Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

And does the cruise line address this in any way?  This is what concerns me going forward with whatever vestiges of the pandemic wil remain.

Yes, the staff are addressing it. For example in the theater a group of 8 came upstairs to the everyone area carrying drinks and said they didn't have to wear masks while they had a drink. They were told unless actively drinking masks had to worn. They decided to comply.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I cannot seem to be able to do it.

Lenny, after reading a post you would like to quote,

• click the blue + button, to the left of the quote button. Do not hit the quote button next to it.  A box will appear on the lower right of your screen listing how many quotes you want. 
  • Keep reading posts and click the + button for each post you want to quote. 
  • When you are finished clicking + for as many quotes as you want, click the quote box in the lower right of your screen that has the # of quotes you want to respond to. 
  • After clicking to quote, they all will appear.
  • Each quote you want to respond to is light blue and you begin typing your response in the white area below that blue quote. No worries, the space increases as you type so no limit on your response to each quote. 
  • Check other multiple quotes to see how posters respond.
  • When you are done, just click the Submit Reply as you usually do.
  • I hope this helps and didn't further confuse you.
Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, after reading a post you would like to quote,

• click the blue + button, to the left of the quote button. Do not hit the quote button next to it.  A box will appear on the lower right of your screen listing how many quotes you want. 
  • Keep reading posts and click the + button for each post you want to quote. 
  • When you are finished clicking + for as many quotes as you want, click the quote box in the lower right of your screen that has the # of quotes you want to respond to. 
  • After clicking to quote, they all will appear.
  • The quote you want to respond to is light blue and you begin typing your response in the white area below that blue quote. No worries, the space increases as you type so no limit on your response to each quote. 
  • Check other multiple quotes to see how posters respond.
  • When you are done, just click the Submit Reply as you usually do.
  • I hope this helps and didn't further confuse you.

@lenquixote66

Thanks, Bonnie, for the detailed explanation 👍

I'm adding 2 photos to better "illustrate" the steps --

The red one

quoting.thumb.jpg.dc3adee70ac21da0a44b79fd0ca32fdb.jpg

The blue one

quoting1.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

The only Motown I ever liked was the Supremes.

We walked out on a Diana Ross concert a few years ago she was terrible, in play Motown they talked about her ego. I rather listen to Marvin Gaye and the Temptations among others. Rarely here any current stars singing supremes songs , but many do covers of What’s going on and mercy mercy me.

• Like 5

To ,Dani,Bonnie,et al.I will no longer quote anyone.I have posted more than once that due to my disabilities I cannot use a computer.I am in bed 21 hours a day and use a special tablet.

Due to the Parkinsons my hands shake too much to even try to do multiple quotes.

Just to type the above it takes me quite a long time .I will read posts and if I wish to reply to somebody I will post it in the box.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

You're so right, Bonnie 😢

DH was "downsized" at the age of 58, after working for the same company for 37 years (finished his army service on Tuesday, started on Wednesday.... someone who served with him at the same unit brought him in... in those times, it was enough that you said: "I know him, he's OK" 😁)

He tried, in vain, to find another place of work. He didn't. He is "at home" from 2008....

After a few years "together", I've decided to look for a job "outside" (I was working as a free lance at home all those years). When I've mentioned my DOB (over 60 at the time) -- nothing.

When I omitted it -- got plenty of replies with my qualifications... but, then, I've raised the issue of my age, and "ohh, we'll get back to you"....

Sad, but true.

Age goes against you in the UK too.

I went to the hospital Dermatology outpatient department this afternoon for what I thought was to get my Basal cell carcinoma removed.

Disappointingly the consultant just had a quick look filled a form in which is difficult to read and said it would be done after Christmas in a hospital theatre.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

You're so right, Bonnie 😢

DH was "downsized" at the age of 58, after working for the same company for 37 years (finished his army service on Tuesday, started on Wednesday.... someone who served with him at the same unit brought him in... in those times, it was enough that you said: "I know him, he's OK" 😁)

He tried, in vain, to find another place of work. He didn't. He is "at home" from 2008....

After a few years "together", I've decided to look for a job "outside" (I was working as a free lance at home all those years). When I've mentioned my DOB (over 60 at the time) -- nothing.

When I omitted it -- got plenty of replies with my qualifications... but, then, I've raised the issue of my age, and "ohh, we'll get back to you"....

Sad, but true.

When a corporation bought out an existing company I worked for, 75% of employees 50 years and older were laid off.  I had a consultation with an age discrimination attorney who said he would love to take my case and sue them for the wages I would have made had I not been laid off. Not sure how many years that would have been.

He said the corp had to show specific cause why I was laid off.  He looked over my semi-annual job performance reviews which were stellar and said he couldn't imagine what that reason would be.  

However, he was honest and told me IF the judge ruled in the corp's favor, I would be liable to pay their attorney fees.  He told me to go home and talk it over with my family.  Jack and I decided it wasn't worth the stress and fear that I would lose.

1 hour ago, George C said:

I was also a victim of age discrimination, actually had a small lawsuit which is almost impossible to win in Texas since the laws favor the corporation. I know from my HR wife that’s it’s illegal to even ask your age here. She wants to retire but looking for a large package, good thing is she knows all the packages that others have got, she also has been told if she retires they want her as a consultant. She has been there for over 20 years.

The new corp I mentioned in my quote to Dani above, had a guy visiting from the home office meet with employees one at a time, in a vacant office and asked them their ages.  Some answered and some told him it was illegal to ask any age questions.  I had the word of 2 employees that they would be happy to testify on my behalf if I decided to go to court. 

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@lenquixote66

Thanks, Bonnie, for the detailed explanation 👍

I'm adding 2 photos to better "illustrate" the steps --

The red one

quoting.thumb.jpg.dc3adee70ac21da0a44b79fd0ca32fdb.jpg

The blue one

quoting1.jpg

Perfect!!!  I should have thought of that myself.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

To ,Dani,Bonnie,et al.I will no longer quote anyone.I have posted more than once that due to my disabilities I cannot use a computer.I am in bed 21 hours a day and use a special tablet.

Due to the Parkinsons my hands shake too much to even try to do multiple quotes.

Just to type the above it takes me quite a long time .I will read posts and if I wish to reply to somebody I will post it in the box.

Lenny, do you have a voice program? That might make things more comfortable for you.  I honestly don't recall your posts that you cannot use a computer.  You do seem to do well with your quotes.  I apologize.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I love Neil Diamond and been to several of his concerts and it might be that he is getting up there in age but at the last concert, instead of singing his songs, he would just say the words.  And he talked a lot.  You kind of just wanted him to sing.

We had gone to many Melanie Concerts (Candles in the rain) in the early 70's, and were looking forward to seeing her in concert last year at a college here in NJ.  Many people..some, still hippies(!) were all smiling, happily anticipating seeing Melanie.  Sadly, she came walking onto the stage, cane in one hand, being supported by her son with her other hand.  She had aged, (as we all have), but she really aged.  When she sang some of her songs, her voice sounded aged;  when she sang other songs, you could hear the Melanie from the 70's....so, perhaps Neil Diamond felt his audience might better appreciate hearing him talk, rather than his aging singing voice??  

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Have never stepped foot inside a Social Security office.  The thought makes me cringe.  😳

Jim and I had to go to the SS office in Naples, and I must say, it wasn't bad!!

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Fyi, I still use my very first aol email address🤩

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Me too, when will people stop making fun of that 😞

As do I, and it's quite long! lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We had gone to many Melanie Concerts (Candles in the rain) in the early 70's, and were looking forward to seeing her in concert last year at a college here in NJ.  Many people..some, still hippies(!) were all smiling, happily anticipating seeing Melanie.  Sadly, she came walking onto the stage, cane in one hand, being supported by her son with her other hand.  She had aged, (as we all have), but she really aged.  When she sang some of her songs, her voice sounded aged;  when she sang other songs, you could hear the Melanie from the 70's....so, perhaps Neil Diamond felt his audience might better appreciate hearing him talk, rather than his aging singing voice??  

As do I, and it's quite long! lol

I applied for social security 5 years ago over the phone , only took about 15 mins , talked a super nice agent , getting a big raise in January.

The company my wife works for still has some employees in there 70’s and 80’s on the payroll.

• Like 3

If CC lets me post, just a quick update. Owen is feeling 100%. Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Owen had a few practices for football, and a hockey game last night.  Semi-finals for football happen tomorrow.  He had a few quizzes too and a test tomorrow. 90% on math and 97% French verbal test.

Friday we depart for another hockey tournament.  Thankfully it’s only 2 hours from home. It never seems to end but in a good way. Hopefully I can post photos later tonight. That is if CC works. 

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Take care Lenny.

I'm so sorry your Parkinson's affects you this much.

I always enjoy reading your posts.

Graham.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Jack and I figured out the trick for shorter wait at the Soc. Sec. office pre-covid.  We arrived 10 mins before closing when the office was only open half a day until 1. Apparently, others knew when it closed and didn't bother coming in close to closing time. Office was almost empty.  We had less than a 10 min. wait.  They continue working with you beyond 1pm, they just lock the doors at 1.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

If CC lets me post, just a quick update. Owen is feeling 100%. Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Owen had a few practices for football, and a hockey game last night.  Semi-finals for football happen tomorrow.  He had a few quizzes too and a test tomorrow. 90% on math and 97% French verbal test.

Friday we depart for another hockey tournament.  Thankfully it’s only 2 hours from home. It never seems to end but in a good way. Hopefully I can post photos later tonight. That is if CC works. 

Way to go Owen on those test results! 

Does he have a sport he favors more than the others?

3 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Have been to the SS office once and hope to never go back. It was years ago. We had to go through a medal detector, wanded and everything searched. No food or drinks allowed and the employees sit behind thick glass. All of this to get a replacement card.

I would definitely look into replacement card online, if it ever happens again...I think I saw that feature the last time I was on there.  

Anything to stay out of that Feds building.  😮 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, George C said:

We walked out on a Diana Ross concert a few years ago she was terrible, in play Motown they talked about her ego. I rather listen to Marvin Gaye and the Temptations among others. Rarely here any current stars singing supremes songs , but many do covers of What’s going on and mercy mercy me.

Diana Ross made a guest appearance, on I think it was America's Got Talent, a few years ago. She was so bad that if she had been a contestant she would have been buzzed off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I seem to remember that Pat ( @island lady) had some good advice re: when to start SS.... something along the lines of "when is your birthday"...

May be she could chime in?

"Full" retirement for my age bracket is/was 66 and 2 months.  So that is what I requested and have happily been getting a pay check now since last August for the first time in 12 years.  😉 

Bucky still beat me on the monthly check by one dollar...sheeezz...always the one up's man.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I "think" I remember reading that Neil has parkinson's disease. That may be affecting his ability to sing. I think he became too flashy as time went on with his dress and the spin he put on his classic songs. I didn't really care for the transformation.

Melanie was very pretty back in her prime.

25 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Andrew, so glad CC let u post, and that Owen is OK.

My knowledge about hockey is limited to say the least.

OTOH, 90% on math and 97% French -- I KNOW that's very impressive 👍.

• Like 1