Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Yesterday they sent us a little video of him discovering he can suck his toe.  It's the sweetest thing, especially the BIG grin on his face when his dad asks what he's doing, adorable 💕 

Those are cute times when they start discovering things like there feet.  I wonder at first if they understand it’s their toe before they stick it in their  mouth.  They grow up so quickly.  Enjoy the moments will we can.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We got home from the hospital yesterday after waiting 1 1/2 hours while they looked for my cane. I last saw it in pre-op, where they said my things would be safe. 
Finally gave up, and left with no cane 

When we got home and settled, Dick needed to walk, since he missed three mile walk all week. 
I carefully got undressed and put a nightgown on. That’s when I realized I had a capped off needle on the inside if my elbow. I had seen many an iv needle pulled out, so was ready with a cotton ball and tape when I carefully pulled off the tape and pulled out the needle.
Holy Niagara Falls!
Blood poured out like I’d struck oil.  
I grabbed a bunch of Kleenex and pressed it against my arm, and they were immediately soaked through. 
The bed, carpet, nightgown and the left side of my body were soaked. 
Grabbed more Kleenex, pressed it against the inside of my elbow and scuttled to the linen closet. 
We had bought gauze pads because of last month’s surgery. 
I grabbed several pads, applied pressure and the bleeding turned off like a faucet. 
Evidently the capped needle as there so the middle of the night vampires could draw blood without turning on the light. 
The blood would have backed up waiting to be released, and I released it. 
Dick came home and about fainted. Not because of the blood, but because he thought something went horribly wrong. 
He threw everything in to soak while I tried to clean the blood off me. No shower because of the new pacemaker. 
Luckily, we’re ok with blood, at least so far!

He got down on the floor and cleaned the carpet and the bathroom floor, remade the bed, and then we watched Jeopardy!

Quite the homecoming, and still no cane!

I hope I didn’t ruin anyone’s dinner!

Wow Mimi, you’ve had quite a time of it the last couple of months. Hoping you (and the rest of us) have a better 2022!

• Like 8

CC gremlins have been at it again. The newest glitch for me is a blank white screen if I try to go forward or backward a page in a thread.  Thank goodness @bobmacliberty taught me how to clear cookies for this site only. 
Started looking at another road trip to FL at the end of Jan into Feb to escape the cold. Youngest granddaughter turns one on Jan 20th so we can’t leave before that. 
Those of you who live in FL, how warm is it generally in February where you are?  

• Like 2

Early Christmas celebration was a huge success at our house last night.  Although the grandkids had been here when their presents were under our tree, their mom said all they could talk about this week was coming here and opening presents.  There is nothing like the pure joy and excitement in their voices, and we really enjoyed watching their reactions. 

Everything happened at such a rapid pace, that no one could believe how fat it happened.  I had a photo when we all sat down to dinner at 4:20.  By 5:01, not only was dinner over, but the grandkids had opened 12 gifts each by then. 😂😂 I call that excitement. 

After the wrapping paper and boxes were all cleared from in front of the tree, the kids posed for their Hallmark greeting card moment. 

8F2DD38C-64D4-4E53-B266-BC3C16BBEF34.thumb.jpeg.65ac7d7c569aaac5fb8c684a73e42858.jpeg

As for me, this morning I had to try out a present my daughter got for me.  It is a towel / robe warmer.  It was 22° when I got out of the hot tub this morning, and the warm towel and robe felt pretty good. 

D33A2EEF-D1D6-4028-AC67-700B158FE597.thumb.jpeg.a6fd9238f117594567f433efa176c016.jpeg

Now we are on the road to Erie for a Christmas get together with 3 of Susan’s sisters.  

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

CC gremlins have been at it again. The newest glitch for me is a blank white screen if I try to go forward or backward a page in a thread.  Thank goodness @bobmacliberty taught me how to clear cookies for this site only. 
Started looking at another road trip to FL at the end of Jan into Feb to escape the cold. Youngest granddaughter turns one on Jan 20th so we can’t leave before that. 
Those of you who live in FL, how warm is it generally in February where you are?  

Warm enough for north east people to flee.

There were some fleece days last year.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Early Christmas celebration was a huge success at our house last night.  Although the grandkids had been here when their presents were under our tree, their mom said all they could talk about this week was coming here and opening presents.  There is nothing like the pure joy and excitement in their voices, and we really enjoyed watching their reactions. 

Everything happened at such a rapid pace, that no one could believe how fat it happened.  I had a photo when we all sat down to dinner at 4:20.  By 5:01, not only was dinner over, but the grandkids had opened 12 gifts each by then. 😂😂 I call that excitement. 

After the wrapping paper and boxes were all cleared from in front of the tree, the kids posed for their Hallmark greeting card moment. 

8F2DD38C-64D4-4E53-B266-BC3C16BBEF34.thumb.jpeg.65ac7d7c569aaac5fb8c684a73e42858.jpeg

As for me, this morning I had to try out a present my daughter got for me.  It is a towel / robe warmer.  It was 22° when I got out of the hot tub this morning, and the warm towel and robe felt pretty good. 

D33A2EEF-D1D6-4028-AC67-700B158FE597.thumb.jpeg.a6fd9238f117594567f433efa176c016.jpeg

Now we are on the road to Erie for a Christmas get together with 3 of Susan’s sisters.  

The kids look so sweet.  I love the Legos set up under the tree.  And I bet the warm towel and robe felt great!

• Like 3

Just got back from Owen’s 9am hockey tourney game.  They won and move to the finals. They were supposed to play yesterday but their opponents backed out due to a close contact with Covid. We would have beat them anyway, as we already had Thursday morning. 

They play the host team at 4:10 this afternoon.  Too which I will add, the referees seem to quite favourable to the home team when we played them Thursday. They also missed a lot of calls against our opponent this morning. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Got our Moderna boosters yesterday.  I had a mild headache last night and a sore arm this morning.  The shot actually hurt this time and there was a trickly of blood flowing from the injection site.  Don't think the nurse was particularly careful.  No big deal...should be all good later today.  Micheline said that she didn't even feel the needle and has had no side effects.

OK...so I spoke a little too soon.  Micheline has some chills and body aches.  It's a good day to watch football and Christmas movies under a blanket in a recliner.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

People in Florida break out fleece on days when I put on swim trunks and head to the beach.

True! True!

My family complains and says they are freezing to death when it gets to 65.🙄 Out come the coats the UGGs, the ear muffs and gloves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So cute. I think she killed the poor moose. 😁

I just about snorted my diet coke while reading this. So funny. Yes I think she did kill the moose. I was interested in why dogs do that with toys.  It comes from their wolf ancestry and their native instinct when killing a prey. As long as it's a toy and not me we are good.

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog Check out the gift I was given.

3334AF8C-26C1-413C-A858-16D2EF918DC3.thumb.jpeg.3c32cd0435e00e5754fb1ec327362bea.jpeg

So cool. I think you will like it. What we found that works well is that not only is it good for attaching to lounge chair it works well with the stretcher arm of a umbrella. Makes it real easy to get to because it's higher. Enjoy John and let me know how you like it.

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

. That’s when I realized I had a capped off needle on the inside if my elbow. I had seen many an iv needle pulled out, so was ready with a cotton ball and tape when I carefully pulled off the tape and pulled out the needle.
Holy Niagara Falls!
Blood poured out like I’d struck oil.  

Thank goodness you are ok. The fact you kept a level head and did not panic saved any serious problems. I would be having a stern conversation with the hospital as to why this happened. How could someone forget?

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

They were all wearing chef Hats that Mickey signed at Disney.

412C202C-828D-402D-B441-4707B9FABF9C.thumb.jpeg.91e1fb53daa35b27cf646e5e1593be8a.jpeg

How adorable. I love the chef's hats.

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Got our Moderna boosters yesterday.  I had a mild headache last night and a sore arm this morning.  The shot actually hurt this time and there was a trickly of blood flowing from the injection site.  Don't think the nurse was particularly careful.  No big deal...should be all good later today.  Micheline said that she didn't even feel the needle and has had no side effects.

I'm glad you got the booster. I had the same effects but not as bad as the second shot.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Just had to show the ribs and hot wings we had yesterday for lunch.

Very impressive ribs. Looks very tasty.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The best that can be said about 2021 is that it is almost over.

Amen to that my friend.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

There is nothing like the pure joy and excitement in their voices, and we really enjoyed watching their reactions. 

The joy of people's faces is what I love about Christmas. I love the pic.

42 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just got back from Owen’s 9am hockey tourney game.  They won and move to the finals.

Congratulations to Owen.  I will be rooting for them in the finals. Good luck!

39 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

OK...so I spoke a little too soon.  Micheline has some chills and body aches.  It's a good day to watch football and Christmas movies under a blanket in a recliner.

Sounds like a good plan. What Christmas movies are on the list?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That’s a great pic.  I like their their Christmas clothes.  That would make a great card better yet a pic to hang on the wall.

• Like 1