Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you both!

Which leads me to my next question: Is there any official place for Bella planning? The FOB thread does not seem very active & I'm guessing we'll keep Bella related activities off the Roll Call thread as it's used by many others.  Our "host" can no longer post here  &  I'm not on the other social media site. At least, not yet, although I can be if I need to be.

I have the same question.

I  am sorry, I will not be joining all of you for Bella 2.  I had our favorite TA book about 10 cruises in Asia, Australia, NZ and the South Pacific, and cancelled the Wonder, aka Bella sailing.  We buried K’s mother yesterday, after we cut our trip out west short in the Airstream.  Saw a lot of amazing things on the trip, I flew K home as we were trying to return because it was obvious she was failing.  Fortunately, she got back while they could still talk.  I made it back on my own a bit later.  It was a lovely moment on a beautiful fall day without a cloud in the sky and the flag at half mast for her, as she was interred with her husband who died 46 years ago.  A WWII veteran of the South Pacific theatre, specifically fighting in the battle for Peleliu with the Wildcat division of the Army. 

If you want I will post some pix of our trip thru a few NPs and a trip thru some beautiful country, both in the USA and Canada.  

JC

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I  am sorry, I will not be joining all of you for Bella 2.  I had our favorite TA book about 10 cruises in Asia, Australia, NZ and the South Pacific, and cancelled the Wonder, aka Bella sailing.  We buried K’s mother yesterday, after we cut our trip out west short in the Airstream.  Saw a lot of amazing things on the trip, I flew K home as we were trying to return because it was obvious she was failing.  Fortunately, she got back while they could still talk.  I made it back on my own a bit later.  It was a lovely moment on a beautiful fall day without a cloud in the sky and the flag at half mast for her, as she was interred with her husband who died 46 years ago.  A WWII veteran of the South Pacific theatre, specifically fighting in the battle for Peleliu with the Wildcat division of the Army. 

If you want I will post some pix of our trip thru a few NPs and a trip thru some beautiful country, both in the USA and Canada.  

JC

My condolences on the loss. Good that your wife and her mom got to talk.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

My deer story. I was driving past the high school on my way to work. I was only going about 15 or 20 because of the kids and drop off traffic. He was leaping, and I only saw him for an instant coming out of the sun. 

And then this brown, furry, flattened face smashed into my driver’s side window. I made gibbering noises and my feet came off the pedals as I tried to climb into the passenger side with my seat belt on as I steered towards the curb. I just sat there until a man came up to hand me my side mirror. He was brushing deer ticks off the window with his sleeve. 

The window wouldn’t go down, so I got out of the car and looked back. There was a beautiful buck laying across the lane and cars were going slowly around him. I started crying uncontrollably. One of the kids yelled, “Wow lady, that deer ran right into your car!”. The whole side was smashed in and punctured from his antlers. 

Campus security came and said they had called Animal Control. I was standing there holding my mirror and crying. As we watched, the deer stood up and spread his legs and shook himself all over like a wet dog, and then he trotted off. 

I went home and didn’t go to work. Animal Control later said they didn’t find him. $5000 damage to the car. Our insurance agent said that deer strikes are not uncommon and at that time, Pennsylvania had the most of them. 

There should be other options to respond than "like, thank you, laughter.  What an awful experience!

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Bonnie - If you haven't done so recently, I'd try turning off and then back on your phone.  Most people never turn off their phone.  Apps that slightly misbehave can causing a buildup of memory or other issues on a phone that eventually can lead to other problems over time.  

Whether it's a phone, a tablet, a computer, or many other electronic devices with computer chips in them, the first troubleshooting step should be to reboot.  

Thanks Bob.  Turning my  phone totally off and on again was my first option.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Also make sure your attachments are not too large. There is a size limit, which I can't remember, and if you exceed it that is exactly the message you get.

Attachments are not large at all, the same size as the attachments that I've always sent.

I just find it frustrating that the employees in two phone stores couldn't help.  I'm going to google more phone stores not far from me and give it another shot.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I've: 1) hit deer, 2) had deer hit me and 3) also ran over a already deceased deer that was in the middle of the highway.

#1 cause $10,000 damage to the car. Parking sensors and HID headlights are expensive. The headlights alone were $1,300 each. Far cry from the $20 headlights I used to get at Sears Auto Parts in my youth.

#2 was only $5,000 for door dent & replacing auto-dimming, motorized side mirror (also over $1,000)

Everything was covered by insurance & used genuine Lexus parts. Or so I'm told

#3 caused $0 damage (other than tightening a loose heat shield) to the car but I had to spend a good part of my Friday night cleaning the underneath of the car.  A story that's not for the faint of heart so I'll leave it at that.

OUCH! 

Magic Island- a park that’s a little hidden, has a beach, lagoon and a walking path.  A great quiet place where locals go for a nice morning stroll, jog, swim or surf.

IMG_7653.thumb.jpeg.25ee1d4eaf833c13c13f5d398c2b2e27.jpeg

IMG_7655.thumb.jpeg.9adb9adf7d9cb9d846322cbf66728e2e.jpeg

This reminds me of Ken @Ken at the beach ‘s Toby’s surfing lessons in Laihina.

IMG_7665.thumb.jpeg.d09d74b18ccde64493a4b6efb2213616.jpeg

Diamond Head up ahead to the right

IMG_7670.thumb.jpeg.0a7a78532580bc1773ae3fa54e5a1676.jpeg

Diamond Head 

IMG_7672.thumb.jpeg.de5a646b684a25d2950b0b347cb7bae7.jpeg

IMG_7677.thumb.jpeg.9dd664be86d95fa85bb2cb6681f67a06.jpeg

Perfect timing for this sunset.  We came upon this when we were crossing a pedestrian bridge.

IMG_7697.thumb.jpeg.b59f1c869dc6e794723224e9ef2ad41b.jpeg

IMG_7704.thumb.jpeg.19741d9b2c501ad087f858c7421b54c6.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

28 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Magic Island- a park that’s a little hidden, has a beach, lagoon and a walking path.  A great quiet place where locals go for a nice morning stroll, jog, swim or surf.

Diamond Head 

Perfect timing for this sunset.  We came upon this when we were crossing a pedestrian bridge.

Those are great pics.  Keep them coming!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@xpcdoojk

JC, please convey my sincere condolences to Krystal on the loss of her dear mom.

Pictures of your travels are very welcome.

I hope we'll get to meet should you rebook a cruise to the Holy Land.

+1 @xpcdoojk  sorry to read about your loss.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Diamond Head 

Why are Hawaiian sunsets always so incredible???  I love your framing of the last picture with the masts in the background and the lone SUP paddler...all silhouetted.  Beautiful.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Canmore, we did laundry there, ate lunch, saw Elk grazing by the public tennis courts, and shopped the cute town.  The night before it was cold and raining at the campground at Banff, and we were rewarded with snow covered mountains the next day.  Mountains are so much lovelier when they have snow on them.  Call me a snob, but I like my mountains snow covered.😆

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Canmore, we did laundry there, ate lunch, saw Elk grazing by the public tennis courts, and shopped the cute town.  The night before it was cold and raining at the campground at Banff, and we were rewarded with snow covered mountains the next day.  Mountains are so much lovelier when they have snow on them.  Call me a snob, but I like my mountains snow covered.😆

Canmore is beautiful.  So long as it is on the mountains, that’s the way I like it.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

JC

Sincere condolences for your loss.

Edited by Arzeena