Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I’m lucky, I have easy hair.  No curl, never colored, it just lays there.  I pay $13 senior rate at Great Clips.  My neighbor has curls and color.  I think she pays $30 for a cut.  Sometimes easy is good.

• Like 2

I also cut my husband and son's hair during the Covid lockdown. But I used shorter trimmer guards on the sides and a much longer one on top. It actually looked very similar to their usual haircuts. But I was super glad when Great Clips opened again so they could go back to having someone else do it!

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just got back from getting Covid test for Sunday.   NEGATIVE Yay for us.  Now I need to pack.

YAY for you guys!! 🎉   I go tomorrow for my departure on Monday. 🤞  It sure does take the 'fun' out of the pre-cruise excitement.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Me too! Listened to Cousin Brucie on WABC in NYC.

Also listened to Murray the K- one of the “good guys” on WMCA. 

You brought back sweet memories.  After we were married and became parents, we were driving home from a night out.  I was tired and feeling "stressed".  The car radio was on and I heard "Can't you hear that groovy beat now baby..." It was the Cousin Brucie theme song that I had not heard in at least 15 years.  I had no idea he was still on the radio.  For a few brief moments until we got home, I was 16 again!

Murray the K was known as the fifth Beatle, but Cousin Brucie was my fave.

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I had a WMCA Good Guys shirt!  

We just got back from getting Covid test for Sunday.   NEGATIVE Yay for us.  Now I need to pack.

Yay, wonderful news.

@island lady Good to see you post again but sorry for the wifi problems. You're probably looking forward to your new Sunday digs.  Hope it's more wifi friendly.

@dani negreanu Your grands look wonderful!  Looks cool for those hot Israeli summer days.

We're still in NJ, enjoying every moment except for "killer" mosquitos.  Probably head home on Wed.  We're keeping clear of crowded places.  Most people here wear masks indoors.  I don't see many whip them off when exiting a store.  So strange to see since leaving Texas where masks were hardly worn.

Loving the Disneyland review.  I was in Disneyland once approx. 40 years ago and Disney World 27 years ago.  I think it's time for a return visit!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

YAY for you guys!! 🎉   I go tomorrow for my departure on Monday. 🤞  It sure does take the 'fun' out of the pre-cruise excitement.

Good luck.  It was stressful, even though  there was no possible reason to test positive!

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

So after dinner, you would think we will just take it easy for the rest of the night and relax in hotel.  No way.  As hard core Disney fans and Cheapo Dad trying to maximize value in prepaid tickets, it’s time for round 2 as we made our way back to Disneyland.

Night time is so much more pleasant to visit than day time as it’s much cooler.

Mickey and Friends on Main Street.

20210809_201800.thumb.jpg.95c49ac92ab05a6a55172111370f9bf1.jpg

As you can see from people sitting on both sidewalks, they are securing a spot to watch the fireworks.  That’s too much time commitment for me.  I rather be on a ride instead.

20210809_201856.thumb.jpg.d54a1a5f77a9c30863f8abe705fd9b52.jpg

One thing I do want to note is that Disney parks are so much more festive during the holidays (but I guess everything is but somehow Disney parks looks/feels different). Here’s our 2015 Disneyland Main Street picture during the Holidays (just compare the lights of both pictures)

20151224_201241.thumb.jpg.7f96a312b28accee93d9f26b16657fa2.jpg

Or 2018 WDW Main Street with snope in the air

20181224_185104.thumb.jpg.6de4d08cd62c239f2425ab17e0ba502f.jpg

20181224_185140.thumb.jpg.83e29be693f2ce55ebb50603c52eb798.jpg

As bonus, here’s the WDW castle during the holidays back in 2018

20181230_181853.thumb.jpg.3ad4f0a3601eefaeb22ee5fcc00b5eae.jpg

I loved WDW when we went at night time.    It does seem more magical when all lite up and definitely much cooler.    Our last visit there in 2018 was in May which was very nice weather in Florida.

Yes, they sell those aloe drinks in my area.  I buy them all the time.    Love them!

Loving your photos,  cannot wait to see more of your fun🤩

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My DIL decided to buy an electric trimmer (?) to save on hair cutting....

First non-rev customers - below.

DS2 still on the fence 🤨

איתי ועמית.jpg

Lovely happy grandsons Dani.

My dad used to cut our hairs when we were that age.

Your DIL does a much better job than my dad did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Me too  it stinks!!  Never been tested before this

Edited by molly361
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Yes, they expire, but I was told that you don't lose the value of what you paid. You just have to pay the difference to reach whatever the current price is when you go. 

We were big fans of Magical Express, Magic Bands, and the dining plans at WDW. They made everything about the trip so much easier. They say they are going to bring back the dining plans, but still haven't yet, so I'm sure they are busy dreaming up new ways to charge significantly more for that, too.

So there’s no restriction on when you must buy the new tickets?  At least you can try and wait to see what happens in a year or so without a clock ticking over your head.

My sister’s family originally booked a trip for March 2020 of all places – NYC (Yikes!). Of course, they tried to cancel whatever they could after seeing the front page news back then.  United gave them credits which must be used in 2 years so they felt compelled to do something this summer (use it or lose it). At least you have time to sort things down the road.

Yeap, we love the dining plan.  Can’t see myself going to WDW without a dining plan.  The dining plan made Disney vacation close to being on a cruise.

For those not familiar with the dining plan – it’s Disney’s version of the pre paid meal where you can get one snack/one fast service meal (lunch for us)/one table service meal (dinner for us) per day at your stay.  So you just pick the restaurant and go and when it comes to pay, just show the wait staff your magic band (see previous posts of watch bands) and you are done.  One could argue the food selection was better than a RCI cruise without specialty dining.

Of course, I have food pics to share.  Didn't pay an extra penny for any of the food below (other than the mandatory tips they add to party of 6 for table service)

Lunch and dessert from Animal Kingdom on meal plan credit (Yeah, looks 100X better than the cheapo ham sandwich we made from Costco food)

20181225_133209.thumb.jpg.2b8dcb827c948e2e0cd144602d33bc31.jpg

Teppanyaki dinner at EPCOT using dinner meal credit

20181223_211300.thumb.jpg.36ad23ae017c950461e8699331b550ca.jpg

Afternoon cooling drink at Animal Kingdom using the daily snack credit

1822596811_20181225_173635(1).thumb.jpg.c77ab28f98de818d3b6edbb3d087e0a5.jpg

Buffet dinner at one of the hotels (Boma) using dinner credit

20181225_202417.thumb.jpg.8f1cb317fe36ac7cd4e1349f15156a31.jpg

Dessert at the same buffet

20181225_205644.thumb.jpg.443324867952a59617adc387facf7835.jpg

Japanese tempura with Udon for lunch at EPCOT using lunch credit

20181226_140156.thumb.jpg.d06f0274a83808cfb7bf06bf196b7465.jpg

All you can eat Hawaiian style food at the Polynesian hotel (using dinner credit).  They serve it family style - meaning the waiter keeps brining different types of food until your stomach is ready to pop

20181227_203221.thumb.jpg.98ce642a975ee0db3a2a2f6880687436.jpg

20181227_204841.thumb.jpg.2c52e506d6098836e276bad4046692d1.jpg

20181227_202843.thumb.jpg.7614fbe11bd6e3fd3832d85fefd0e76d.jpg

I have more pics at other places but think you guys got the idea on WDW offers a variety of food - not your grandpa's burger and fries theme park from the 70s..

Edited by harryfat1
spacing between photos
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Yesterday our 2 y/o granddaughter joined us for the day. We visited Southwick’s Zoo in Mass, then back home for some swimming, then dinner at middle DD’s house when we brought granddaughter home. 

2734B920-3707-4086-9D9A-C6795F2132D9.jpeg

835F3CD7-FC7D-48F2-88CA-131B47A9E510.jpeg

5FE12F3D-AFE1-4D03-98E8-479FC6F4A120.jpeg

FB269547-8C26-43AF-BA26-4ACD54D4A9D9.jpeg

D7295F2A-8377-44B2-AD56-568B1824E1AF.jpeg

Beautiful grandchildren!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

10 pounds is a bargain....DIL was being double for each kid.

Actually I just checked  it was £12 !!

Bargin compared to what I paid out for my colour (normally I do my own colour), cut and blow-dry 

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Good luck tomorrow!🤞It's certainly not something to look forward to.  However,  your cruise is definitely something to look forward to!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Bargain compared to what I paid out for my colour (normally I do my own colour), cut and blow-dry 

Ha-ha.... Our cost of living here is so high 😢

I'm paying 100 pounds for cut, highlights and color for my short hair (luckily I go every 7 or 8 weeks).

Local hairdresser, nothing fancy.

Before him, I paid 125 pounds at another local hairdresser, out of sheer convenience -- my nail lady had a "table" there, and while she was doing my nails, he was coloring my hair....

But when he told me that he is "loosing money" with the 125, and wants 150, I said "enough is enough" and went "hairdresser shopping".

100 was the cheapest I could find, and he didn't change the rate for the last 5 years...

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Marietta, how is Bosley? ✌️

Bosley is still hanging in.  Meds are keeping him going.  He has trouble going upstairs and they put a diaper on him when they are not home.  I am hoping to see him this weekend, well, Saturday before the cruise.  Thanks for asking.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Tomorrow night must be when Hannah gets sacked.

It get's real ugly. It caused a lot of controversy. So much that fans still hate Capt. Sandy and Malia for what went down. I can see both sides of the argument.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My DIL decided to buy an electric trimmer (?) to save on hair cutting....

First non-rev customers - below.

DS2 still on the fence 🤨

איתי ועמית.jpg

What cute grandsons.  Their hair cuts look great too. 

• Thanks 1