. We quit going when it got too crowded.  I have great photos of my niece ice skating on the plaza at Rockefeller center and in Central Park. 

When we lived in Richmond, we went to all the tourist places in the city and around the state. Particularly enjoyed Williamsburg even though I lived there in college.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@Sea Dog I made my final payment for Mexico cruise . Yours must be coming up very soon.

Just did it this week. Remind me when is your cruise?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I went to all of the above.Toby worked at 2 World Trade Center and at the time I was working on Maiden Lane so I went to meet her after work nearly every day.

Yes, most NYers have been to the touristy places at one time or another. So many wonderful places to visit.

Since it's been discussed in here, I'm going to clean out my fridge tomorrow in honor of @dani negreanu Dani, with hopes that there will never be another lockdown ever again.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

@dani negreanu

Congratulations on your thread reaching 5,000 pages!! W🤩W!!

And thank you once again for creating this wonderful thread where our 

"Family of Friends" 🥰 from all over the world have been able to gather.

Wishing and hoping that there will be many more pages in our future!

💞 Sue

Edited by CrzLvr2
typo
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NHProud said:

10/4

Thanks is that Navigator too? I will be interested if so on how you liked it. First time for us on that itinerary.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

It might, though something else might also be causing the dropped connection. 

I asked my cousin if I could just unplug the router. I dont know why he put it in a far corner of the back bedroom. Not another plug socket? It's done this more than a few times. It will show me a old email and I'll think I havent heard from this person in a long time .. turns out when it goes offline it picks up a old email, just like it picked up a old post. It's ok within 5 seconds, resets but has caused some wierd things like old emails to come up. 

I dont want to have to call them back out here. I've already called right after he installed it went offline, but then fixed itself. Spectrum said they will leave the ticket open. Too many of us on the same line. I just dont know enough to guess.

2 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Yeah. That's what I have been reading as the west coast is going through a big heatwave.

Yeah, son and DIL drove from SF up to Sacramento today for a getaway.  They said it was 106° up there today.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Before we would load my chair on the back of our Highlander.  A lot of work for Sharon and hard for me to ride in it.  Hard to travel on rainy days.

I had something great happen a few weeks ago. A friend helped us find an accessible van!  Now I can ride into the side of the van and strap it in up front!  So much more comfortable!

I can no longer fly.  We are testing how far I can handle riding in it.  Today we were out 6 hours, 5 on the road 1 hour at Applebee's.   First half was rough, second good.  We have more testing to do.

Thank you for sharing and updating us on how your life is going.   You have such an amazing, loving and strong wife in Sharon and such a wonderful family;  and those grandchildren!!!!  We know the smiles and happiness that they put on your face every time you see them.  That Kenzie squeezing your feet.  Love it!!  Your positivity is such an inspiration for us all.

How great that you now have an accessible van and can ride right into the side of the van!  Now that you and Sharon will be driving to Florida, how many hours  is it from your home?

Keep those Dad jokes coming, John!!  🥰🙏+ hugs!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mo&fran said:

We have made final payment for 5 cruises on Freedom , starting the end of September , and ending the beginning of November.  That is 35 days, my longest to be on a cruise. My first solo cruise ever. There will be friends on some of the cruises. I may have to start to frequent the lounges, which we didn't before, since Mo didn't like them.

Hugs, Francis❤️

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I dont know why he put it in a far corner of the back bedroom.

I assume that’s where the internet connection originates (cable connection).  Any other appearance of that cable can be used. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Yeah, son and DIL drove from SF up to Sacramento today for a getaway.  They said it was 106° up there today.  

Yeah. Unfortunately that's the typical weather in Sacramento in July. I grew up in the central valley and many summer days are above 100. Cooling off days are when its below 90.

My brother in law is in Vegas now and they're at 112.

The hard part is not everyone in the bay area has air conditioning if you live very close to the water with the natural air conditioner blowing in cold air from the Pacific. 

Days like these makes you think you should buy AC unit but hen it cools off by next week, you say "nah, I don't need it. I'll use the money for vacation instead..."

• Like 6