Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

A suggestion to Dani re Mimi.My thought is that perhaps you or the doctor who posts on this thread contact whomever is in charge of CC and tell that person that we are all concerned about Mimi.They have her last name on file and we know her husbands first name. They could possibly find a phone number and call. It is just a thought.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I baked bacon for the first time.  I used to fry but lately have microwave.  If it tastes as good as it looks I’m baking bacon for awhile.  I am trying to use up the last of the garden tomatoes.

I bought this today. It caught my eye… tastes great but certainly isn’t a bowl of bacon with maple syrup to dip it in. 

D9D6BBB5-6055-484F-8A8A-DAB655DA85DD.thumb.jpeg.b86289c94f68784443354ac4e568c51f.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

That doesn't change the fact that Naseer was eliminated before Evvie.  You are looking for something that isn't there and I am done responding to this topic.  

I was going to respond but I don't think it would go well. So I'll join you on the sideline. If we were on a ship I'd join you in the Schooner bar.😊

• Like 7

8D5542A8-1A04-40A7-959A-D51E02F1038D.thumb.jpeg.3d14c5f9c93194e54b96fdb916da8e5a.jpegI baked bacon for the first time.  I used to fry but lately have microwave.  If it tastes as good as it looks I’m baking bacon for awhile.  I am trying to use up the last of the garden tomatoes.293980F7-4908-45A0-8CD7-1D38541DF61C.thumb.jpeg.985e726dd452fb5ff484f4d2d338dbfd.jpeg

I have wanted to try that but I am worried about how much of a mess it makes in the oven.  I know that a lot of the chefs bake their bacon but they have other people who clean up.  

• Like 3

Owens football team is headed to city finals. Owen scored 7 points, with two field goals and a PAT. Even better, he also finished his math test before heading to the game this morning.  

Hockey practice tonight. We just picked him up  from school. He just watched his “unofficial” girlfriend’s basket ball game. They won too.

He’s a bit quiet/shy about it but she travelled 45 minutes with her mom to watch one of Owen’s hockey games.  We have met both of them as well and she seems nice. 

DEE9FA8F-3DA4-456F-B50D-0D031535D486.thumb.jpeg.61aae6d4332751dfaecdc6166cb5703e.jpeg

C2323548-E98E-48C6-8F2F-3FFEBB1ECFE0.thumb.jpeg.f5680a11154ff558c720cc4ee28b503e.jpeg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Thanks.  I gave up on it a very long time ago too. Hence, my not knowing. I rarely venture out of this thread with the exception of the occasional visit to the Bella thread or select "Live" reviews.

May I suggest a title such as "Welcome to Dani's Home For Wayward CC Posters to Share Food, Pet, Sunrise and Grandchildren Pictures and Other Various Random Routine Subjects".

That might be a little too lengthy, how about "Dani's Home of Routine Subjects"?

And not so routine subjects.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

A suggestion to Dani re Mimi....contact whomever is in charge of CC and tell that person that we are all concerned about Mimi.

While we're all concerned about Mimi, that's a "line" I wouldn't even dream of crossing. Everyone here is entitled to reveal and participate as much as he/she is comfortable with.

I choose to hope, along with @Arzeena, that Mimi has lost her phone.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

While we're all concerned about Mimi, that's a "line" I wouldn't even dream of crossing. Everyone here is entitled to reveal and participate as much as he/she is comfortable with.

I choose to hope, along with @Arzeena, that Mimi has lost her phone.

I absolutely agree with you. That suggestion was way over the line... in my opinion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I check profiles to see if anyone who hasn't posted for a while has reacted to posts and Mimi last reaction was on November 11th.

Sending prayers 🙏 for Mimi.

Graham.

I sometimes do this too and then I feel like a stalker.     I will admit this morning I looked up Mimi and saw no posts since last Thursday the 11th.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well I'm bummed now. Just found out my April 2023 cruise on Jewell to Tortola BVI is being cancelled. Gotta see if there is another sailing to get me to the Soggy Dollar on Jost Van Dyke.

What is the reason for cancellation?   seems early to cancel 2023 cruise.    

• Thanks 1

8D5542A8-1A04-40A7-959A-D51E02F1038D.thumb.jpeg.3d14c5f9c93194e54b96fdb916da8e5a.jpegI baked bacon for the first time.  I used to fry but lately have microwave.  If it tastes as good as it looks I’m baking bacon for awhile.  I am trying to use up the last of the garden tomatoes.293980F7-4908-45A0-8CD7-1D38541DF61C.thumb.jpeg.985e726dd452fb5ff484f4d2d338dbfd.jpeg

I, too, used to fry my bacon but after I got this for christmas last year I air fry all the time.    Love it!

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/cuisinart-reg-air-fryer-toaster-oven/5516132?skuId=61818064&store=227&enginename=google&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_kitchenelectrics_local&product_id=61818064&adtype=pla&product_channel=local&adpos=&creative=248875057638&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&utm_campaignid=71700000037211805&utm_adgroupid=58700004142068815&targetid=92700034062230274&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2PSRuouj9AIVxp-zCh0QtQ5bEAQYASABEgLvk_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

First one is an Italian breakfast in an Italian restaurant pre cruise in Southampton England.

Second one was a Spanish breakfast 9 days ago in Spain.

Graham.

IMG_20210821_093454.jpg

IMG_20211110_101514.jpg

They both look delicious to me.   I love breakfast foods!    I hope they serve blood sausage on my next cruise on Anthem in Jan.   We are not able to get in the states. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

He just watched his “unofficial” girlfriend’s basket ball game. ... He’s a bit quiet/shy about it but she travelled 45 minutes with her mom to watch one of Owen’s hockey games.  We have met both of them as well and she seems nice.

Ohhh, Andrew, how special 💘 

Yes, they are.... but, when finally they "came clean 😉", they came to "momsy" first 😁

• Like 3

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Trouble is...once you sell at that higher price...where do you go?  😉  

Everything to buy is higher as well, and very slim pickings.  😮 

Most don’t luck out like my older brother.  Before he retired he bought a house near Sunbury Pa two years ago.  About a month or so ago he finished it and moved in.  He was able to sell his house in Middleton Pa for more than he was originally asking.  It normally doesn’t work out that nice.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owens football team is headed to city finals. Owen scored 7 points, with two field goals and a PAT. Even better, he also finished his math test before heading to the game this morning.  

Hockey practice tonight. We just picked him up  from school. He just watched his “unofficial” girlfriend’s basket ball game. They won too.

He’s a bit quiet/shy about it but she travelled 45 minutes with her mom to watch one of Owen’s hockey games.  We have met both of them as well and she seems nice. 

C2323548-E98E-48C6-8F2F-3FFEBB1ECFE0.thumb.jpeg.f5680a11154ff558c720cc4ee28b503e.jpeg

Proud parents!  Rightly so.

A big congratulations to Owen

Ah, young love!  My 12 year old grandson went to see his "friend"  play in her Volleyball Tournament.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, derorim said:

I believe the title of the thread should stay as it is, as a reminder of just how far we have come since the "lockdown" days, and how long it has taken us to get where we are today.  I just re-read the posts on the thread's first page.  People were scared, and this thread became a place to gather and interact safely.  I would hate to see the title generalized to the point where the admins move it to the Floataway Lounge, only to be unseen and forgotten.

I agree too, I think the name is just fine as is.    I would really hate to see CC move it somewhere and we all get lost.    Dani, I recommend just leaving it be, "don't rock the boat". 😍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They both look delicious to me.   I love breakfast foods!    I hope they serve blood sausage on my next cruise on Anthem in Jan.   We are not able to get in the states. 

We call it Black Pudding in England.

It has an acquired taste but we usually say No Black Pudding when we order as it is on a traditional English breakfast.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

My current situation. 

9544475E-B6F1-438A-969A-ADA7AC23FB75.thumb.jpeg.edd2b163ebe0720ff37f1e78d456f3e5.jpeg

A good place to be after a day of yard work.  Keep waiting for a waiter to com by to ask if I need another drink.  Mine is empty now.  

Looks like clear skies for the eclipse tonight. 

I think we might have a chance of seeing around 4 am if I heard correctly on the news this morning while I was getting ready for work. 

• Like 2