Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

One of my favorite Christmas songs is Stevie Nick's version of Silent Night. I play in a contemporary music group in church and we do Stevie's version at Christmas.

One of my favorite contemporary Christmas songs is "Little Drummer Boy" by Bob Seager and the Silver Bullet Band. Which is on the A Very Special Christmas Album, same as Stevie Nicks version of "Silent Night", which is also a beautiful song.

Favorite tradition/religious Christmas song:  "O Holy Night" sung by anybody. There is no bad version.

Favorite modern Christmas song: Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Love pretty much everything on their first album: Christmas Eve and Other Stories, specifically "Old City Bar", "This Christmas Day" and "Mad Russian Christmas". 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

One of my favorite contemporary Christmas songs is "Little Drummer Boy" by Bob Seager and the Silver Bullet Band. Which is on the A Very Special Christmas Album, same as Stevie Nicks version of "Silent Night", which is also a beautiful song.

Favorite tradition/religious Christmas song:  "O Holy Night" sung by anybody. There is no bad version.

Favorite modern Christmas song: Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Love pretty much everything on their first album: Christmas Eve and Other Stories, specifically "Old City Bar", "This Christmas Day" and "Mad Russian Christmas". 

I was thinking the same thing.  My favorite Christmas song is "O Holy Night", beautifully sung by Josh Groban..  Brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.  Just love it!  Same with "Little Drummer Boy".

Also love Trans-Siberian Orchestra.  Tonight is their concert at San Jose Performing Arts.  We did not get tickets to go see them..  We did however see "Hairspray" there Saturday.  That was a great, fun show.  It made you want to get up and dance with them.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

One of my favorite contemporary Christmas songs is "Little Drummer Boy" by Bob Seager and the Silver Bullet Band. Which is on the A Very Special Christmas Album, same as Stevie Nicks version of "Silent Night", which is also a beautiful.

Drummer Boy is another of my favorites that my group does on Christmas.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

1844949760_2021GregsSwankPadLoungePresentsChristmasInTheAirFront.thumb.jpg.bba5f375965e34c532892e308ec7ab70.jpg

So if you like Christmas music and want to listen to some new and old and some unique feel free to download unzip and play.

Here is the link. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oso6uml09bav2vn/2021 GREG'S SWANK PAD LOUNGE PRESENTS CHRISTMAS IN THE AIR MIX.zip?dl=0

Thank you, Greg!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Gazebo has been delivered. Amazing trailer they had for off loading it and placing it in the exact place we wanted. Because the back yard isn't level, they used concrete blocks and made it nice and level the best they could.

We will need to put a skirt(lattice) on the high side to make it look nice, Next spring we will be doing some landscaping around it.

The bench and the 2 peach trees you see to the right of the gazebo  are in memory of both mine and my wife parents who we lost back  3 of them in 2019. My Mother-inlaw passed back in 2009.

It will be nice to have the gazebo near the memorial for them all, they

Resized_20211201_080509.jpeg

Gazebo looks great there and I'm sure you will really enjoy.

Seeing the above would have scared me but sounds like an amazing truck system they used.

I forgot: My favorite "unknown" Christmas Song: Bing Crosby's "Christmas in Killarney". 

It's played in shopping malls everywhere & yet when I mention it to people, I get a blank look.

Christmas song I never have to hear again: "Grandma got run over by a reindeer", It got played out years ago.

• Like 1