Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I've been traveling back and forth between Boise and Spokane for the last couple of weeks and have decided that this is where I retire.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  Low, low crime, inexpensive property and I think I like small town living too. As long as I have access to a decent larger town within a reasonable driving distance, that is. Full retirement is still a ways away but semi retirement seems it might just be right around the corner though. I'm getting weary. I've found a couple little towns in the middle of nowhere here with populations between 1000 and 2000 but within an hour of Lewiston and 3 hours of Spokane.  I'm thinking maybe buying land now and use it with the RV occasionally until then.  Maybe summer up here... and CA or cruise in winter.

Now just have to convince DW. 🙂 

IMG_1027.jpeg

One of my children has a home in a town with a population of 261. No crimes of violence for at least 20 years.1 robbery in the past 10 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Nice here right now too....but will prefer your cooler weather once we get there.  😉 

First two nights rebooked into Silver Springs (Ocala) do some kayaking on the Silver River (beautiful river).  Then a quick overnight in Carrabelle, then on to connect with our 2 weeks stay in Grayton Beach...I hope.  😬

You going to head out tomorrow morning?      Safe travels.      

RV was upset you didn't take it to Maine this year..HaHa!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hi guys.  I am waaay behind, and will go back to read everything that's been going on around here when I get the chance.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all of your thoughts and good wishes for Jim's surgery.

Surgery went well.  We had to be there at 9:00 yesterday morning.  Silly me, I thought I'd be hanging around for the day.  We got there early, and they let me stay in the waiting room with Jim, until they promptly took him to pre-op for his 11:00 surgery.  I had to then go back home (about 1/2 hour from hospital).  The surgeon called me around 1:00 and said all went well, but he couldn't believe the damage Jim had to his knee.  Anyway, the surgeon said Jim would be in recovery for about 2 hours or so.  I wound up calling the hospital after 4 to see if Jim was admitted to his room, and was told he was still in recovery.  Jim finally called me at 5:00 to tell me he was in his room.  He looked good, and we were told he could possibly be going home Tuesday, if his rehab went well.  I talked to Jim this morning, and even though he hadn't started rehab yet, he felt that he'd be coming home with me today.  So, here's hoping.  If not today, tomorrow is another day.  (I actually wouldn't mind if it was tomorrow, since we're going to be getting heavy rain, and it looks like it's about to begin).

So..a big thanks to you all.  You guys are the Best!!❤️

Happy to hear it went well, you must be relieved! 

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I don’t know your dates…but I frequently rent lovely condos at Amelia.  Two or three bedrooms.  I know you can do just a few nights sometimes.  I research on VRBO but rent direct if I can.  Much less pricey than the Ritz.

Thanks for the idea, I’ll check it out!

Wow, page 1300.  I am going to try to get back to posting, but things have been really busy.  I really need a cruise. January can’t come soon enough.  I have been looking at some other cruises for next year, snd may have to carve out some time tomorrow to book a couple more. 

Have been tied up lately in transferring ownership in our firm to new owners and doing some mentoring to a couple of them. I foresee a lot more before the end of the year.  

This morning, we did get out for a nice relaxing walk.  It was a little overcast, but nice views. 

03497EE8-12ED-4A6E-AD4F-64ED745B99C9.thumb.jpeg.16e6d74e9035f9ecf1b9674d62a5be53.jpeg

This afternoon, we went shopping at a place called Kraynaks.  They have a very nice Christmas Land display.  Here is a little video I did from our walk through.  Who is ready for Christmas?

ok, not sure why this YouTube video did not embed, but the link should get you there.

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

It has been cleaned several times since then, but not with furry and frustration like on April 2nd, 2020....

Those uncertain days!  I don't want to revisit those days! But want to keep a respectful perspective so I can give thanks to whoever and whatever that touched me and helped me walk through. We all emerged different, some a bit stronger, some a bit scared, some happy, some sad of loosing friends, family, patients, colleagues, pets. But we made it. We all made it!

Thanks Dani for being the matriarch of this online family.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Wow, page 1300.  I am going to try to get back to posting, but things have been really busy.  I really need a cruise. January can’t come soon enough.  I have been looking at some other cruises for next year, snd may have to carve out some time tomorrow to book a couple more. 

Have been tied up lately in transferring ownership in our firm to new owners and doing some mentoring to a couple of them. I foresee a lot more before the end of the year.  

This morning, we did get out for a nice relaxing walk.  It was a little overcast, but nice views. 

03497EE8-12ED-4A6E-AD4F-64ED745B99C9.thumb.jpeg.16e6d74e9035f9ecf1b9674d62a5be53.jpeg

This afternoon, we went shopping at a place called Kraynaks.  They have a very nice Christmas Land display.  Here is a little video I did from our walk through.  Who is ready for Christmas?

ok, not sure why this YouTube video did not embed, but the link should get you there.

Welcome back. We missed your pictures.

• Like 3

So, I may be going a little backwards as I try to catch up.  

@Luckynana, glad the surgery went well.  The knee is something I may be looking at before long. Have to get an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon soon to have him evaluate a problem with my knee.  I may want to get it addressed before I get much older. 

@Momof3gurlz, how was your Disney experience?  I just saw one of my former employees who use to work for Disney. He was just there, and said he saw many issues that degraded what was expected.  As someone who was intimately involved, he was probably more aware of where they were now cutting corners. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@BonTexasNY

So I've asked my son what I'm doing wrong....

He suggested my Iphone could be the "culprit", and asked to send my video to DH, who has a Samsung...

It seems to have worked 😁, finally

Yes!! Beautiful setting and love the plants!

• Like 1

@bobmacliberty, great pictures and recaps from your cruise.  Although we have a B2B on Oasis in January, I am looking at a B2B on Allure for February/March.  Airfare is as expensive as one week of the cruise, so if we book, we may make the drive again from PA.

I am also intrigued by the TP from Honolulu to Sidney next October.  Although we have been to Hawaii 7 times, I wouldn’t mind a little more time there.   That cruise may be on my radar, but not sure how Australia will be in a year. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

@bobmacliberty, great pictures and recaps from your cruise.  Although we have a B2B on Oasis in January, I am looking at a B2B on Allure for February/March.  Airfare is as expensive as one week of the cruise, so if we book, we may make the drive again from PA.

I am also intrigued by the TP from Honolulu to Sidney next October.  Although we have been to Hawaii 7 times, I wouldn’t mind a little more time there.   That cruise may be on my radar, but not sure how Australia will be in a year. 

Airfare is crazy now we are paying hundreds more than normal each way to Florida first class.

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Nice here right now too....but will prefer your cooler weather once we get there.  😉 

First two nights rebooked into Silver Springs (Ocala) do some kayaking on the Silver River (beautiful river).  Then a quick overnight in Carrabelle, then on to connect with our 2 weeks stay in Grayton Beach...I hope.  😬

So happy you and Bucky can continue your travels.  Safe journey to you both.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL.  Trying to see if it would act up...is the RV service term for trying to see if it would run bad, like what we experienced when we first tried to take it down the highway first day we left, and were only 3 miles from the house.  It would not go over 40 miles an hour down the 70 mile an hour speed limit highway.  And was acting like it was about to totally shut down.  When the RV service people checked it, .....it was running fine.  We are all clueless.  Can't fix what is not apparently broken now.  

Bucky just called as he is taking it down the interstate highway right now.  He said so far, it is running well, just like before the problem we had.  

Could be bad fuel (from sitting so long all summer) or dirt in the fuel line, or carboned up (all my guess work).  Whatever it was seems to have mysteriously disappeared.  

Just hope it continues to run well through our trip for the next 4 weeks, then get it back home and sell it.  😮😉 

Great that you will be back on the road. It is always a bit concerning when the issue can't be identified but the bright side is that it didn't cost anything to fix it!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Beautiful Christmas Displays.  There are some really cute items I would love to add to my holiday decorations.  I guess it's time to look online before they all sell out.

There was a story on news this evening that it is time to start shopping due to supply chain problems expect a lot of problems with getting toys, electronics, etc. So best to start early.

UGGHH!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Who is ready for Christmas?

ME! I am a Christmas nut as It's my favorite time of year. Halloween is second. I go all out the decorating and fun and as a hobby I collect Christmas music. I have over 30,000 songs in my collection. Love this time of year.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Snacks for the girl. 

Our Cat is addicted to those. I don't know what is in them but every time I go in the kitchen he is right there at the cupboard where I keep them looking at and meowing. It's pretty funny I feel like a drug dealer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3