Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

42 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Park Avenue and 57th Street.  I was an Executive Secretary there.  I loved working Midtown.  After my boss passed away, I decided to leave there and began working at White & Case, which is where Giuliani was a lawyer.  (although I didn't know it at the time), so I was back downtown again...I loved being downtown also.  I guess you could say, I just love Manhattan!!!!  LOL!

My last job in Manhattan was at 47th and Madison , Caltex oil , they moved me to Dallas , then they moved to Singapore, that’s where I met my wife at work in Dallas.

• Like 3

It looks like Fred has decided to go a little to the west.  Although Fred is no longer centered on Fort Walton Beach, it will still make landfall in NW Florida.  It should just be a breezy rain event for us unless it strengthens tonight and tomorrow over the gulf.

Mysquirrels that have been visiting my balcony the last couple of years, have been stocking up on the peanuts today.  They will usually eat some of the loose nuts and eat a peanut or two then scurry off to do what squirrels do all day.   Then come back in the late afternoon for their dinner snack.  
But today, they just kept coming up to take one or two peanuts, run back to their dreys, then come back for more.  They have been going back and forth all day collecting their stash before the storm.  
AEC954BF-092F-49D5-9087-6C7C5DA642B7.thumb.jpeg.8e811e2bfa38ad922b54ef530b900e26.jpegA28DCA1C-7210-49C3-B669-67E15AA88162.thumb.jpeg.90da68de03a3e3127f936d80eb2b8923.jpegA14A5DCD-0F89-4441-BBAD-A93764B55476.thumb.jpeg.e7a276c048b11d1f36139b41fdb03e3d.jpeg5B096A67-6285-406F-BA88-BCE131FE756C.thumb.jpeg.8c60b09302880a875aedf7fbf4e05b8a.jpeg

Sometimes they just like to lay out and rest on the rail for an hour at a time some days.  Guess they feel comfortable here.

59713B61-6739-4608-9DC6-958E5FCC2652.thumb.jpeg.8722f4033217bba6df5e8b8cd1562c4e.jpeg63C6477B-3876-455D-8DFA-F0878934CEC4.thumb.jpeg.938c39a7dd3ba48284eead3fa5be74cb.jpeg

• Like 14

Started off day in Ohio

West Virginia 

Virginia 

North Carolina 

South Carolina 

Georgia 

Took 12 hours 

Tomorrow 6 hours to Fort  Meyer 

Check out lot 

Then chill.  Swim.  Hot tub. 

Pictures bad. 

Take care 

3DF1C6CF-5F3C-4FC0-B96F-AC71858CAF58.jpeg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Yes, as of now, they are using the virtual queue for 2 rides out here.  At Disneyland,  it's Rise of Resistance. Over at CA Adventure, it's the brand new Spiderman Web Slinger ride that debuted couple of months ago. 

CA Adventure opened a new section called Avengers Campus. Basically if you love Marvel movies or TV shows (Wanda Vision/Loki), they have characters all over the place.

20210812_135845.thumb.jpg.bd1f5c7883a01de3631b82e88d60dee9.jpg

20210810_185208.thumb.jpg.0d8a7fc09a9660b4bdc7da6d2c3822c3.jpg

20210812_142255.thumb.jpg.7bbf19b9cd6f8799b6370513792f0810.jpg

Anyway, I got carried away. You asked about the virtual queue for Rise of Resistance - out here you can log in from anywhere in the world by 7 AM to secure a spot. If you can't get a slot at 7, then you must be at the park before 12 noon to try it.

You need good wifi or Internet speed to succeed as competition to get reservation is intense.

We rode on Rise twice and Spiderman twice on the 4 days we were at the parks. Rise is spectacular. A must for Star Wars fans.

20210813_134508.thumb.jpg.7649caddf1fc262dc9aa874f4b4cd84c.jpg

We were at Disneyland the second week after they opened in May.  Same thing, we did the virtual queue right at 7AM but it was all booked.  At noon, we tried again but all booked up again but got back up group #126.  Then later found out that the ride was down- for 2 hours and they never opened back up again.  So we never made it. 

One of the crew members told us that the slots are gone in 10 seconds in the virtual queue.  She gave us a tip on how to get in right at 7AM and noon.   So because we got the 2 day pass, we tried again the next morning.  Couldn't get in again.  Tried again at noon.  Only got back up group # again. 

At 5PM, we went over there and just waited for the numbers to be called (along with many other people thinking the same thing).  We were getting close.  Then, we noticed the line was not moving.  The ride was down!  Some people just left.  We didn't want to leave, LOL.  Then at 6:50, 10 minutes before the park closed (the park closed at 7PM), the ride was fixed and opened again!  DH got to go!  I didn't want to go (because I don't like motion stuff) even though I knew it would be great.  He said it was the most awesome ride.  It was worth the wait and the park $$$'s worth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

I saw Allman brothers in 1971 had never heard of them at the time . First band I ever saw with two drummers. I most likely have the program somewhere. This was at Fillmore East which unfortunately was only open for a few years.

I was at the Fillmore East for many concerts in the 3 years that they were open.

I've been MIA enjoying quality time with our family in NJ.  Weather very hot and humid so outdoor time is spent after 4. 

Finished shooting hoops with neighborhood friends, our grands and friends are now slipping and sliding on a long water mat outside under Jack's watchful eyes.  They're racing all over the property and my 8 yr old granddaughter is keeping up with the 13 yr. olds.

We saw the most amazing plane show from the banks of a beautiful lake.  Loop d loops galore.

I am amazed that the majority of people I see here are wearing masks.  We were in Nordstrom's Rack (where else?) in Paramus and approx. 80% of people were wearing masks.  Sign on door:  "We recommend everyone wear masks"  Oops, we didn't bring them to the store.

One acquaintance of ours is in the hospital with the covid variant.  He was doubled vaxxed Feb/March.  So very sad that we seem to be taking one step forward and 2 steps back.  Dani, healing wishes for your friends to fully recover.

Loved Manhattan chat.  It's where I grew up. I love Upper West Side for its "quietness", not as crowded as midtown. 

I've jibber jabbered enough.

Stay well, all of you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Park Avenue and 57th Street.  I was an Executive Secretary there.  I loved working Midtown.  After my boss passed away, I decided to leave there and began working at White & Case, which is where Giuliani was a lawyer.  (although I didn't know it at the time), so I was back downtown again...I loved being downtown also.  I guess you could say, I just love Manhattan!!!!  LOL!

I worked in Manhattan at various locations from 1961 to 2004.I also worked in Queens,Brooklyn,The Bronx and as I posted previously in Staten Island the summer of 1959.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, George C said:

My last job in Manhattan was at 47th and Madison , Caltex oil , they moved me to Dallas , then they moved to Singapore, that’s where I met my wife at work in Dallas.

I on 47th and 6th from 1964 to 1966 for Time & Life.It was a great job because every employee received every magazine that they published with the weekly pay check.

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well that was frustrating! After not doing any clothes shopping for over two years, I thought I would go out and look for some clothes for our cruise. I learned several things.

Most clothes are made for people way younger than me. Most clothes are made for people way thinner and taller than me. And the stores that I like such as Macy's practically have no men's department any more and hardly any selections. Very depressing.

I even asked on of the clerks what happened to the mens department. She said Covid has limited how much stock is made and delivered. And more people are buying on online and suggested I go to Macys.com to find what I'm looking for. Very sad. 

I went dress hunting for our granddaghter's Confirmation in December, with no luck until the 3rd store I went to.  They had some dresses, but no trying on due to Covid,  I bought 4 of the same dress..2 different sizes, 2 different colors.  Tried them on at home, and returned 3 the next day.  My friend in Florida had trouble finding shoes at that time.

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This is my third attempt at posting responses today.   Let's hope this one works.     

This is my second attempt to double/triple quote.  I haven't been able to react on anyone's post lately.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I can't keep up here, moves to fast

TSOD - Nordham (it's comfy)

Me either, John!!!!

3 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

TSOTD….. GUTFELD! 😀

I Love Gutfeld!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Started off day in Ohio

West Virginia 

Virginia 

North Carolina 

South Carolina 

Georgia 

Took 12 hours 

Tomorrow 6 hours to Fort  Meyer 

Check out lot 

Then chill.  Swim.  Hot tub. 

Pictures bad. 

Take care 

3DF1C6CF-5F3C-4FC0-B96F-AC71858CAF58.jpeg

Come on down, the waters fine

20210814_204636.thumb.jpg.38115994a6ffe0693af9b9c5a89c27f2.jpg

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Significant Other.

They're both widowed, with kids and grandkids from other spouses, assets and houses, so they prefer not to get married....

His son, for example, is still not ready, 10 years after his mother died, to accept that his father has the right not to be alone at his old age...

Yes, she's on the mend. We're very worried about him. That the 2 vaxxed still can get to be hospitalized is quite unnerving, to say the least....

Prayers for your dear friends,  Dani.  Wishing all the best for their safe and speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Meanwhile, the health organizations opened "free for all" centers mainly for the 3rd jab on a SATURDAY !!, and people are rushing to get it.

[Also, for those who didn't want to get vaccinated till now.]

מבצע חיסונים של מד"א ועיריית תל אביב בכיכר דיזנגוף

This line looks just like Florida when the vaccine was becoming available at the beginning of this past year.  We lucked out when Publix started vaccinating in Collier County.  We got our appointments the very first day it was announced.  No line, no craziness.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Very similar recipe, no cranberry, but more booze

That has everything that I like. I always wonder  what someone is thinking when they name a cocktail?......... I just think I answered my own question.😬

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Long Beach Island, NJ aka LBI.    The island is 8 miles at sea and 18 miles long.     Our house is located in a town called Spray Beach.    We are 8 houses to the Ocean and 1 block to Barnegat Bay.    

https://welcometolbi.com/

Beautiful island that is literally my Happy Place.    As soon as I drive over that causeway bridge I feel at peace.     

It has grown a lot, especially after Superstorm Sandy in 2013 but there is a still a lot that is the same to me.    

I can see why it’s a hard decision.  I visited the website then I was able to find it on a street view map.  I started on the corner of Atlantic ave and E 26th st and went down to E 27th.  It looks like a fun place.  I think I could spend time there.  When would you say the water gets to cold to get in.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I keep thinking of you flying all the way to Ottawa to see your daughter, and no doubt, when the time comes, to see your grandson.... Almost 3.5 hours net flight time ....

That was one of the conditions of the move. I like Regina, but I want to see the kids at least a couple of times per year. Now that lockdown (cross fingers) is over, it can start!

We’re driving out next month- it takes 3 days. Canada is a very large country! Luckily, because as we have received mixed doses of the vaccine, we may be stuck in Canada for the time being.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I can see why it’s a hard decision.  I visited the website then I was able to find it on a street view map.  I started on the corner of Atlantic ave and E 26th st and went down to E 27th.  It looks like a fun place.  I think I could spend time there.  When would you say the water gets to cold to get in.

The ocean temp is usually decent till end of october.  I've gone surf fishing and swimming with water warmer than air temp.

Our house is on 23rd street in spray beach.  I grew up on 20th st.  Eric says I never grew up!

20210607_123039.jpg

20210617_122219.jpg

• Like 11

I'm going to post this as I do not want any sympathy but to express how life is so precious and short. Today I learned that I lost one of my best friends, drummer extraordinaire. Alonzo Jr Powell, or as we always called him "Scooter" He was my best friend as we were both drummers . He had a very successful career playing on tour with jazz guitarist Norman Brown and many others. Not only was he an incredible drummer but was one of the kindest most genuine human beings around. Here is a video of him playing with Norman Brown on a tune called "Third World." The video does not show the true talent that he was. We lost a gift tonight and my heart is broken but he will never be forgotten.

Alonzo Jr Powell.  Rest in Peace my brother.

• Like 15